PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints are way ahead of the Bucs ...
Too much is being read into this game.

I have argued for two years that Brady has declined some. But I don’t think one game against a very good team tells us that much.

Looks like Brady ripped his pants again on national TV...

Oh Tompa. Have you figured it out yet? Your real "weapons" are on the OL.

Tompa's not going to make it to week 8 at this rate.

So will Arians blame himself for the 9 penalties? His teams are so undisciplined. Also Donovan Smith stinks. Will root for Tom whenever he struggles or not. I thought the Bucs defense played well despite the score. Bucs offense just couldn’t finish drives. Won’t be surprised if they bounce back and put a drubbing on the panthers.

First rule of the Brady fanboys. No matter what, it's never Tompa's fault! Reminds me so much of the Blesoe fanboy's circa 2001.

Peyton Manning lost 3 of his first 5 games in Denver. Then he didn’t lose again until the playoffs. Tom is with his first new team in 20 years and there has been a weird off season due to a once in a lifetime pandemic and he played arguably the toughest game on his schedule.

I wouldn't pronounce him toast just yet. Remember how he started similarly hapless in 2017 after joining the Guerrero cult ?

Give it some time people. Its not a competition who can call it first.

Wasnt he a shadow of himself the last year he played? We all remember the big plays in the Chiefs game/Superbowl...but other than that he was pretty average that year. Today he looked absolutely horrible, running in molasses.

as for Brady, I thought he looked pretty much the same as he did last year and the year before when they won the Superbowl. Maybe it was just one game and brady bounces back next week but he also had good games and bad games last year. Perhaps the big disagreement between Bill/Brady is that Bill wants this to be a running team with the QB being more of a game manager and making plays when needed (superbowl year). Whereas Brady wants to win the game on his arm.

Wasnt he a shadow of himself the last year he played? We all remember the big plays in the Chiefs game/Superbowl...but other than that he was pretty average that year. Today he looked absolutely horrible, running in molasses.

as for Brady, I thought he looked pretty much the same as he did last year and the year before when they won the Superbowl. Maybe it was just one game and brady bounces back next week but he also had good games and bad games last year. Perhaps the big disagreement between Bill/Brady is that Bill wants this to be a running team with the QB being more of a game manager and making plays when needed (superbowl year). Whereas Brady wants to win the game on his arm.
And the me massacred the Steelers at the start of last year.

We should honestly just wait to see where he is at week 8. It’s a new team there were going to be growing pains. With this talent he doesn’t have an excuse if he doesn’t eventually get it together this year

First rule of the Brady fanboys. No matter what, it's never Tompa's fault! Reminds me so much of the Blesoe fanboy's circa 2001.

WH

Who said brady didn’t held himself responsible? He didn’t make any excuses at the pc.. My point is if your football team is undisciplined it won’t win many games no matter how good you play. I saw an undisciplined football team. Penalties, muffed punts. You think the Tampa bay OL played well?

I’m concerned about Tom. There was a stat a few years ago about how Aaron Rodgers almost never threw pick sixes and Tom Brady was also an outlier. Now that’s 3 in his last 3 games. That’s what happened towards the end with Peyton. Some of his passes are clearly just not going where he wants them to go. The pick 6 today was just horrendous.

Also concerning is his seeming lack of chemistry with Mike Evans. Really hope this isn’t one where they don’t mesh...Evans is absolutely integral. Too early to say, however, but that wasn’t a good start knowing Tom’s tendency to not forget.

He was money on the deep passes, though, and if those are complete, he’s had a big statistical day even before garbage time.

Cant think of a coach I hate more than Arians though. Could already tell right off he was trying to cram this personnel into HIS playbook. Why not borrow heavily from the Patriots playbook and use Scotty Miller like Welker? Why not split Gronk out wide to exploit mismatches? Three tight ends poorly used. Almost no motion at the line. Big, slow one dimensional running backs. Shotgun with no scat back. Predictable run/pass. Had a feeling it would be like this.

It's week one.

rofl.gif

Brady was not happy here - and all he did last year was *****. Which was out of character. The principals seem happy that he moved on. Even Kraft. And the league may have effed up royally allowing us to get Newton for $1.5 million. He has had issues, but right now he seems to be enjoying himself.

Tampa lost today by 11. That is a larger losing margin than in any loss Brady sustained last year with the Pats except for the Ravens game.

Peyton Manning lost 3 of his first 5 games in Denver. Then he didn’t lose again until the playoffs. Tom is with his first new team in 20 years and there has been a weird off season due to a once in a lifetime pandemic and he played arguably the toughest game on his schedule.
You should post this again just for the heck of it... they're in here being the armchair QB's that they are acting as though they got some kind of victory tonight because Tom struggled. It's laughable.

There was good and bad. My 2 cents:

1. Can't compare the degree of difficulty playing the Dolphins and Saints. Worlds apart.

2. Cam and the Pats ran a super vanilla offense today and did well against last year's worst defense. It's encouraging that they didn't do poorly. Nothing more, nothing less.

3. Brady has never had the physical tools to do great with a simple offense, but he has great mental gifts, hence why they always had a complicated offense in NE. Whatever they're doing in Tampa is gonna take time to get that machine fine tuned to Brady.

4. Didn't know the Bucs were so indisciplined. That 4th down penalty at the end of the half was just a huge "wao" moment from me. I mean, the Saints weren't even going to snap the ball. How many times has Brady seen his team do that in 20 years? Maybe twice? That had to be a huge "You're not in New England anymore" moment for Brady. Twenty bucks says Bill's face flashed in Brady's mind right then.

Anyway, we might not know very well what these teams are until midseason. Gotta see the Pats against a few playoff caliber teams. Or even NFL caliber teams. Also gotta give Tampa offensive players more experience with Brady. It'll be fun rooting for both.
Having lived down there for a while and seeing tons of Bucs games it’s amazing to me that no matter the players or coaching staff they always play sloppy, undisciplined football. It’s not even like it’s relative because I usually watch the Patriots who are a very disciplined team. I’ve seen lots of Jets and Giants games here in CT over the years and they may make some dumb plays but a lot of times it’s just poor execution more than overall sloppiness. The Bucs always seem to shoot themselves in the foot no matter who is the coach or QB. I guess that’s why they’re the losingest franchise in league history.

So are the Buccaneer fans on this forum going to come back to the Pats now? :haha:
So are the faux pats fans named TommyBrady12 going to stop using the name of the Bucs QB? Why don't you use JimmyGaroppolo?

Jimmy g lost today as well.

looks like the colts are tanking for Trevor big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back