PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Brady is very clearly aiming at Jordan level generational wealth. Whether that means owning a team or not I doubt it because NFL teams are just so prohibitively expensive and are basically just kept in the family no matter what so the only play would be to have some minority stake but the point is Billion. With a B.

I do not believe he will succeed because sorry Tom I love you but you will NEVER have Air Jordan.

Brady is very clearly aiming at Jordan level generational wealth. Whether that means owning a team or not I doubt it because NFL teams are just so prohibitively expensive and are basically just kept in the family no matter what so the only play would be to have some minority stake but the point is Billion. With a B.

I do not believe he will succeed because sorry Tom I love you but you will NEVER have Air Jordan.
Basketball players are more marketable too

"The fact that they're out there does bring a smile to my face,'' Bucs DC Todd Bowles on seeing Shaquil Barrett and Lavonte David at practice.

Correct. Season defensive snap % for Bucs DLs:
Suh 62 percent
Vea 53 percent
Gholston 44 percent
Nunez-Roches 36 percent
McLendon 22 percent
O'Connor 4 percent

Want to know how hard injuries have hit the Bucs defense this season? Last year, on the way to a Super Bowl championship, nine starters played at least 70 percent of the defensive snaps for the season. This year? Just two: Devin White (94.6%) and Antoine Winfield (76.8%).

And still got 13 wins. This is where a guy like Brees would have similar stats but 4 less wins and may be sitting at home.
he would have lol. only two of his big passing seasons resulted in 10 or more wins. the rest was 7-9 or 8-8

Can't have one guy winning all the SBs, SB MVPs and the MVPs. I think in 2016 he should of won and not Ryan despite the 4 games. This year I said it many weeks ago that any reason to not give it to him would be used. There is a 0% chance that if you swap names with Rodgers or any top QB that they do not win MVP with Brady's season. No one wants one guy to win everything it ruins the league. Rodgers is a fairy that plays safe and he can have the MVP. The excuses are going to be pathetic because if Tampa gets out of this windy monsoon this weekend they will be hosting the NFC Championship. Rams or SF will destroy GB.
The peak 2021 rams lost to GB already . Why would the recent, under performing version destroy them?

edit: actually looked and the Rams loss to GB was at the end of their midseason 3 game loss streak.. they finished relatively strong apart from losing to SF again

Last edited:
The peak 2021 rams lost to GB already . Why would the recent, under performing version destroy them?

edit: actually looked and the Rams loss to GB was at the end of their midseason 3 game loss streak.. they finished relatively strong apart from losing to SF again
I like the Niners match up wise vs GB than the Rams.

Brady post-career is fascinating to ponder. I believe he has a chance to enter the Jordan stratosphere for a few reasons:
1) He has the career platform of winning like Jordan. His winning is the foundation of his brand
2) He has insanely good looks which makes him uber marketable to a wide audience across a wide variety of products/services
3) He is married to an international super model which will help him penetrate markets outside of the US well
4) Dove tails off of 3, he is married to the most successful super model of all time who has been helping him with his brand for over a decade
5) Brady's will and drive to be the best at everything he does gives him the potential for unmatched success post-career
6) Branding and marketing has changed dramatically since the 90s helping Brady to penetrate markets quicker and faster and more broadly.

Let me know if I am missing anything else?

Brady post-career is fascinating to ponder. I believe he has a chance to enter the Jordan stratosphere for a few reasons:
1) He has the career platform of winning like Jordan. His winning is the foundation of his brand
2) He has insanely good looks which makes him uber marketable to a wide audience across a wide variety of products/services
3) He is married to an international super model which will help him penetrate markets outside of the US well
4) Dove tails off of 3, he is married to the most successful super model of all time who has been helping him with his brand for over a decade
5) Brady's will and drive to be the best at everything he does gives him the potential for unmatched success post-career
6) Branding and marketing has changed dramatically since the 90s helping Brady to penetrate markets quicker and faster and more broadly.

Let me know if I am missing anything else?

Brady can’t go to countries like Angola or the former Yugoslavia and have people fawn over him because he’s that large of an international superstar. That’s why he’ll never be Jordan.

Brady can’t go to countries like Angola or the former Yugoslavia and have people fawn over him because he’s that large of an international superstar. That’s why he’ll never be Jordan.
It depends what he decides to do post-career. I don't think he is just going to do TB12 facilities.

A huge part of Jordan were the shoes and how it ties in to pop culture. Brady will never tough that.

Brate and Howard need to get involved. Perriman playing with a hip injury and now no Grayson

A huge part of Jordan were the shoes and how it ties in to pop culture. Brady will never tough that.
I think Brady's reach post-career will go beyond sneakers for obvious reasons. I am not necessarily saying he will make more money than Jordan (that is a huge ask) but he has a path to get near his heights globally.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back