PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

It almost makes me mad how easy it is to find a FA receiving back or draft one in the mid rounds. I still have no idea why teams don’t value a smallish running back with good hands who can get open and pick up YAC.

Bell is a good example. He isn’t much of a RB at this stage in his career, but he’s adequate as a pass catcher. Meanwhile teams tend to value a RB who can get you 4.2 ypc rather than 3.9 ypc (Ronald Jones) even if that guy sucks as a receiver.

One area where I think the Patriots zig while the league zags. Not just the Patriots. That’s what I *****ed about for three months last year…the Bucs insistence on gaining tiny advantages with Jones at the cost of all those drops. Glad the Bucs have figured it out, no doubt at Brady’s insistence. Guys like Jones, Blount, etc have value, but they should be used as change of pace and heavy formation backs.

Another reason why Michel and Maroney were terrible picks and a total waste of a 1st rounder.

was looking at all of the different offensive stats earlier like total points, points per drive, DVOA, and the Bucs finished with the #1 DVOA offense. Brady has now led 6 #1 DVOA offenses in his career. Rodgers 3, Manning 2, Brees 0

21 of 26 of the Packers offensive touchdowns, over the last seven games, were passing touchdowns via Rodgers.
nothing new. go look at 2012 and 2016 lol. Rodgers stats rarely match his teams offensive production. even in 2018/2019 when he had a 51-6 TD/INT ratio the Packers finished 14th and 15th in scoring. he's all about his stats

edit: got my TD/INT mixed up

Last edited:
I've made an effort to like Rodgers this year but I can't do it when he's out there with the bye wrapped up throwing on every down including the 1 and taking sacks just to try and win an mvp.
I'll be shocked if Rodgers wins the MVP after the season Brady had.

I know Tomlin doesn't get much respect here but he's a hell of a coach whatever happens. They always compete and then lose to NE but still lol.
Triplin lost my respect when he stepped on the field to block an opponent.
He's a great talker though.
Losing to Brady all the time hasn't helped his image either.

Triplin lost my respect when he stepped on the field to block an opponent.
He's a great talker though.
Losing to Brady all the time hasn't helped his image either.
His record is more important than both those things. If we went by coaches who can get by Brady and make SBs there would be no one on your list.

What a night for the Bucs!

#2 Seed
Brady solidifies his MVP candidature
Saints out of the playoffs
Evans passes 1000 yards/Gronk gets his incentives
And the best news of all came later that night. The Indiots and Ratbirds are both out of the playoffs after losing to crap teams. Deflate that football fans.

Can a person really do that? I'm not sure anyone can.

Seriously, how can any voter look at Brady's season and not vote for him?
I agree with you 100% and if you reverse the names on the seasons Rodgers wins it unanimously.

Rodgers is not Top 10 in completed passes, attempts, 10th in yards, and 4th in TD’s.

The only reason he’s in contention is because the Packers are the #1 seed. All things being equal, with the same stats and the Packers at 10-7 or 9-8, he wouldn’t be in the conversation.

Just a reminder that the Cardinals were inside the 5 and Murray threw a pick with 30 seconds left, the Bengals missed 2 game winning FG’s, the Ravens missed a game winning 2-point conversion, the Browns lost on a terrible non-call, while down 2, a call that would have given them a FG for the win.

They’ve had almost miraculous luck the entire year. Had Rodgers driven them for the win in those games, sure, give him credit but he gets the credit for the errors of other teams.

Brady has 5-game winning drives, Rodgers has 2, while having the same record. The defense let Washington spend the last 11 minutes of the game, not even getting the ball for a potential game win drive.

On top of that, Brady has fewer bad/turnover worthy throws than Rodgers, but because Fournette and co. can’t hold to a ball and CB’s drop Rodgers bad throws one would think that Brady plays some Favre-like gunslinger football and Rodgers fondles the ball like a baby.

Arians is right. It’s an absolute travesty that this is a contest.

Can a person really do that? I'm not sure anyone can.

Seriously, how can any voter look at Brady's season and not vote for him?
Rodgers is overwhelming favorite in Vegas odds

Using the Rodgers logic, Brady should have won MVP in 2016 when he had a 28-2 TD/Int ratio.

Rodgers is not Top 10 in completed passes, attempts, 10th in yards, and 4th in TD’s.

The only reason he’s in contention is because the Packers are the #1 seed. All things being equal, with the same stats and the Packers at 10-7 or 9-8, he wouldn’t be in the conversation.

Just a reminder that the Cardinals were inside the 5 and Murray threw a pick with 30 seconds left, the Bengals missed 2 game winning FG’s, the Ravens missed a game winning 2-point conversion, the Browns lost on a terrible non-call, while down 2, a call that would have given them a FG for the win.

They’ve had almost miraculous luck the entire year. Had Rodgers driven them for the win in those games, sure, give him credit but he gets the credit for the errors of other teams.

Brady has 5-game winning drives, Rodgers has 2, while having the same record. The defense let Washington spend the last 11 minutes of the game, not even getting the ball for a potential game win drive.

On top of that, Brady has fewer bad/turnover worthy throws than Rodgers, but because Fournette and co. can’t hold to a ball and CB’s drop Rodgers bad throws one would think that Brady plays some Favre-like gunslinger football and Rodgers fondles the ball like a baby.

Arians is right. It’s an absolute travesty that this is a contest.
I don't think many of those 50 media MVP voters look at the stats and the context that deeply. Otherwise Manning would have only won 3 MVP at most.

There is no criteria they have to follow. It's a popularity contest and the vote follows the narrative created by who? The media themselves. So of course the media will vote for their own creation.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back