PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: McAdoo and Jerry Reese get the boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why not fire him right there ? I dont buy this crap.. no way Eli gets benched without Mara agreeing to it one way or the other..

This. It makes no sense to allow a coach (who you plan to gas), to bench the best QB on the roster. BB wouldn't bench Brady without Kraft knowing first.

This. It makes no sense to allow a coach (who you plan to gas), to bench the best QB on the roster. BB wouldn't bench Brady without Kraft knowing first.

The thing is that like @Deus Irae said.. Mara most probably wanted to move on from Eli anyway and found fall guys the fanbase can blame...

There is not much of that alleged honorable organization that does things the right way left under John Mara. It all has been gone since Wellington Mara.

The thing is that like @Deus Irae said.. Mara most probably wanted to move on from Eli anyway and found fall guys the fanbase can blame...

There is not much of that alleged honorable organization that does things the right way left under John Mara. It all has been gone since Wellington Mara.

There is nothing honorable about the Giants which was founded by his mafia-puppet, bookie grandfather father Tim Mara. When the market crashed in 1929, all the fraudulent stock swaps he was fronting for the mob forced him to sign his team over to Wellington Mara.

There is no way McAdon't benches Eli without Reece and Mara knowing and saying yes.

He is such a slime.
Such a base insult to slimes. They're people too you know! How dare you tarnish the reputation of these gentle creatures!

slime4_1024x1024.png

You heartless bastard

BB's under contract, and he's not going to be able to claim the "move up" exception. He's not going anywhere.
Except that the Red Sox did something very similar with Dave Dombrowski. They technically promoted him to team President, but gave him the authority to make roster moves like a GM.

Newsflash: Giants Hire Bill Belichick as General Manager, and Joe Spinelesspuppet as Head Coach. Belichick expected to work closely with team on the field and to be responsible for all personnel decisions.

I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm saying that won't be the reason it isn't going to happen.

"Thanks Grandpa" Mara is a problem here, a duplicitous know-nothing with no actual accomplishments as an individual, who gets deified by the national media clowns and too many of the other owners (**cough** Kraft **cough**) due to that Mara name. He and Schiessekopf are cut from the same mold. He showed who he really is in the Josh Brown situation; they both did, actually. Too bad he lucked into Coughlin the way he has gotten everything - via inheritance. Now that he drove ol' Tom away I expect Mara to mismanage the Giants into a persistent state of mediocrity as we see with the Bidwells and Spanos' and other lucky sperm club types.

stop that, you're getting me all excited

I woke up in the middle of the night with a most disturbing thought.

Mara decides to totally re-shape the Giants organization by tying in to their championship past.

He offers Bill Belichick 15 million per year to take total control as coach and GM, with unlimited monies to rebuild the scouting staff from the ground up.

Bill totally respects that organization. He could establish a legacy independent of coaching the greatest QB ever.

This could never happen, right?

RIGHT??

Just a bad dream, I think...

How long is Bill under contract?

d301b5e82124cff4c769534bddf4b72d--ghost-in-the-shell-googly-eyes.jpg

Except that the Red Sox did something very similar with Dave Dombrowski. They technically promoted him to team President, but gave him the authority to make roster moves like a GM.

Newsflash: Giants Hire Bill Belichick as General Manager, and Joe Spinelesspuppet as Head Coach. Belichick expected to work closely with team on the field and to be responsible for all personnel decisions.

I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm saying that won't be the reason it isn't going to happen.

That's not how it works.

Amazing that a coach who went 11-5 in his first year, the best record the team had in 8 years, following 3 consecutive losing seasons is fired before the end of year 2 and no one is at all surprised.

I'd like to see a see a stat of how many NFL coaches have been fired since BB took over since Jan 2000.

I'm guessing the over/under at 250

I woke up in the middle of the night with a most disturbing thought.

Mara decides to totally re-shape the Giants organization by tying in to their championship past.

He offers Bill Belichick 15 million per year to take total control as coach and GM, with unlimited monies to rebuild the scouting staff from the ground up.

Bill totally respects that organization. He could establish a legacy independent of coaching the greatest QB ever.

This could never happen, right?

RIGHT??

Just a bad dream, I think...

How long is Bill under contract?
If Bill is interested in records beyond most Super Bowls won, it would be total victories and he would never have a chance of catching that dork down in Miami if he made a move to the Giants. Besides, Staten Island isn't Nantucket.

They should play the number three guy for the rest of the season

I hope mccadoo winds up in Knoxville. Not sure Reese can even get a job in wal Mart.

Ps: Bowles has won 5 games with a lineup worse than alabama’s. He should be nfl coach of the year!

Did anyone in the old western days build their own own gallows?

This was pretty close to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes