PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

It depends what he decides to do post-career. I don't think he is just going to do TB12 facilities.
NFL players are just not as marketable as basketball players as someone here previously mentioned.

One reason is basketball along with soccer is huge around the world. Football is mainly North American.

Another for whatever reason is that basketball is viewed as cool and hip.

Nothing against Brady and football, (hockey and baseball can't compete either) but when it comes to fame and making money, Brady is mainly limited to North America. In contrast, Jordan and basketball has international marketing dominance and fame.

NFL players are just not as marketable as basketball players as someone here previously mentioned.

One reason is basketball along with soccer is huge around the world. Football is mainly North American.

Nothing against Brady and football, (hockey and baseball can't compete either) but when it comes to fame and making money, Brady is mainly limited to North America. In contrast, Jordan and basketball has international marketing dominance and fame.
That's not true though. Football has expanded around the world. But this isn't just about just the sport but the player. Brady transcends football with his marketing prowess and being married to an international super model. Jordan back in the 90s was defined by basketball and his shoes. That's not Brady at all and Brady has a ton of capital behind him from his wife.

I think Brady's reach post-career will go beyond sneakers for obvious reasons. I am not necessarily saying he will make more money than Jordan (that is a huge ask) but he has a path to get near his heights globally.
It helps his wife is a international icon too. Brady is popular in Brazil by his association with Gisele alone. A lot of Latin-American countries are big Brady fans.

Well...

It helps his wife is a international icon too. Brady is popular in Brazil by his association with Gisele alone. A lot of Latin-American countries are big Brady fans.
This is true but she's too old for the coming up generations to help him in anyway. We know who she is because we grew up at the same time but the younger crowed are who you need to be a 'global icon' and Brady is just too old.

First Team All-Pro Votes
Aaron Rodgers 34
Tom Brady 16

do people still take awards seriously lol

Interesting. I only thought of Giselle's popularity from a North American context and that she is just one of several ultra famous models. But in Latin America, she could be "The sole top model".

I couldn't undersrand how the heck she is worth 500 million and have double the wealth of Brady. But being so popular in Latin America I think explains it.

First Team All-Pro Votes
Aaron Rodgers 34
Tom Brady 16

Most people are sheep to various degrees. Once the narrative is established as Deus puts it, the sheep follows. They read the headline without going too deep into the context and analysis.

Btw, that pretty much applies to everything.

First Team All-Pro Votes
Aaron Rodgers 34
Tom Brady 16

Man I'm not mad about Rodgers winning this or the MVP. I'm mad how wide the voting gap is

Man I'm not mad about Rodgers winning this or the MVP. I'm mad how wide the voting gap is

Im mad that Rodgers will now most definitely finish with more MVP awards than Brady does. This was the pivot of who would win more because Brady could have gone up 4 to 3. Instead it’s 3 to 4. It’s a crime.

Well it looks like th MVP for Rodgers will at least be the under 44 that was the Vegas betting line.

The voting gap for the MVP will be different because some votes will go to Kupp or Taylor.

Need it to be fuel for the rest of the team tbh.
Brady's intensity has already gone up. Everyone on the team notices. That's what they need to repeat. They have enough talent to get it done. Just need to believe.

This is just more fuel for Brady to go on a post season run. Perfect timing.
It's annoying because Brady has gotten dissed so many times going all the way back to college, to the draft, to Manning, to not being allowed to retire a Patriot on his own terms like Brees, and now this.

But I guess others must be annoyed that Brady keeps on refusing to quit and gets revenge by winning championships.

Brady's intensity has already gone up. Everyone on the team notices. That's what they need to repeat. They have enough talent to get it done. Just need to believe.
Yeah Tampa had more than enough talent to get it done at the beginning of the season.

Now it's barely enough. They'll definitely need Brady's drive and intensity to get to the SB.

It's annoying because Brady has gotten dissed so many times going all the way back to college, to the draft, to Manning, to not being allowed to retire a Patriot on his own terms like Brees, and now this.

But I guess others must be annoyed that Brady keeps on refusing to quit and gets revenge by winning championships.
As much as I wanted Brady to retire a Patriot, his signing with Tampa was the best late career move of any team sport athlete. Did more for his personal legacy than any athlete late in his career.

Yeah Tampa had more than enough talent to get it done at the beginning of the season.

Now it's barely enough. They'll definitely need Brady's drive and intensity to get to the SB.
Brady's won with less than Evans, Gronk and Fournette. He's made heroes out of the Perriman types.

I'm not worried about the offense. If the defense steps up and can hold teams to 20 points, they should win this.

Im mad that Rodgers will now most definitely finish with more MVP awards than Brady does. This was the pivot of who would win more because Brady could have gone up 4 to 3. Instead it’s 3 to 4. It’s a crime.
Manning has 5 and literally no one cares.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back