PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Not according to Vegas and most odds makers...here are the current odds:

Will Tom Brady Retire At The End Of 2022-23 NFL Season?​

• Yes -400
  • No +250
The -400 moneyline for Brady retiring after next season intrinsically converts to an 80% chance of occurring and will require a wager of $4 just to net a payout of one dollar.

thats after next season. Meaning back for one more year.

• Yes -400
  • No +250
The -400 moneyline for Brady retiring after next season intrinsically converts to an 80% chance of occurring and will require a wager of $4 just to net a payout of one dollar.
Thanks.

• Yes -400
  • No +250
That's a $400 bet to win $100. I can't see how anyone could be that confident.

Knowing him like we know him.. no way. Unless Gisele gave him an ultimatum - I can't see him leaving now.

Edit: Oh I didn't notice that bet is actually on Brady retiring at the end of the 2022 season. That's totally different. Then I can see people being confident about that. Right now - no way.

Interesting, just seeing that...wonder why they didn't include next year...lol
I think because they believe it is more likely he retires after next season. He has said he wants to play to age 45 for like 7 years now.

This is for next season: 66% odds he plays, 33% he retires.....hope Giselle doesn't see this. lol

Latest Tom Brady Retirement Odds & Props​

There are a few major betting markets out there trying to answer the question “Will Tom Brady retire?” We’ve collected the best Tom Brady prop bets for you here:

Will Tom Brady Play Week 1 Of The 2022-23 Regular Season?

Yes-300
No+200
Odds as of January 26 at Bovada

According to our Odds Calculator, these +200 “No” odds imply a 33.33 percent chance that Tom Brady does not play Week 1 next season. We’ve heard Brady retirement rumblings forever and there’s always a chance he finally steps away, but these Tom Brady offseason odds seem to indicate there’s a real chance he’s played his last NFL game.

That's a $400 bet to win $100. I can't see how anyone could be that confident.

Knowing him like we know him.. no way. Unless Gisele gave him an ultimatum - I can't see him leaving now.

Edit: Oh I didn't notice that bet is actually on Brady retiring at the end of the 2022 season. That's totally different. Then I can see people being confident about that. Right now - no way.
Yeah SB, that was the wrong year, I posted the updated odds for next year....I think at this point, TB doesn't know what he's going to do, so impossible to know for sure at this point.....

Reactions: sb1
This is for next season: 66% odds he plays, 33% he retires.....hope Giselle doesn't see this. lol

There are a few major betting markets out there trying to answer the question “Will Tom Brady retire?” We’ve collected the best Tom Brady prop bets for you here:

Yes-300
No+200

According to our Odds Calculator, these +200 “No” odds imply a 33.33 percent chance that Tom Brady does not play Week 1 next season. We’ve heard Brady retirement rumblings forever and there’s always a chance he finally steps away, but these Tom Brady offseason odds seem to indicate there’s a real chance he’s played his last NFL game.
That's fascinating. I would have thought it would have been the opposite.

I do wonder if this retirement talk is more about seeing what Tampa will do to surround him with a champ caliber team.

Yes-300
No+200

Heh I guess if Brady is hurt in preseason or something like that then No wins even if it's not a retirement.

That's fascinating. I would have thought it would have been the opposite.

I do wonder if this retirement talk is more about seeing what Tampa will do to surround him with a champ caliber team.
Maybe the TB12 post after the loss was encouraging of him coming back.

This is a really powerful conversation between Cowherd and Nick Wright on Brady's retirement and his family concerns. I found myself agreeing completely with Wright. Would be interested to see what others think. The Brady portion starts at the 5:25 minute mark.

No way Brady retires with Ben and both get inducted into HOF at the same time. Brady will retire next year with Gronk and get inducted together.

This is a really powerful conversation between Cowherd and Nick Wright on Brady's retirement and his family concerns. I found myself agreeing completely with Wright. Would be interested to see what others think. The Brady portion starts at the 5:25 minute mark.

You're trying to get us to listen to Nick Wright?

What the hell did we ever do to you that was so bad as to deserve that?

You're trying to get us to listen to Nick Wright?

What the hell did we ever do to you that was so bad as to deserve that?
Lol. I know. But he is very different when he goes on with Colin.

No way Brady retires with Ben and both get inducted into HOF at the same time. Brady will retire next year with Gronk and get inducted together.

It would be cute...big brother and little brother getting in at the same time.

But seriously, Big Ben shouldn't be a slam dunk first-ballot Hall of Fame guy. I'd vote for him, but it's not like he's this no-brainer as the media has painted him to be for many years. 18 seasons, 6 pro bowls, zero all pros, zero times he's even been considered an MVP candidate (zero MVP votes), peaked out at #18 on NFL Top 100 voted by players. After that Steelers defense disbanded, he was 3-7 in the playoffs including 1-and-done 5 out of 7 times. In three SBs, he had 3 TDs, 5 INTs. He had exceptional talent all around him his whole career.

I think he belongs in the Hall...he was a great player, just below the elite category and almost in his own tier because he was definitely better than your typical "great, except he's not elite" guy. He was able to carry a team to divisional crowns and could carry them on any given day, but he wasn't able to elevate a team to the next level because other QBs were better.

But I think he should serve as "the line" - anyone better than him is a Hall of Famer, and anyone worse than him shouldn't get in if it were really about only the very best.

It would be cute...big brother and little brother getting in at the same time.

But seriously, Big Ben shouldn't be a slam dunk first-ballot Hall of Fame guy. I'd vote for him, but it's not like he's this no-brainer as the media has painted him to be for many years. 18 seasons, 6 pro bowls, zero all pros, zero times he's even been considered an MVP candidate (zero MVP votes), peaked out at #18 on NFL Top 100 voted by players. After that Steelers defense disbanded, he was 3-7 in the playoffs including 1-and-done 5 out of 7 times. In three SBs, he had 3 TDs, 5 INTs. He had exceptional talent all around him his whole career.

I think he belongs in the Hall...he was a great player, just below the elite category and almost in his own tier because he was definitely better than your typical "great, except he's not elite" guy. He was able to carry a team to divisional crowns and could carry them on any given day, but he wasn't able to elevate a team to the next level because other QBs were better.

But I think he should serve as "the line" - anyone better than him is a Hall of Famer, and anyone worse than him shouldn't get in if it were really about only the very best.

I've got Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, and Rodgers as first ballot locks. Roethlisberger was clearly QB3, behind Brady and Peyton, but that's not really anything to be keeping him out of the HOF over, IMO. To me, the battle is over Rivers and Eli. If one gets in, you can't really justify keeping the other out. Rivers was clearly the better overall QB, but Eli had those two SB-winning runs.

But that's just my $.02

Brady would have won with the Saints but their current cap disaster would make it basically impossible for him to be on a talented team next year.

He would’ve retired coming off a guaranteed back to back rings

I've got Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, and Rodgers as first ballot locks. Roethlisberger was clearly QB3, behind Brady and Peyton, but that's not really anything to be keeping him out of the HOF over, IMO. To me, the battle is over Rivers and Eli. If one gets in, you can't really justify keeping the other out. Rivers was clearly the better overall QB, but Eli had those two SB-winning runs.

But that's just my $.02

We don’t really disagree on much. I guess Ben would be “first ballot” in my book as well, as I think a player is either worthy or not worthy, and the first ballot stuff is nonsense. But I meant by that I think he’s a closer to the “not Hall worthy” line than has been the general thinking. He’s worthy, but on list of Hall QBs would be ranked well below the midpoint, which usually leads to at least a healthy discussion.

I think Eli is simply an outlier. It isn’t a question of where he ranks among his peers. It’s a question of how much weight you put on the two championships and two historically clutch (or lucky) drives. He’s a .500 QB with an 0-4 playoff record, if you remove those eight games. In those eight games, there’s a large element of luck as the offense wasn’t great either. That’s not to say he isn’t clutch or doesn’t belong. It’s just a strange situation.

Rivers is the big question, I think. I don’t know if being top 10 all-time in a bunch of counting stats is really enough. We’re going to see guys fly past him as the years go on. He really is a case of “Hall of Very Good.” How much better/more worthy is Rivers than Ryan? Stafford could pass him very quickly. Things could look different in a few years when you compare him to other guys who have caught up to him in longevity.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back