PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: McAdoo and Jerry Reese get the boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thanks Grandpa" Mara is a problem here, a duplicitous know-nothing with no actual accomplishments as an individual, who gets deified by the national media clowns and too many of the other owners (**cough** Kraft **cough**) due to that Mara name. He and Schiessekopf are cut from the same mold. He showed who he really is in the Josh Brown situation; they both did, actually. Too bad he lucked into Coughlin the way he has gotten everything - via inheritance. Now that he drove ol' Tom away I expect Mara to mismanage the Giants into a persistent state of mediocrity as we see with the Bidwells and Spanos' and other lucky sperm club types.

Didnt mean to say that what you are saying is crap, but the general take that Mara wasnt part of the entire Eli debacle.

McAdoo made it clear that such is not the case. Mara's response to the McAdoo press conference falls in line with that. Note what he said:

The Giants' original plan -- to have Manning start Sunday in Oakland before giving way at some point in the second half to Geno Smith -- backfired. On Tuesday, McAdoo said the game plan was for each to play a half against the Raiders.

Mara presented a slightly different version Wednesday when asked if there was a better way they could've gone about phasing out their franchise quarterback.

"There probably is. Tell me what it is. I don't know," Mara said. "I mean, I didn't necessarily think it had to be at the half. I think if he's playing well in the first half, we're winning the game, it looks like we've got a chance, the offense is clicking, I would argue then keep him in the game. But having him definitively come out at the end of the first half -- I can understand why he would object."
Ben McAdoo: On same page with co-owner over QB change

So, he wasn't saying that he was against benching Eli. He was saying that, in games where Eli was playing well and the could still win, you might want to keep him in past halftime. But that still allows for pulling him later in the game, and its still allows for pulling Eli at the half if he's not playing well.

Let me be the first to include in this thread, do the Giants look at Josh McD as HC and does he consider that clusterf*ck of an organization...???
If it's clean house time, he'd get to pick his own GM or do the Giants ( as someone wrote) go with Spagnolo the interim HC as a permanent one......??
EDIT- reflex got in seconds before me..

I woke up in the middle of the night with a most disturbing thought.

Mara decides to totally re-shape the Giants organization by tying in to their championship past.

He offers Bill Belichick 15 million per year to take total control as coach and GM, with unlimited monies to rebuild the scouting staff from the ground up.

Bill totally respects that organization. He could establish a legacy independent of coaching the greatest QB ever.

This could never happen, right?

RIGHT??

Just a bad dream, I think...

How long is Bill under contract?

Mara decides to totally re-shape the Giants organization by tying in to their championship past.

He offers Bill Belichick 15 million per year to take total control as coach and GM, with unlimited monies to rebuild the scouting staff from the ground up.

Bill totally respects that organization. He could establish a legacy independent of coaching the greatest QB ever.

RIGHT??

BB's under contract, and he's not going to be able to claim the "move up" exception. He's not going anywhere.

RIGHT??

BB is the top exec. Can't happen.

fact is.......manning started to suck before macadoo

in a rick Pitino voice.... "Joe Pisarcik ain't walking in through that door"

Ever since Mara said a couple of weeks ago that he was extremely disappointed in the team, I doubt very much that McAdoo has gone to the bathroom without asking permission.

I'd bet the farm that this was all Mara's doing. When it blew up in their faces, he blamed it on McAdoo. "**** flows downhill," as the old saying goes.

It would be interesting to know how much the Giants still owe him for the next two years. He was a hot commodity when they signed him as HC. :rolleyes:

McAdoo made it clear that such is not the case. Mara's response to the McAdoo press conference falls in line with that. Note what he said:

Ben McAdoo: On same page with co-owner over QB change

So, he wasn't saying that he was against benching Eli. He was saying that, in games where Eli was playing well and the could still win, you might want to keep him in past halftime. But that still allows for pulling him later in the game, and its still allows for pulling Eli at the half if he's not playing well.

Where was Mara when McAdoo announced almost an entire week ahead that Eli wouldnt start ? I am just confused how McAdoo (who was a dead coach walking anyway) can just make a decision to sit Eli and then be essentially fired for it a week later. It seems weirdly chaotic..

Manning has issues with accuracy. It's well known. It doesn't matter how much time he has in the pocket.

Where was Mara when McAdoo announced almost an entire week ahead that Eli wouldnt start ? I am just confused how McAdoo (who was a dead coach walking anyway) can just make a decision to sit Eli and then be essentially fired for it a week later. It seems weirdly chaotic..

Mara made sure he was absent on the day it was announced. What Mara has done is use McAdoo and Reese as his hatchet men, and then cut them loose to appease the mob. Whatever happens now, the streak is over, the seed of moving on has been planted, and Mara gets away with just saying "It was handled poorly", while not having to deal with his complicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back