PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is the same issues that were cropping up the past few years are showing still. Just enough off the mark passes that are incompletions or picks. Those get covered up by some oh wow passes that he can still make and will make. He still is Tom Brady after all, he can make some of these same throws when he is 60. Problem is, the smaller stuff. The detail stuff that separates the GOAT performances versus the average to good QB performances. That is what is starting to go and no amount of talent will be able to overcome that. There is nothing wrong with saying he isn't what he once was and the trends are starting to become clearer.
That plus what is it going to be like in late November when he's thrown 1000 passes and his arm is acting up. That's where the real problems are likely to crop up.

I make zero conclusions about Brady, Gronk, or the Bucs when they're playing the best team in the NFC in preseason game 1. Just like I make zero conclusions about Harry's lame fumble at the 1 earlier. Talk to me around game 9(if the NFL makes it that long) and we'll see where we are at.

I don’t think Brady played that bad overall. He made 2 mistakes that unfortunately cost the Bucs 14 points. I don’t think he will throw pick 6 every game. He was spot on on his deep throws. The first one to Goodwin was great and without the 2 PI on Evans who would have probably caught both passes Brady would have had a 300+ yards game. Evans was injured a bit this week and was a game time decision. I’m not surprised he was not involved much. As for Gronk, is not the Gronk of 5 years ago but after one year off, I’ll let him get his game shape back.

The bucs D play great overall but they also cost the bucs points with there undisciplined. The offside on 4 & 2 was a killer. There was also an unecessary PI inside the 5 where Brees throw into double coverage.

As for the patriots, we beat a crappy team in Miami that looked completely unprepared. In my opinion, the Cam show is not sustainable over 16 games. For one because based on his history, he will get injured at some point. And two, if we go against a team that can stop the run and force Cam to throw we are in deep trouble. We must develop a passing game at some point and I don’t think we can.

I make zero conclusions about Brady, Gronk, or the Bucs when they're playing the best team in the NFC in preseason game 1. Just like I make zero conclusions about Harry's lame fumble at the 1 earlier. Talk to me around game 9(if the NFL makes it that long) and we'll see where we are at.

Yeah, if it was all about week one, the Washington Redskins and Jacksonville Jaguars would be playoff teams, and the Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers would be in a tiebreaker, with other teams, for the #1 overall pick.

A funny thing happened on the way to the Super Bowl...stop me if you've heard this one before.

Zona tames the 49ers...that dreaded Washington *team* defeats the Egos of Filthadelphia.

In the immortal words of Rumblin Bumblin Fumblin Stumblin Chris Berman: "That's why they play the game."

It's probably ok to lose to New Orleans on opening day in a new team but the INTs were brutal and Gronk just didn't seem to be there yet.

I felt pretty bad for Tom. I totally get hating your boss but I don't think Tom is the sort of person who will ultimately feel great having left somewhere that he felt unappreciated and under-supported to go somewhere and deal with that level of incompetence.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
It's probably ok to lose to New Orleans on opening day in a new team but the INTs were brutal and Gronk just didn't seem to be there yet.

I felt pretty bad for Tom. I totally get hating your boss but I don't think Tom is the sort of person who will ultimately feel great having left somewhere that he felt unappreciated and under-supported to go somewhere and deal with that level of incompetence.

The first INT is more like Brady thought Evans would continue his route. The second one started to appear 2-3 years ago. Ialways hated this kind of throw where the throw has to be perfect. Otherwise if the db jump the route, you are screwed. It is the same kind of throw than the pick in the super bowl in 2018.

Tom is going to regret spending the last few years of his career outside New England.

A guy that competitive, that driven, doesn't spend 20 years working under a coach with a matching mentality, only to leave, go to a "player's coach", and tolerate the sloppiness, lack of attention to detail, etc.

I don't know if he is going to regret it because from all the interviews that is not how he approaches things in general.

But going from the most detail oriented coach -- who e.g. worries how the roof closing during kickoff will affect the kick in a SB -- to Bruce "Paint Drinker" Arians will at some point get under his skin. Like you are saying... those undisciplined penalties or ST mishaps will not be a one time thing but are a reoccurring theme for Arians' teams.

Tom has been forcing some bad throws, he did the same mistakes few times in NE, just really bad picks.

Obviously it’s just week one, the more time he has with his receivers the better he will get, I felt like a lot of throws he wasn’t in sync. Evans not being 100% is also an issue.
Gronk for the most part was non factor today, of course they were playing a super bowl contender team so I didn’t expect them to win this game, the saints are just that good overall.

I agree with @Deus Irae. Pats being 2-2 after 4 games is realistic. I think 3-1 is possible. I would hope that our 7 DBs with 1 LB will play well against the mobile QBs like Mahomes and Wilson, but maybe it is too early and the Pats will fall on their faces. Have to wait and see, Williams played well so that is encouraging - I thought Chung had slipped a bit last year. I am not a Brooks fan so hopefully Dugger can play more. I think our D can give the Seahawks and Chiefs a tough time. The O was not on the same page with at least a half dozen plays - hopefully we can iron that out but probably not in time for the Seahawks.

I think both the Seahawks and KC will come too early for this team right now. That being said if everything develops well and we avoid injuries we have the pieces to challenge them in a potential playoff game / SB in January. Especially if we can keep controlling the game clock like we did against the Dolphins.

Going into the BYE 3-2 would feel damn good this year.

I can say this easy. Tampa will not be anything like 07 pats. No team will be that crazy ever again. It’s like trying to compare a steam roller to a dump truck

The first INT is more like Brady thought Evans would continue his route. The second one started to appear 2-3 years ago. Ialways hated this kind of throw where the throw has to be perfect. Otherwise if the db jump the route, you are screwed. It is the same kind of throw than the pick in the super bowl in 2018.

Oh, ffs. Let’s not sugarcoat it. Most NFL QBs can make that throw easily. Arians was right; he made a bad decision. He stared at Watson even before the snap. And Jenkins read that. As for the other pick, Evans read the coverage right and Brady read it wrong.

It’s one game, so I don’t take much from it either.

But going from the most detail oriented coach -- who e.g. worries how the roof closing during kickoff will affect the kick in a SB -- to Bruce "Paint Drinker" Arians will at some point get under his skin. Like you are saying... those undisciplined penalties or ST mishaps will not be a one time thing but are a reoccurring theme for Arians' teams.

“Some point” is now. Arians threw him under the bus in his PC. That didn’t happen in NE.

I took much more joy in the Tampa loss than I expected. I didn't tune in until the second half, and my son and I laughed heartily at the pick 6. I know it's only one game, but it sure felt like the train keeps rolln' here in Foxboro.

I'm a Patriots fan, nitwit...WTF do I care what Brady "looked like"? Idiot. Go back to your poli-sewer threads and play "Who's The Most Moronic "M.I.T." graduate in the United States" with your buddy Numbcuck

Right.....but garoppolo matters.....relax, sporto

“Some point” is now. Arians threw him under the bus in his PC. That didn’t happen in NE.

I don't think we are close to the point where Arians actually got under Brady's skin. Tom had to know what he signed up for when he joined the Bucs when it comes to Arians' outspokenness.

But if the defense keeps giving away free fourth down conversions and their ST don't tighten it up at some point Brady's magnanimous approach will be more challenging to pull off. Especially if Arians continues to be so open about criticism.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick