PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

21 of 26 of the Packers offensive touchdowns, over the last seven games, were passing touchdowns via Rodgers.
He appears to be playing for stats when you watch him. It's unreal. Now they are winning so it doesn't matter for now, but we'll see what he does when the game gets dirty and hard in the playoffs. I know you know already though.

He appears to be playing for stats when you watch him. It's unreal. Now they are winning so it doesn't matter for now, but we'll see what he does when the game gets dirty and hard in the playoffs. I know you know already though.

They WILL lose to the 49ers if they get there.

One of the board bozos cites the 2017 postseason with Bortles, Keenum, and Foles in the conference championships. Of course he cites that year like it’s anything close to the norm. But beyond that, all three of those QBs were sent packing the next offseason since the teams themselves realized how lucky they’d gotten.

That year, Philly was also an 11-2 team under Wentz. Foles was just an injury replacement guy. They were basically the 1990 Giants (Simms/Hostetler).

Friends don’t let friends come out of a game that’s cliched until they get their $500,000 bonus for receptions. He had reached a similar bonus for receiving yards earlier in the game. Gronk to Brady: Thanks a million.

In a close MVP battle I would default to the better overall offense and TB scored 61 more points for the season. They also averaged about 40 more yards a game. GB rushed for my yards. The main goal of an offense is to score points so I am not really sure why Rogers would have the advantage over Brady in the media.

Only player the #Bucs are sure about getting back for Sunday's game is LB Lavonte David, Bruce Arians says. He believes Shaquil Barrett, JPP will be back. Not sure about Jamel Dean with the hamstring.

Arians says WR Cyril Grayson's hamstring is not as bad as first thought.

Here we go. Bucs looking good to have Shaquil Barrett, Jason Pierre-Paul and Leonard Fournette back sometime this week. It looks good. Lavonte David’s status will be determined LATER in the week. Cyril Grayson’s hamstring not as bad as first expected.

“Leonard (Fournette) looks great he’s been working good. He should be back. Shaq (Barrett) and JPP should both be back. Lavonte (David), he’ll be the one that’s the closest but he is starting to move around pretty good so we’ll wait and see...

“And you know, I’m still waiting to hear about Jamel Dean. That’s the one that’s got me concerned for this ballgame. But for those who are on IR and have been out, I expect them all to be back. Mayne Lavonte could not.’’

ESPN: "Brady finished the 2021 regular season with 719 passing attempts, 485 completions, 5,316 passing yards and 43 touchdown passes -- all tops in the league -- making him just the third quarterback along with Drew Brees (2018) and Peyton Manning (2013) to lead the league in all four major statistical categories since 1991.

Brady's 485 completions set a new NFL record for a single season, besting Brees' 471 completions in 2016. Brady joined Brees as the only two players in NFL history with multiple 5,000-yard passing seasons.

Brady also broke Brees' all-time record for most career passing yards in his Week 4 return victory over the New England Patriots. He then broke Brees' career completions record while throwing his 700th touchdown pass in a 33-27 overtime victory against the Buffalo Bills."

Snap counts are out for Bucs/Panthers, showing a 27-23 edge for Ke’Shawn Vaughn over Le’Veon Bell at RB. O.J. Howard with one more snap than Darren Fells.

FIvhE4LXIAo39XA

On defense, Bucs were able to pull everyone at the end of the game, with at least five snaps off for all starters.

FIvhetHXwAgJOvY

How to craft a narrative:

The key to getting the graphic all Aaron Rodgers is the 500-pass minimum. Without that qualifier, Tom Brady has a 28/2 season (432 attempts in 2016) and a 36/4 season (492 attempts in 2010) that would be in the top five. Still shows how well Rodgers has dominated TD/INT ratio.

FIvjVifXEAMOUCk

This is wild -- Bucs ranked t-10th in scoring defense last week, and jumped the Cardinals, Titans, Cowboys, Eagles, Packers and Seahawks on Sunday to finish fifth, while still giving up 17 points. Eagles defense dropped from t-8th to 18th in the final week.

Bucs finished second in total scoring, 19 points behind the Cowboys. But Dallas had nine non-offensive TDs, Bucs had only two, so by actual offensive scoring, Bucs led the league -- 61 offensive touchdowns, five more than Bills and Chiefs as next closest teams.

Kind of. Bucs did score the most points and touchdowns in team history, but with the help of a 17th game. In points per game, they finished at 30.1, down from a record 30.8 last year. But in touchdowns, it's a record either way: 3.71 per game this year, breaking 3.69 in 2020.

Can't say enough about how much Rob Gronkowski has helped the Bucs and Tom Brady down the stretch. Bucs' 6-1 record in last seven matches best in NFL, and Gronkowski had 547 receiving yards -- 2nd among NFL tight ends since Week 11 (Mark Andrews 665), ninth most of any player.

And that's with two games where Gronk really struggled -- the two catches on 11 targets vs. Saints, then one catch in first Carolina game. Since his return, his 547 receiving yards is much more than any other Bucs player, next is Evans with 356 in one fewer game.

Bucs' Tom Brady at 44 this year: 5,316 yards, 43 TDs
Every other NFL QB at 44+, ever: 2,023 yards, 15 TDs

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes