PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying Tampa wasn't the best place for TB12 and Gronk?
Personally I think Gronk is washed and he’s just being a petulant child who thinks his injury issues and own unhappiness was a Patriots thing when it was a him thing and he’s wasting his time.

Brady it’s too soon to know, but I think he probably is realizing every new place has its own problems and that while NE wasn’t the most player friendly locker room and he had to eat some ****, it had benefits that other places don’t.

All that said, I think Brady’s smart enough to realize he just has to get over that because he can’t just leave. Maybe it’ll be good for him to be tempered a bit

No Arians has a history of this and has been criticized for having loose lips with the media when it comes to players. Now Brady can decide how he reacts.

Remember, a big issue Brady had with Bill was feeling like he was left to hang out to dry with deflategate. He didn’t like being put on the spot in public.

This 100000x. Arians has a long, storied history of throwing his players under the bus. What he said about Brady's picks today is probably factually correct, but it's the kind of talk that should only happen during private film study.

This is just people goofing on the Brady fanboys. They earned it. If TB12 ever doesn't suck, they will get their comeuppance.

Nobody earned any such thing. The people "goofing" are being idiots. As Patrots fans, they should know better than to be doing it after week one.

Nobody earned any such thing. The people "goofing" are being idiots. As Patrots fans, they should know better than to be doing it after week one.
Back at you.

Problem is the same issues that were cropping up the past few years are showing still. Just enough off the mark passes that are incompletions or picks. Those get covered up by some oh wow passes that he can still make and will make. He still is Tom Brady after all, he can make some of these same throws when he is 60. Problem is, the smaller stuff. The detail stuff that separates the GOAT performances versus the average to good QB performances. That is what is starting to go and no amount of talent will be able to overcome that. There is nothing wrong with saying he isn't what he once was and the trends are starting to become clearer.

I thought Tom had a C+ game. Main thing i was looking forward to was his arm and from what I saw he can still throw dimes. He had a couple of mistakes, but no doubt about it the Bucs will be a team to look at going forward

Tom is going to regret spending the last few years of his career outside New England.

A guy that competitive, that driven, doesn't spend 20 years working under a coach with a matching mentality, only to leave, go to a "player's coach", and tolerate the sloppiness, lack of attention to detail, etc.

I thought Tom had a C+ game. Main thing i was looking forward to was his arm and from what I saw he can still throw dimes. He had a couple of mistakes, but no doubt about it the Bucs will be a team to look at going forward
I have no doubt the Bucs are a more talented team than the Patriots and will probably have a better record but I also agree that Brady was not the right QB for the Patriots anymore. Brady needs to embrace that he is aging and be that game manager the way manning did in Denver. I don't think he can as it goes against the whole TB12 Guererro thing so deficiencies have to be the result of others.

The Bucs next 3 games:

Panthers
@Broncos
Chargers

Now, the Bucs still have to get on the same page, and the travel miles are brutal, but those are 3 winnable games.

The Patriots next 3 games:

@Seahawks
Raiders
@Chiefs

Now, I'm not saying this will happen, but the Patriots could certainly lose all 3 of those game and be 1-3. And 2-2 is probably a winning first 1/4 season in BB's eyes.

So we've got a bunch of people acting like fools over one unbalanced week (Patriots played a bad-to-mediocre team, at home: Bucs played an excellent team, on the road), when we could see a complete reversal of team fortunes over the next couple of weeks. I don't see that, because I think the Bucs will need more time to gel, but there's no question that it could happen.

Watching TB12 do that spike after that early score kinda felt like watching an ex having an intimate moment with a new partner, something you had for yourself countless times before but were now on the outside looking in. There were more flashes of such moments, but there were also a lot of other kinds of memories. Dirty looks. Un-explainable decisions. Things that let you know that you were no longer in sync. Then you remember they were the one that wanted it to end, and you're with someone new, someone younger, someone exciting. Things aren't perfect, but that's life.

The Patriots next 3 games:

@Seahawks
Raiders
@Chiefs

Now, I'm not saying this will happen, but the Patriots could certainly lose all 3 of those game and be 1-3. And 2-2 is probably a winning first 1/4 season in BB's eyes.

For the Patriots, 2 and 2 would be a victory. A winning season (9-7) would be an unexpected victory in my eyes.

As far as the Bucs, not at all surprised they lost to the Saints. Bucs have a new group while the Saints have been top notch for years. To be honest the surprise to me today there were that Brees and the Saints had more issues than I expected. Anything less than playoff success is a failure to the Bucs. I felt Gronk was done two years ago and question whether Brady has the mental toughness to adjust to his diminished capabilities and be an awesome game manager. His escape from the Patriots was to show he was the man and I think it is 50/50 if things go bad in Tampa by the end of the year. Team Brady was irate that BB coached him hard but BB never said a real bad thing about him publicly. After game one Arians already did (rightfully so)

For the Patriots, 2 and 2 would be a victory. A winning season (9-7) would be an unexpected victory in my eyes.

As far as the Bucs, not at all surprised they lost to the Saints. Bucs have a new group while the Saints have been top notch for years. To be honest the surprise to me today there were that Brees and the Saints had more issues than I expected. Anything less than playoff success is a failure to the Bucs. I felt Gronk was done two years ago and question whether Brady has the mental toughness to adjust to his diminished capabilities and be an awesome game manager. His escape from the Patriots was to show he was the man and I think it is 50/50 if things go bad in Tampa by the end of the year. Team Brady was irate that BB coached him hard but BB never said a real bad thing about him publicly. After game one Arians already did (rightfully so)

I will happily take 2-2 considering the schedule and a good showing in all 4 games.

I felt Gronk was done two years ago and question whether Brady has the mental toughness to adjust to his diminished capabilities and be an awesome game manager. His escape from the Patriots was to show he was the man and I think it is 50/50 if things go bad in Tampa by the end of the year.
I saw signs of him being too comfortable with a few players (Gronk, Miller) and showing displeasure with other players. I thought this would be the "football is finally fun" phase of his career and he'd be more patient for the reasons given here, it's a new offensive system for him, there's been no pre-season, etc. I know he's the intensely focused type, but he may regret not being more patient in his new environment.

I honestly hope he puts together a decent season. But his decline has been evident since 2018. It’s not about this one game per se.
I gotcha. We'll see though. A decline is going to happen, plain and simple. I'm just not sure I believe it's as precipitous as some.

I gotcha. We'll see though. A decline is going to happen, plain and simple. I'm just not sure I believe it's as precipitous as some.
I agree with you it is not off a cliff but if he is unwilling to accept that there is a decline and does not adjust to a game manager role it will turn ugly.

I agree with @Deus Irae. Pats being 2-2 after 4 games is realistic. I think 3-1 is possible. I would hope that our 7 DBs with 1 LB will play well against the mobile QBs like Mahomes and Wilson, but maybe it is too early and the Pats will fall on their faces. Have to wait and see, Williams played well so that is encouraging - I thought Chung had slipped a bit last year. I am not a Brooks fan so hopefully Dugger can play more. I think our D can give the Seahawks and Chiefs a tough time. The O was not on the same page with at least a half dozen plays - hopefully we can iron that out but probably not in time for the Seahawks.

I agree with @Deus Irae. Pats being 2-2 after 4 games is realistic. I think 3-1 is possible. I would hope that our 7 DBs with 1 LB will play well against the mobile QBs like Mahomes and Wilson, but maybe it is too early and the Pats will fall on their faces. Have to wait and see, Williams played well so that is encouraging - I thought Chung had slipped a bit last year. I am not a Brooks fan so hopefully Dugger can play more. I think our D can give the Seahawks and Chiefs a tough time. The O was not on the same page with at least a half dozen plays - hopefully we can iron that out but probably not in time for the Seahawks.

Brooks and Copeland are terrible.

I think JaJuan and Philips can play some sort of SS or pass defending LB. And we play mostly nickel or dime defense.

Then use a couple LBs when needed out of Winovich, Jennings, Uche, Bentley.

I will happily take 2-2 considering the schedule and a good showing in all 4 games.
2-2 would be glorious and heading into bad weather with the formula we saw today I like our chances with Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents