PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the me massacred the Steelers at the start of last year.

We should honestly just wait to see where he is at week 8. It’s a new team there were going to be growing pains. With this talent he doesn’t have an excuse if he doesn’t eventually get it together this year

I was more talking about Gronk in the first part. I think Brady will get it together, but I think alot of people were expecting 2007 brady with this offense and he looks pretty similar to his last couple years in New England. the OL is horrible and is going to get brady killed.

Gronk might be done, he just looked slow. even when he ran pass routes he wasnt open. just like in his last year when guys could single cover him. still a great blocker though. Guessing he will just be used sparingly in the redzone and to block

garoppolo didn’t look as bad as Brady ..... sit yourself down
I'm a Patriots fan, nitwit...WTF do I care what Brady "looked like"? Idiot. Go back to your poli-sewer threads and play "Who's The Most Moronic "M.I.T." graduate in the United States" with your buddy Numbcuck

I was more talking about Gronk in the first part. I think Brady will get it together, but I think alot of people were expecting 2007 brady with this offense and he looks pretty similar to his last couple years in New England. the OL is horrible and is going to get brady killed.

Gronk might be done, he just looked slow. even when he ran pass routes he wasnt open. just like in his last year when guys could single cover him. still a great blocker though. Guessing he will just be used sparingly in the redzone and to block
Arians was hard on Brady and I really think he wasn't giving credit to the Saints D. That first int I thought Evans stopped short of where TB thought he was going. The second one was a great play by the Saints defender. Brady will get better I think but I think Gronk is cooked. Maybe no preseason doesn't help the older guys like some thought.

I get the impression that based on what Arians said and the tactic he took that Brady has been uncoachable to this point and Arians is hoping to let a bit of air out of his head so he'll actually start listening rather than acting like he's Coach, GM, team surgeon and God all rolled into one. You don't call a guy like this out unless you don't think you have a choice.

I get the impression that based on what Arians said and the tactic he took that Brady has been uncoachable to this point and Arians is hoping to let a bit of air out of his head so he'll actually start listening rather than acting like he's Coach, GM, team surgeon and God all rolled into one. You don't call a guy like this out unless you don't think you have a choice.
No, Arians is just an egomaniacal, self-proclaimed genius. He has a long history of doing this. I expected it sooner or later with Brady; I just didn’t expect it would be after week one.

Look back to game 1 with Jimmy G in 2016 when he was with Arizona. Arians took no responsibility and blamed the players for the team being completely unprepared.

I'm not saying Gronk is done. I'm not saying Gronk is not done. I'm just saying that Gronk missed a full season, and is working into a new system.

People really need to avoid making judgments based upon week one of this season.

Gotcrappolo took it on the chin today...better off with Jacoby Brissett:haha::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Arizona shut down kittle in the second half and without Samuel, jimmy g had no one to throw to!

No Arians has a history of this and has been criticized for having loose lips with the media when it comes to players. Now Brady can decide how he reacts.

Remember, a big issue Brady had with Bill was feeling like he was left to hang out to dry with deflategate. He didn’t like being put on the spot in public.

Arizona shut down kittle in the second half and without Samuel, jimmy g had no one to throw to!
Jimmy also nearly got Kittle murdered today with a dumb throw so....

Yes. It's strange, he can still make some super accurate passes. But each year I see more passes per game that simply get away from him by a good 5 feet (on short to intermediate routes).

That’s age. Your body doesn’t follow through on what your mind is telling it to do as consistently. I noticed it with him a few years ago on a couple passes per game. Last year, it was about 3 or 4 passes a game. It was clear on several passes today.

Last edited:
There was good and bad. My 2 cents:

1. Can't compare the degree of difficulty playing the Dolphins and Saints. Worlds apart.

2. Cam and the Pats ran a super vanilla offense today and did well against last year's worst defense. It's encouraging that they didn't do poorly. Nothing more, nothing less.

3. Brady has never had the physical tools to do great with a simple offense, but he has great mental gifts, hence why they always had a complicated offense in NE. Whatever they're doing in Tampa is gonna take time to get that machine fine tuned to Brady.

4. Didn't know the Bucs were so indisciplined. That 4th down penalty at the end of the half was just a huge "wao" moment from me. I mean, the Saints weren't even going to snap the ball. How many times has Brady seen his team do that in 20 years? Maybe twice? That had to be a huge "You're not in New England anymore" moment for Brady. Twenty bucks says Bill's face flashed in Brady's mind right then.

Anyway, we might not know very well what these teams are until midseason. Gotta see the Pats against a few playoff caliber teams. Or even NFL caliber teams. Also gotta give Tampa offensive players more experience with Brady. It'll be fun rooting for both.

Agree with your points for the most part but how would the Tampa offense and Brady have performed if they had to contend with 76,000 screaming fans inside of a dome? These were ideal conditions for the visiting offense and they still struggled for much of the game.

That’s age. Your body doesn’t follow through on what you’re mind is telling it to do as consistently. I noticed it with him a few years ago on a couple passes per game. Last year, it was about 3 or 4 passes a game. It was clear on several passes today.
There are more and more WTF throws, been increasing the last couple years.

People really need to avoid making judgments based upon week one of this season.
This is just people goofing on the Brady fanboys. They earned it. If TB12 ever doesn't suck, they will get their comeuppance.

No Arians has a history of this and has been criticized for having loose lips with the media when it comes to players. Now Brady can decide how he reacts.

Remember, a big issue Brady had with Bill was feeling like he was left to hang out to dry with deflategate. He didn’t like being put on the spot in public.
Are you saying Tampa wasn't the best place for TB12 and Gronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes