PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I have been over on the Saints forum as it has been fun reading their threads on losing Brees and Payton in back to back seasons. I came across this little gem. Pretty funny if true. Not a bad little comp to come back.

So, my dude from HS who lives in Tampa says the dealership he works at has one of twelve all electric Hummers made. It is allegedly from the Bucs to Brady for him to stay. Take it for what it's worth.

I wonder how Brady will view working directly with Arians vs. through Leftwich, just in terms of personality match. If Arians were smart he would just let Brady determine the plan but who knows if Brady even views that as a positive (he historically has wanted strong coaching, but just more input than he was getting later on with McDaniels/Belichick).

If Brady comes back the Bucs can easily pursue a Rams/Saints pathway to reload while mortgaging the future. That means resigning Godwin with void years, bringing back Gronk, bringing back Fournette, and likely adding another reliable weapon while spending draft capital on the secondary / pass rush. Could probably also do some gymnastics to add veteran help for the pass rush / third CB (Murphy-Bunting is horrible and the weak link that blows up the coverage). I'd imagine the Saints would be sellers this offseason - could be shedding a number of veteran players.

Division and Conference will be wide open with Rodgers and Payton moving on, Niners in rebuilding with Trey Lance on training wheels. Just a three team race between the Bucs, Rams, Cowboys with Cardinals and Seahawks as outside contenders but highly flawed rosters.

I have been over on the Saints forum as it has been fun reading their threads on losing Brees and Payton in back to back seasons. I came across this little gem. Pretty funny if true. Not a bad little comp to come back.

So, my dude from HS who lives in Tampa says the dealership he works at has one of twelve all electric Hummers made. It is allegedly from the Bucs to Brady for him to stay. Take it for what it's worth.
They should've signed Tom in the first place. Maybe Payton would still be there too

They should've signed Tom in the first place. Maybe Payton would still be there too
Yeah. I go back and forth between the Saints, Niners and Titans being the biggest losers in the Brady sweepstakes.

Yeah. I go back and forth between the Saints, Niners and Titans being the biggest losers in the Brady sweepstakes.
I think if the Niners do not win the Superbowl this year they be the biggest lovers. Since they gave up all those first rounders for Lance.

Not a good thing. Facing wimpy competition does not hone game winning skills and facilitates not preparing hard enough.
2022 schedule outside division is brutal.

Brady would have won with the Saints but their current cap disaster would make it basically impossible for him to be on a talented team next year.

2022 schedule outside division is brutal.

Oh no the NFC West with an overrated Cards team, a Seahawks team with no Wilson, a 49ers team with an FCS QB, and yeah the Rams are elite.

Then the AFC North with a Pittsburgh with no QB, a fraud Browns team, a fraud Ravens team, and a possibly elite Bengals team.

Then the Chiefs which yep tough. In Tampa though. The Packers with no Rodgers. And I guess the Cowboys? Oh no.

The schedule is fine.

I wonder how Brady will view working directly with Arians vs. through Leftwich, just in terms of personality match. If Arians were smart he would just let Brady determine the plan but who knows if Brady even views that as a positive (he historically has wanted strong coaching, but just more input than he was getting later on with McDaniels/Belichick).

If Brady comes back the Bucs can easily pursue a Rams/Saints pathway to reload while mortgaging the future. That means resigning Godwin with void years, bringing back Gronk, bringing back Fournette, and likely adding another reliable weapon while spending draft capital on the secondary / pass rush. Could probably also do some gymnastics to add veteran help for the pass rush / third CB (Murphy-Bunting is horrible and the weak link that blows up the coverage). I'd imagine the Saints would be sellers this offseason - could be shedding a number of veteran players.

Division and Conference will be wide open with Rodgers and Payton moving on, Niners in rebuilding with Trey Lance on training wheels. Just a three team race between the Bucs, Rams, Cowboys with Cardinals and Seahawks as outside contenders but highly flawed rosters.
Arians calling the plays and working directly with Brady would be a disaster.

I don't know what Bill O Brian did the last year, but if he is available they should get him as OC.

Oh no the NFC West with an overrated Cards team, a Seahawks team with no Wilson, a 49ers team with an FCS QB, and yeah the Rams are elite.

Then the AFC North with a Pittsburgh with no QB, a fraud Browns team, a fraud Ravens team, and a possibly elite Bengals team.

Then the Chiefs which yep tough. In Tampa though. The Packers with no Rodgers. And I guess the Cowboys? Oh no.

The schedule is fine.
Not as tough as it looks.

Murray and Lamar has already peaked as QB. They re not going to reach Mahomes height.

Most of those teams are gong to be worse in 2022 than 2021.

The schedule is fine.
I see another 13-4 if Brady comes back. Your annual Saints loss, a WTF loss, and two to one of those elite teams

The schedule is fine.
Where did you get all this information on Wilson, 9ers, Rodgers? Ravens were ravaged by injuries way worse than the Bucs. Bucs lost to WFT. The SOS of the non-division teams is .600

There's nothing to say those teams can't get better next season or Bucs get worse. There's no given in the NFL.

This talk is just noise. I say 90% Brady comes back in 2022. That's close to a lock.

And if and when that happens the Bucs will get the band back together and win it all again assuming they have better luck with injuries.

This talk is just noise. I say 90% Brady comes back in 2022. That's close to a lock.

And if and when that happens the Bucs will get the band back together and win it all again assuming they have better luck with injuries.
Well Vegas does agree with you

Not according to Vegas and most odds makers...here are the current odds:

Will Tom Brady Retire At The End Of 2022-23 NFL Season?​

• Yes -400
  • No +250
The -400 moneyline for Brady retiring after next season intrinsically converts to an 80% chance of occurring and will require a wager of $4 just to net a payout of one dollar.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back