PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Martha Ford: Matt Patricia, Bob Quinn will return in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like our current DCs.

Matt Patricia mum on future: I like to keep that private

Would we take Patricia back as DC? He seems to have left on good terms unlike Flores who poached one too many people.
Why the unit has improved.
I mean I wouldnt be against it but not DC against Steve. who is clearly DC of the future.
Id take him as a assistant but not a coordinator at this point.

My guess if Mcdaniels gets a head coach job there is his DC.
Or DC in Houston if Romeo retires.

Hell no our defense vastly improved since he left besides rather give it to Steve Belichick since he's already doing the play calling if anything.

It’s pretty ridiculous that he’s already on the hot seat. That team was competitive at the beginning of season before a rash of injuries ultimately derailed them. Lions going to Lions, though.

It's been discussed prior but I was never that impressed by Patricia.

When he spoke he didn't strike me as a particularly thoughtful, intelligent person, despite the rocket scientist persona people labeled him.

And perception of him aside, his defenses were never great at forcing turnovers and always seemed to play more conservatively. The more aggressive approach since his departure has been a welcome change.

If he was willing to tweak his play-calling approach and get the guys playing more aggressively, I'd be willing to entertain the idea of his return, but I don't think it's particularly likely and I like what Steve and Jerod are doing this season.

If Patricia is on the hot seat I’d assume Quinn is too?

He is definitely done in Detroit. I feel bad for him. But I also don't really want the Patriots to go back to the bend but don't break passive style. We have the personnel right now to do so much more and it has been a pretty amazing year so far.

I'd give it one more year. Injuries hit them hard this year. I think it has more to do with the humans he has in there under contract. and if they have bought in. That's the key. If he as a load of people he likes, who are good for the system, believe in him, and the path, then he shouldn't be canned, IMO.

It’s pretty ridiculous that he’s already on the hot seat. That team was competitive at the beginning of season before a rash of injuries ultimately derailed them. Lions going to Lions, though.

I have a hard time believing the report. Unless, the Ford's are swayed by the press, which I doubt given how long they kept Millen around. I think this is a press corps that dislikes Matt and wants to help move him out.

Hard to fire a second year coach who lost his QB 2/3rds of the way through the year. However those blown leads early in the season probably don't sit well, but should not be enough to move on IMO.

He'll be fine ... someone will take him as DC and maybe he gets 1 more HC gig.

No, thank you. Him and his SB52 gameplan can go be someone else's rocket science DC.

It's been discussed prior but I was never that impressed by Patricia.

When he spoke he didn't strike me as a particularly thoughtful, intelligent person, despite the rocket scientist persona people labeled him.

And perception of him aside, his defenses were never great at forcing turnovers and always seemed to play more conservatively. The more aggressive approach since his departure has been a welcome change.

If he was willing to tweak his play-calling approach and get the guys playing more aggressively, I'd be willing to entertain the idea of his return, but I don't think it's particularly likely and I like what Steve and Jerod are doing this season.
Interesting fact. From 2011 when he was de facto coordinator through 2017 the patriots had 191 takeaways, 3rd in the nfl, only 2 takeaways behind the # 1 team.
That’s almost 26 a season.
They added 22 in the postseason. While getting to the SB 4 of the 7 years and winning it twice.

Can he play O line?

Can he play O line?
As fat as he is, he might be better suited to play DT. We could effectively clog up the A-gap with him and take away two of Lamar Jackson’s running lanes in the playoffs.

No, thank you. Him and his SB52 gameplan can go be someone else's rocket science DC.
Anyones game plan would be shot to pieces when Jordan Richards is on the field.
Sorry Jordan I really am.

Hasn't the D been a lot better without him? Pass...

Really not that concerned who the DC is. Bill made his own son the play caller and it’s worked out fine lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes