PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
who was this aimed at?

“Cam’s been great for us, he’s a very, very unselfish player, a great teammate, he’s earned everybody’s respect daily,” New England coach Bill Belichick said. “He puts himself last and puts his team first. I thought he played well today, he hit a lot of passes, ran the ball well, led the team and made some checks and adjustments.”

The last player to do that is Schaub, who threw pick-sixes in three consecutive games between 2014 and 2015. If Brady throws a pick-six next Sunday against the Panthers, he'll tie the NFL record for the most consecutive games with one, matching ... Schaub, who threw four in a row in 2013.

The first INT is more like Brady thought Evans would continue his route. The second one started to appear 2-3 years ago. Ialways hated this kind of throw where the throw has to be perfect. Otherwise if the db jump the route, you are screwed. It is the same kind of throw than the pick in the super bowl in 2018.

I suggest that you re-watch that play. Even if Evans continued his route, there is no way that he would have caught that. Brady air-mailed it. Tacko (Fall, not Charlton) may have had a shot but not Evans.

The last player to do that is Schaub, who threw pick-sixes in three consecutive games between 2014 and 2015. If Brady throws a pick-six next Sunday against the Panthers, he'll tie the NFL record for the most consecutive games with one, matching ... Schaub, who threw four in a row in 2013.

Whoever wrote that needs to work on clarity and sentence structure. Yikes.

I suggest that you re-watch that play. Even if Evans continued his route, there is no way that he would have caught that. Brady air-mailed it. Tacko (Fall, not Charlton) may have had a shot but not Evans.

I wonder if the excuses made for Brady on the broadcast on that play would have been made for Winston if he did the same thing. Maybe it's just me but I'd say probably not.

Actually, Brandon Marshall and Micheal Vick defended Brady saying that Evans should not have stop. And that when you are a WR in the slot with a seam route when it’s cover two you have to go vertical in the middle of the field. Brady was throwing a 50/50 ball counting on the physicality of Evans against the safety.

The second one was bad. Late on an out route is a killer.

it’s week one. They are positive for the bucs. The saints made almost no mistakes, blocked a FG. The bucs played very sloppy, if they can correct that and not shot themselves In the foot like yesterday, they will be dangerous.

Last edited:
Actually, Brandon Marshall and Micheal Vick defended Brady saying that Evans should not have stop. And that when you are a WR in the slot with a seam route when it’s cover two you have to go vertical in the middle of the field. Brady was throwing a 50/50 counting on the physicality of Evans against the safety.

it’s week one. They are positive for the bucs. The saints made almost no mistakes, blocked a FG. The bucs played very sloppy, if they can correct that and not shot themselves In the foot like yesterday, they will be dangerous.

im pretty sure I saw post-game video of Arians throwing Tommy under the bus saying he screwed up

found it: Bruce Arians Gives Honest Take On Tom Brady's Two-INT Game In Bucs Debut - NESN.com

Brady making sh*tty plays for another team and posters here still make excuses for him lol

Problem is the same issues that were cropping up the past few years are showing still. Just enough off the mark passes that are incompletions or picks. Those get covered up by some oh wow passes that he can still make and will make. He still is Tom Brady after all, he can make some of these same throws when he is 60. Problem is, the smaller stuff. The detail stuff that separates the GOAT performances versus the average to good QB performances. That is what is starting to go and no amount of talent will be able to overcome that. There is nothing wrong with saying he isn't what he once was and the trends are starting to become clearer.

This. It's not just a one game issue for Brady. His inconsistent play, unwillingness to stand in the pocket in the face of pressure when initial read isn't there, accuracy lapses and brain farts date back to 2018 and are the reasons that BB and JMD decided to go run heavy after the Pitt debacle. As JMD said in DYJ#3, when talking about the change: "Figure out what you do best and then commit to it." What they did best no longer included Brady.

I don’t think Brady played that bad overall. He made 2 mistakes that unfortunately cost the Bucs 14 points. I don’t think he will throw pick 6 every game. He was spot on on his deep throws. The first one to Goodwin was great and without the 2 PI on Evans who would have probably caught both passes Brady would have had a 300+ yards game. Evans was injured a bit this week and was a game time decision. I’m not surprised he was not involved much. As for Gronk, is not the Gronk of 5 years ago but after one year off, I’ll let him get his game shape back.

The bucs D play great overall but they also cost the bucs points with there undisciplined. The offside on 4 & 2 was a killer. There was also an unecessary PI inside the 5 where Brees throw into double coverage.
If the Buccaneers can get the turnovers - and what I consider to be turnover type plays - under control they will be a damn decent team. They had five such plays yesterday, and I don't believe the Saints had any until they turned it over on downs with 20 seconds to go.

These types of plays killed them all last year. It's a miracle they went 7-9. But apparently it takes more than a new QB to get rid of those.

The truth is that Brady is so old at this point that it basically means nothing if he tanks in Tampa. He has ski-jumped off the bell curve of QB age to retirement and is in statistical no-man's land now.

Conversely, if he ultimately does well in 2020... he will probably keep coming back until he does tank. He won't retire until the results on the field prove that he has to retire, either due to injury or cratering production.

People seem to want to preemptively gloat over it, but whenever Brady finally has to retire all it's going to prove is that time passes and entropy exists.

I have no doubt the Bucs are a more talented team than the Patriots and will probably have a better record but I also agree that Brady was not the right QB for the Patriots anymore. Brady needs to embrace that he is aging and be that game manager the way manning did in Denver. I don't think he can as it goes against the whole TB12 Guererro thing so deficiencies have to be the result of others.
I have doubts. What - other than have a collection of names - does Tampa do well ? Collective > individual.

Maybe Tampa makes the playoffs and finishes with two wins more than NE. Maybe even « better than 50% » that Tampa has a better year. But I’m far from « no doubts ».

People underrate how resolute BB is about NOT blaming his players. It’s a skill. And players appreciate it.
Yeah can't really think of a single time Bill flat out threw someone under the bus.

Yeah can't really think of a single time Bill flat out threw someone under the bus.
He mentioned an opponent once (FredEx) and a « reporter » once (Casserly)... maybe a few more times. In two decades.

That’s why he can get people « back in the fold ». Seymour, Branch, Moss : all « spurned » but all good now.

Brady making sh*tty plays for another team and posters here still make excuses for him lol

Many posters converted to the Bucs during the offseason, that's why

The truth is that Brady is so old at this point that it basically means nothing if he tanks in Tampa. He has ski-jumped off the bell curve of QB age to retirement and is in statistical no-man's land now.

Conversely, if he ultimately does well in 2020... he will probably keep coming back until he does tank. He won't retire until the results on the field prove that he has to retire, either due to injury or cratering production.

People seem to want to preemptively gloat over it, but whenever Brady finally has to retire all it's going to prove is that time passes and entropy exists.

He should have retired after the 2018 season and gone on top with a ring. But instead he wants to prove that his TB12 stuff works and play until 45. That and Gisele wants to stick it to Belichick by proving Brady isn't Johnny Foxboro in a different organization...

Actually, Brandon Marshall and Micheal Vick defended Brady saying that Evans should not have stop. And that when you are a WR in the slot with a seam route when it’s cover two you have to go vertical in the middle of the field. Brady was throwing a 50/50 ball counting on the physicality of Evans against the safety.

His own coach said it was Brady's fault...what does Marshall and Vick know about Tampa's system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST