PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Even Stephen A is piling on and he worships Rodgers.

When you have the off-season that Rodgers has with his silly Last Dance prediction and you perform like that? Embarrassing.

• Brady was the best QB in the league this year.
  • The Bucs were one WR and/or an injury to the RT away from repeating as SB champions.
  • If Brady retires, he has to give back millions, and he screws over the Bucs with a big cap hit.

Time will tell, but I don't see Brady hanging them up, unless it's because of pressure from his wife.

I am not sure on the Gisele thing. All reports say she loves Tampa and also how the org is treating Tom which was her biggest gripe with NE and Bill. She felt Tom was being disrespected. So I doubt it is her. Tom has said that she has told him that she wants him to do what makes him happiest. She looked really happy at the game yesterday for whatever that is worth.
Very true. Just feels like something made Brady abruptly change his mind at least publicly about sticking around. Was it family? I read speculation that there could be a rift between Tom and the coaching staff but I can't see that playing out this way.

Very true. Just feels like something made Brady abruptly change his mind at least publicly about sticking around. Was it family? I read speculation that there could be a rift between Tom and the coaching staff but I can't see that playing out this way.
It might just be him not wanting to do it anymore. He did say this year with Jim Gray that he was not getting as much joy out of winning anymore. I also believe he accomplished everything in year one when he won the SB on the road as a WC beating Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes and of course sticking it to Bill/Bob in the process. The only thing that gives me pause is he played at an MVP level this year and that was with ALL the injuries the Bucs had. I have to imagine it is tough for him to walk away when he literally owns this game and can still physically dominate.

I am starting to ask myself if the relationship between Arians and Brady is as good as they try to make it look like. I wouldn’t be surprised if Brady think Arians is a moron and Brady has to do everything himself to make the team ready to play. when you look Arians on the sideline during a game, it looks like he just watching and he is doing nothing.

The retiring conversation began just before the playoffs. Early this month Brady stated that he wanted to be a Buccaneers for many years. I wouldn’t be shock if the retirement talk is a power play to get rid of Arians.

This is literally what Zolak thinks. And also what Bert Breer has said.
I was with this take as a possibility right up until I read it's what Zolak & Breer are saying.
Despite TFB's happy talk I don't think he likes the team's offensive philosophy.
And Bowels needs to go. A one note piano. Blitz or not blitz.
Worst of all is Special Teams. What a contrast to what Brady's used to (Concede that Pats STs this year were also way below par)

Shannon says Stafford outplayed Brady
Skip said i guess i must get a new TV bc i saw a complete different game

Gotta love skip if you love brady :D

Man do i dislike shannon's constant brady bashing, it's almost like some posters here

When did the rule against smacking QBs in the face get dropped?

Man do i dislike shannon's constant brady bashing, it's almost like some posters here
Shannon is a clown. it used to be Rodgers, but now he has Mahomes junk in his mouth. I like Burrow, hopefully he can shut these people up next weekend but I don't see it

I shudder to think what Brady would do with McVay calling the plays and Kupp, Odell, Gronk

Stafford played great what’s wrong with saying that?

It's a show and that's his act. He's anti Brady and Skip is pro Brady. Same with Belichick in reverse. I wouldn't take either of them seriously these guys are no different than WWE

• If Brady does retire this would have been the way I expected it to go down with the news being "leaked" very late in the year. He knows saying anything earlier would have been a distraction and a weekly topic of discussion and he never wanted a retirement tour.
  • I doubt the Bucs would ask Brady to repay the bonus money if he retired after what he brought to that franchise. (Colts let Luck keep his bonus)
  • If Brady retires the Bucs will likely go into a rebuild so the cap hit may not be as important. (though if it is am sure they could restructure and tweak official retirement date to spread out the the money out like Brees did)

It is clear as day that the main problem in Tampa is the coaching not the players.

Bowles has absolutely no clue what is doing. He has been doing weird stuff all year. Arians is along for the ride he has absolutely no control of this team.

Brady carried this team for two years now. Even at full strength they wouldn’t sniff 8 wins without him.

i wouldn’t be surprised that after Godwin injury Brady wanted to revamp this offense and Arians didn’t. It was painful to see the contrast between a McKvay offense and an Arians offense. McKvay scheme thing up to make it easy on the QB. I don’t have enough finger to count the time where à Rams receiver was wide open. In an Arians offense nothing is scheme. It’s all on the receiver to win his one on one and on the QB to make the throws.

It's always about the players. On the rare occasion that it isn't it's the fault of a good (Belichick) or a bad (Arians) coach. Speaking of which, does anyone know why Vrabel would go for two early in a tie game?

Last edited:
it's all of this GOAT stuff. just annoying. now I know how Jordan fans have felt for the last decade/half decade

nothing against Mahomes the person
If you think that being a Jordan fan is tough, try being a Russell fan. ;)

I try to separate the media's treatment of players and make my own judgements, as difficult as that may be. Look at the way the media fawns over Rodgers. Does that make me resent him or is it because he comes across as a douche?

AHAHAHA oh Ravens, try it. Please try it.

Marquise Brown is his his cousin; I'm guessing that plays into this.

Baltimore...that seems like a great city where AB can stay out of trouble.

Complete speculation by Florio here; he even admits he has zero to go on. I don't think there's a shed of truth to this; however, if Brady is either retiring or some other move, I really wish the Bucs had been even more aggressive this year and traded away draft picks for players.

I hope he comes out here to San Francisco, though. Damn...could you believe how great that team would be? Too bad they traded those picks for Trey Lance.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back