PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Cool thing with Mike Evans -- his streak of eight 1,000-yard seasons is the most by any player to start his NFL career, but it's now also tied as the third-longest 1,000-yard streak by any receiver at any point in their career. Jerry Rice did it 11 straight years, Tim Brown nine.

Bucs finished with 47 sacks in 2021, down just one from 48 in 2020. That's impressive, considering they got a combined 11 fewer from Jason Pierre-Paul and Devin White. Improved depth at OLB helped -- Anthony Nelson had five, Joe Tryon-Shoyinka four, Cam Gill 1.5.

Final NFL rankings for Bucs' offense in 2021: 2nd in scoring, 2nd in total offense (both behind Cowboys), 1st in passing, 26th in rushing, 1st in sack % allowed, 5th in interception %, second on third down, second in red zone.

Final NFL rankings for Bucs' defense in 2021: 5th in scoring, 13th in total defense, 3rd vs. run, 21st vs. pass, 12th in sack %, 11th in interception %, 12th on third downs, 10th in red zone.

So here are the non-division records for each NFL division in 2021:
NFC West: 28-16
AFC West: 26-18
AFC North: 23-20-1
NFC South: 22-22
AFC East: 22-22
NFC East: 20-24
NFC North: 18-25-1
AFC South: 16-28

"He can play better. I think he'd be the first to tell you," Arians says of Devin White totaling just 10 tackles in last three games, struggling more with Lavonte David out.

"If we have Tom and we have the o-line, we have a chance," Arians says of the Bucs having the lowest sack percentage (3.15 percent) of any team in the league, saying the health and continuity on the line has been crucial.

We do. Bucs have their six division games in 2022, plus:
-NFC West: Rams, Seahawks home; at 49ers, Cards
-AFC North: Bengals, Ravens home; at Browns, Steelers
-three division champs: Packers, Chiefs at home, Cowboys on the road

Bernard was running on the side last week, and is another who could return to practice this week. Bell playing well makes there a little less urgency there, but they could use him.

Looking at the Packers a bit further they should get their pro browl LT back, Alexander (was best CB in football when he went down) and Smith back at LB. I think Cobb will be ready to go as well. They will basically be 100% healthy for the playoffs. There are no excuses Rodgers. You have homefield and your full team with one of the best defenses in football. They better pray the cowboys can beat SF because it will be so fun to watch them lose in divisional round otherwise.

I asked Arians about the team's profusion of hamstring injuries: "We've got one of the best sports-science programs in the league. That stuff just happens. Cyril's a track guy, he's warmed up and everything and it just takes one little slip and you tweak it."

Looking at the Packers a bit further they should get their pro browl LT back, Alexander (was best CB in football when he went down) and Smith back at LB. I think Cobb will be ready to go as well. They will basically be 100% healthy for the playoffs. There are no excuses Rodgers. You have homefield and your full team with one of the best defenses in football. They better pray the cowboys can beat SF because it will be so fun to watch them lose in divisional round otherwise.Umm
Umm You must not talk to packer fans. There is always an excuse for Rodgers.

Arians on Black Monday: "If you're .500 anymore, you're getting your ass fired quick. .500, you used to keep your job for a while."

Arians on #Eagles rookie WR DeVonta Smith: "will be a tough cover because when you get so wound up in the running game, you cannot forget about him or he'll strike quick on you."

If Fournette's back, the Bucs basically have a Patriots RB situation.

RB1 - Fournette
RB2 - Jones
3dRB - Bell
3dRB - Bernard

Bonus a/k/a special teamer + RB - Vaughn

It almost makes me mad how easy it is to find a FA receiving back or draft one in the mid rounds. I still have no idea why teams don’t value a smallish running back with good hands who can get open and pick up YAC.

Bell is a good example. He isn’t much of a RB at this stage in his career, but he’s adequate as a pass catcher. Meanwhile teams tend to value a RB who can get you 4.2 ypc rather than 3.9 ypc (Ronald Jones) even if that guy sucks as a receiver.

One area where I think the Patriots zig while the league zags. Not just the Patriots. That’s what I *****ed about for three months last year…the Bucs insistence on gaining tiny advantages with Jones at the cost of all those drops. Glad the Bucs have figured it out, no doubt at Brady’s insistence. Guys like Jones, Blount, etc have value, but they should be used as change of pace and heavy formation backs.

Sounds weird but I reckon Brady seems weirdly rejuvenated by throwing and gaining chemistry with guys like Johnson, Perryman and Grayson.

listening to him at times during the season he sounded like he was going through the motions a bit.
Listening to him on the podcast with Jim
Gray the past couple of weeks he seemed rejuvenated.

not saying they’re going to win the SB not even saying they’re def going to beat the eagles but he sounds so chirpy.

Sounds weird but I reckon Brady seems weirdly rejuvenated by throwing and gaining chemistry with guys like Johnson, Perryman and Grayson.

listening to him at times during the season he sounded like he was going through the motions a bit.
Listening to him on the podcast with Jim
Gray the past couple of weeks he seemed rejuvenated.

not saying they’re going to win the SB not even saying they’re def going to beat the eagles but he sounds so chirpy.

I do think ”us against the world” and “no respect” are key things he embraces. And everyone is writing off Tampa Bay and again circle jerking to the Chiefs and Packers. Same as last year and basically every other year.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back