PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Martha Ford: Matt Patricia, Bob Quinn will return in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wasn’t obese and a rocket scientist and with a huge beard and came up under BB, then no one would even know this porker’s name.

I like that he wore the Barstool shirt though.

Last edited:
Interesting fact. From 2011 when he was de facto coordinator through 2017 the patriots had 191 takeaways, 3rd in the nfl, only 2 takeaways behind the # 1 team.
That’s almost 26 a season.
They added 22 in the postseason. While getting to the SB 4 of the 7 years and winning it twice.

Yeah, they were 1 in the conference in 2010 and I think 2nd behind Buffalo maybe in 2011, if I am not mistaken. Their flaws were 3rd down and timely sacks.

I still say if Andre Carter doesn't go down late in 2011, they win SB 46.

For as young, inexperienced and new all of those bodies were on those defenses, they were opportunistic.

Hell no our defense vastly improved since he left besides rather give it to Steve Belichick since he's already doing the play calling if anything.

ever stop to think the personnel may be a little better?

I don't see Patricia going anywhere. He was signed on a long-term deal. He will/should be given more time.

Makes sense. If they have another bad year both are out. And the new GM can clean house, hire a new coach and send Flowers back to us for a 4th round pick.

They have a lot of money tied up in Patricia and Quinn and they'd be pretty dumb to cut ties with them now. They have two years left on their contracts.

This thread aged well

As fat as he is, he might be better suited to play DT. We could effectively clog up the A-gap with him and take away two of Lamar Jackson’s running lanes in the playoffs.
I thought he played D line in college?

Lions owner Martha Ford told reporters on Tuesday that Patricia and General Manager Bob Quinn will both return to the team for the 2020 season. It will be Patricia’s third year as head coach and Quinn’s fifth season in Detroit. Both men are under contract through 2022.

Vice chair Sheila Ford Hamp said that firing Patricia and/or Quinn might have been “the popular choice,” but that the organization feels this is the more prudent decision. Ford also shared what she wants to see from the team next year.
Rumor Mill – Page 2 – ProFootballTalk

As long as it is not bend, don’t break while allowing scrubs to throw for 3 or 400 yards I can accept any coordinator that BB chooses. Love the new D, it’s been the highlight of the season dating back to a few games last year.

Thread title change kind of messes with my earlier post. :(

If a better candidate becomes available, Matt is gone.

The real joke is what they do with Trey Flowers contract. He’s played a lot better since his disastrous start, but he still doesn’t come close to warranting that contract.

If mayo and little bb make a year two leap, like players do, our defense will be even better next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes