PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

He's only won MVP three times which is such a travesty. He should have six by now with this being the 7th.
I think he should have 4.

Let's see

2004- Peyton had a historic season
2005- Alexander broke records
2006- LT Broke Records
2007- Brady
2008- Injury
2009- Peyton had a great season although I'd argue Brees was better
2010- Brady
2011- Rodgers went 15-1 and historic season
2012- Adrian Peterson broke records
2013- Peyton had historic season
2014- Rodgers had another historic season
2015- Cam went 15-1 and had a great season
2016- I would argue this could be Brady but he missed 4 games
2017- Brady
2018- Mahomes
2019- Lamar Jackson and Brady had a bad season due to lack of weapons
2020- Rodgers went 48TDs and only 5 INT

So he hasn't really been snubbed

The problem isn’t that Brady only has three it’s that Manning has five. He did not deserve it in either 2008 or 2009. Should have been Warner and then Brees.

I think he should have 4.

Let's see

2004- Peyton had a historic season
2005- Alexander broke records
2006- LT Broke Records
2007- Brady
2008- Injury
2009- Peyton had a great season although I'd argue Brees was better
2010- Brady
2011- Rodgers went 15-1 and historic season
2012- Adrian Peterson broke records
2013- Peyton had historic season
2014- Rodgers had another historic season
2015- Cam went 15-1 and had a great season
2016- I would argue this could be Brady but he missed 4 games
2017- Brady
2018- Mahomes
2019- Lamar Jackson and Brady had a bad season due to lack of weapons
2020- Rodgers went 48TDs and only 5 INT

So he hasn't really been snubbed

If breaking records was the criteria, as you're pointing to with the RBs, Brady should have a lot more MVPs.

If breaking records was the criteria, as you're pointing to with the RBs, Brady should have a lot more MVPs.
It's not my criteria, I was just laying out the MVP winners and I don't see any issue with the winners other than 2009.

It's not my criteria, I was just laying out the MVP winners and I don't see any issue with the winners other than 2009.
Brady should have won 3 straight, from 2015-2017. He was better than Newton in 2015, better than Ryan in 2016 and missed games only because of an obvious miscarriage of NFL justice, and won in 2017.

#1 seed, Passer Rating , and completion %. Rodgers has had a great season but Brady is the MVP. The problem is if this were Burrow, Allen or Mahomes having Bradys number and team record they'd win it in a landslide. Brady fatigue man I'm telling you. The Saints game lost it for him
Recency bias. Everyone thinking about Brady game against the saints completely forgetting that Rodgers was worse against them in week one.

Brady should be MVP on the sole fact that the Bucs relied much more on Brady than GB on Rodgers. Leading the #2 offense in the NFL vs the 10th also. Brady faced more top 10 defense that Rodgers.

It’s easy to have better efficiency number if you throw less. The difference in comp % is 1% and the difference in QBR is .3. It is negligible.

Brady should have won 3 straight, from 2015-2017. He was better than Newton in 2015, better than Ryan in 2016 and missed games only because of an obvious miscarriage of NFL justice, and won in 2017.
I agree. He would have won it in 2015 if all the offense wasn’t injured in the second half of the year and finished the season 2-4. I think Brady would have thrown for 5000+ yds and 40+ TD in 2015 if the offense stayed healthy and I think would have had a shot at 16-0 again

Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans‘ practice participation took a step in the right direction on Thursday.

Evans was a limited participant in practice on Wednesday because of a hamstring injury, but the Bucs listed him as a full participant in Thursday’s workout. Evans was bothered by the hamstring in the final weeks of the regular season, but was able to play in both of the team’s final two games.

Running back Ronald Jones (ankle) and wide receiver Cyril Grayson (hamstring) missed a second straight practice. Quarterback Tom Brady and defensive tackle Steve McLendon had a rest day.

Mike Evans up to full practice Thursday - ProFootballTalk

Recency bias. Everyone thinking about Brady game against the saints completely forgetting that Rodgers was worse against them in week one.

Brady should be MVP on the sole fact that the Bucs relied much more on Brady than GB on Rodgers. Leading the #2 offense in the NFL vs the 10th also. Brady faced more top 10 defense that Rodgers.

It’s easy to have better efficiency number if you throw less. The difference in comp % is 1% and the difference in QBR is .3. It is negligible.
I gotta think that without Brady this year, the Bucs would be struggling to be .500. That is assuming they had a middle of the pack QB.

The Packers wouldn't have had such a hard fall as they only needed Rodgers to be efficient. Maybe 2 extra losses with an average QB.

So it's obvious that Brady is more important to his team. That's what the MVP should be about,.. most valuable.

Last edited:
The Packers aren't even that good, winning several games by a squeaker due to luck or the idiocy of the other team.

They are 9th in point differential differential in the league with 79. They are even behind a non-playoff team in the Colts who have 86.

It seems to me that the SB winner is usually a team in the top 5 in point differential. Probably the Giants were the last team to win the SB with an unimpressive record.

Last edited:
Looking at the point differential and all those close wins, I don't understand why the media hype the Packers up as so scary and as the favorite. Can anyone help me here? The Bucs even have the same record with a tougher schedule for goodness sake.

Also their 13-4 record is not impressive. In most years it would only be 3rd or 4th place.

Last edited:
Looking at the point differential and all those close wins, I don't understand why the media hype the Packers up as so scary and as the favorite. Can anyone help me here? The Bucs even have the same record with a tougher schedule for goodness sake.

Also their 13-4 record is not impressive. In most years it would only be 3rd or 4th place.
It's been the same narrative since 2010. NFC favorites always the Packers

It's gotta be Lambeau. They hardly ever lose there.

It's gotta be Lambeau. They hardly ever lose there.

Well they’re usually on the road past wild card weekend so of course they win against whichever crap team they face.

Deflategate showed Brady he's not on the Billionaire level and basically an employee.

I think he aspires to be at their level and someday own a team.
Actually he is an employee and like many employees in a profitable business, he is making peanuts compared to what he is doing for the owner.

This from Forbes in August 2021:
"But the biggest one-year increase in value belongs to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who are up 29% and whose brand has been reborn with last season’s Super Bowl run. The Bucs have seen a surge in season-ticket and merchandise sales since the arrival of Tom Brady in March 2020 and pushed through significant ticket-price increases for the 2021 season."

BTW before Brady, TB was ranked near the bottom.

29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Value: $2.28 billion

After 1 year of Brady,

21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Value: $2.94 billion​

One-Year Change: 29%​

So Brady has made the TB owners nearly 700 million richer afte 1 year, while he made less than 30 mil. What a steal.

Also the Pat's are the 2nd most valuable franchise at 5 billion. Based on the size of their market, they probably would be around 10th without Brady. Which are the Denver Broncos at 3.75 billion. So he helped make Kraft about 1.25 billion richer too.

Last edited:
I agree. but obviously passer rating, completion %, TD/INT ratio just didn’t matter in 2015. these MVP voters just pick and choose different criteria year by year

Can't have one guy winning all the SBs, SB MVPs and the MVPs. I think in 2016 he should of won and not Ryan despite the 4 games. This year I said it many weeks ago that any reason to not give it to him would be used. There is a 0% chance that if you swap names with Rodgers or any top QB that they do not win MVP with Brady's season. No one wants one guy to win everything it ruins the league. Rodgers is a fairy that plays safe and he can have the MVP. The excuses are going to be pathetic because if Tampa gets out of this windy monsoon this weekend they will be hosting the NFC Championship. Rams or SF will destroy GB.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back