PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

See it's this kind of thing that makes people want to troll you guys. A lot of you guys want to give Brady all the credit for everything, and chirp up as soon as the pats lose a game. Where was this talk in the last two months? I guess I was naive to think we were past all of this. Face it, some of you guys are anti-Bill and want to see him fail - Patriots be damned.
This post belongs in the Belichick Appreciation thread.

See it's this kind of thing that makes people want to troll you guys. A lot of you guys want to give Brady all the credit for everything, and chirp up as soon as the pats lose a game. Where was this talk in the last two months? I guess I was naive to think we were past all of this. Face it, some of you guys are anti-Bill and want to see him fail - Patriots be damned.
Let me ask you a question. If Brady were still here would the Pats be better off?

I don't know why you can't take Bill at his word. "It's a player's game."

The next time that this Pats fan pays to see a coach coach or an owner own, will be the first and last time.

Don’t forget that people were mad that Brady didn’t put too much effort into trying to work with Gunner either. Because as it turns out he sucks massively as a receiver too. Meyers is the only one who ended up being good.

Who is chirping? This is straight from the head coach of this team himself. If you’re disagreeing with one of the all time great head coaches in sports then have at it.

I was only saying I think Brady would be great with another team if he was given the chance. Knowing what we know about him there’s no reason to think he couldn’t be. Before Brady became starter the Pats went 5-11 and then started 0-2. They were not on a good path at the time, the coach was despised by a lot of people and it’s more than fair to wonder how long Kraft would have tolerated it.

And zero people on this forum want to see Bill fail.

Who is chirping? This is straight from the head coach of this team himself. If you’re disagreeing with one of the all time great head coaches in sports then have at it.

I was only saying I think Brady would be great with another team if he was given the chance. Knowing what we know about him there’s no reason to think he couldn’t be. Before Brady became starter the Pats went 5-11 and then started 0-2. They were not on a good path at the time, the coach was despised by a lot of people and it’s more than fair to wonder how long Kraft would have tolerated it.

And zero people on this forum want to see Bill fail.

Of course Belichick wouldn’t have the same level of success without Brady. It was a preposterous question by the reporter. Every great head coach had a great quarterback. Every great quarterback had a great head coach early on in their careers. It’s a symbiotic relationship.

Let me ask you a question. If Brady were still here would the Pats be better off?

I don't know why you can't take Bill at his word. "It's a player's game."

The next time that this Pats fan pays to see a coach coach or an owner own, will be the first and last time.
Of course it’s a players game. Coaches plan and players execute. A well laid plan is nothing if it’s not followed through. Thats all BB meant by that. He’s not suggesting that the players can do it all themselves.

And to answer your question, yes if we still had the GOAT, of course we’d be better off. Unfortunately it was not to be. They tolerated each other as long as they could do build something great, but ultimately they wanted to prove themselves on their own. Brady would not be happy here on a rebuilding team at this stage of his career.

“Don't cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened”.

Sure. It's all us Brady fans stoking the flames except for after a Bucs loss with this thread floods with Team Bill posters gloating all over the place.

Sure. It's all us Brady fans stoking the flames except for after a Bucs loss with this thread floods with Team Bill posters gloating all over the place.
No doubt there’s a few posters trolling this thread. I’m guessing theyre triggered by the anti-Bill stuff and want to rub it in any chance they get. Not saying it’s right. I wish that would stop too. Brady gave all of us an immense amount of pride and happiness and deserves nothing but gratitude from all of us.

No doubt there’s a few posters trolling this thread. I’m guessing theyre triggered by the anti-Bill stuff and want to rub it in any chance they get. Not saying it’s right. I wish that would stop too. Brady will always be the best Patriot of all time, bar none.
I am not on the main board all that much but from the threads I have read, I really do not see much anti-Bill stuff anymore. I know there is an occasional post here and there from a few posters but otherwise it seems fine. I know for me personally, Brady winning the SB last year helped to ease the frustrations of Bill letting him go along with the Pats success this year. I think we all needed to see a positive transition on both sides so we could move on. Hopefully that continues but as long as Brady is still playing, I think there will always be some angst back and forth. Human nature.

Brady needed Bill as much as Bill needed Brady.

Yeah, last year really proved that to be the case.

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

No doubt there’s a few posters trolling this thread. I’m guessing theyre triggered by the anti-Bill stuff and want to rub it in any chance they get. Not saying it’s right. I wish that would stop too. Brady gave all of us an immense amount of pride and happiness and deserves nothing but gratitude from all of us.

They got the Brady stuff taken off the main forum, and forced this into exile. If they're so pathetic that they feel the need to come to here and troll even after they ghettoized the place, they should be banned from being able to access this forum.

It's not that difficult. It's common sense.

Brady needed Bill as much as Bill needed Brady.

Brady needs Bill OR he needs a bunch of weapons like he has in Tampa...there is zero chance that Brady would have won any super bowls here in NE with Arians as the HC and Branch, Brown, Johnson, etc. as his receivers. Put it another way, if the Pats and Bucs swapped receivers last year, Brady would be out of a playoff spot.

Last edited:
Every day around this time I’m waiting for a new injury report about how some player is actually far more hurt and is out forever.

It’s the second straight game that Winfield will miss with a concussion. The Bucs will also be without linebacker Lavonte David on defense as he was placed on injured reserve with a foot injury earlier this week.

Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul may also be missing on defense. He’s considered doubtful with a shoulder injury. Cornerbacks Jamel Dean (illness) and Richard Sherman (Achilles) are both questionable.

Antoine Winfield, Mike Evans ruled out for Bucs - ProFootballTalk

Brady needs Bill OR he needs a bunch of weapons like he has in Tampa...there is zero chance that Brady would have won any super bowls here in NE with Arians as the HC and Branch, Brown, Johnson, etc. as his receivers. Put it another way, if the Pats and Bucs swapped receivers last year, Brady would be out of a playoff spot.

If my aunt had balls, she'd teabag you.

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Despite another year of COVID, there is much to be thankful for and this thread is certainly one of those things. I appreciate discussing not only Tampa Bay but all things football with all of you.

Go Pats and go Bucs this weekend!

They should have enough to beat the Panthers if they keep Brady clean.
With all the injuries both on offense and defense, I don't think any of the final games will be easy.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back