PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

Not that much a gambler myself, but my buddy sent me this tweet earlier. Thought it was interesting and thread related.

Is the bookmaker trustworthy enough to pay that out? Imagine placing a huge hedge bet and not getting paid out either way.

Regards,
Chris

Takin a shot on trubisky to score first TD. Td passes don’t apply. 20 to win 460

Somehow had money in my Bovada wallet, no idea why, don't care probably part of some promotion. Wagered $50 on WAS tonight for no reason other than I like home dogs.

Well the important thing is that I never stop believing in myself.

Washington ML would have completed my 5 team Parlay for a good chunk....god d%#*!@t

I placed a small “throwaway” on the under because I was leery of giving the points on the road. Turns out I was overthinking it. The Skins really do suck.

On to week four.

I actually picked the Bears for that game. Legit defense, really awful Redskins team. All I needed was for the Bears offense to not play like **** again. And they didn't. That being said, that Bears win means nothing, because it's in a parlay, so depending on what happens later this week I'm most likely to end up with nothing. Yay.

Seahawks and Buccs ruined another parlay for me. In fact, the Buccs/giants game ruined two parlays. One for the under, two for the money line. Really bad week for me.

Edit: I saw a bet for Keenum and Trubisky to both throw picks and lord I wish I had taken the chance to put down the money. Damn.

I've also been betting on Gordon to get a TD, and for the last two games, he hasn't. Now watch what happens this week. I'll bet on Dorsett to get a TD and Gordon will suddenly find the end zone (unless he's too injured to play.)

Last edited:
All these parlay bettors came out of the woodwork

I already bought the pats from 7 to 6.5 and the packers from 4.5 to 4.

Im interested to see what happens with the Houston-carolina line

I took the Packers at -4.5. Philly banged up (had to have walkthroughs instead of actual practice last week because too many injuries to practice), on the road, and a short week. Packers have looked better as well.

Missed the Pats open of 6 but did get them at 6.5 before it moved to 7, thinking that could bump a more but barring extraordinary info I have a hard time seeing it get to double digits. Also grabbed the early numbers on Seattle -3 and a very surprising (to me) Jax +3.5 while they were there

Missed the Pats open of 6 but did get them at 6.5 before it moved to 7, thinking that could bump a more but barring extraordinary info I have a hard time seeing it get to double digits. Also grabbed the early numbers on Seattle -3 and a very surprising (to me) Jax +3.5 while they were there

I’m intrigued by the jags getting more than a field goal for sure,m. Just worried about minshew mania in a hostile environment. I’d also be intrigued by the Vikings if I get 3.5 or more. But that team is so jeckyll and Hyde home/away

I took the Packers at -4.5. Philly banged up (had to have walkthroughs instead of actual practice last week because too many injuries to practice), on the road, and a short week. Packers have looked better as well.

Straight or parlayed?

Straight @ -105. Tempted to throw in a parlay with the under as well.

Unf, I really like that bet. Tempted to drop some more. I think Wentz is a fraud.

Edit: Gonna stick with my program of waiting until halfway through the season before I drop money on non-Pats games but I fully expect to quote this expressing sadness in 6 days.

I’m intrigued by the jags getting more than a field goal for sure,m. Just worried about minshew mania in a hostile environment. I’d also be intrigued by the Vikings if I get 3.5 or more. But that team is so jeckyll and Hyde home/away

And yet my play has far less to do with Jax/Minshew than what's going on, or more to the point not going on, with Denver. CHI/MN involves two teams I just can't get a handle on.

And yet my play has far less to do with Jax/Minshew than what's going on, or more to the point not going on, with Denver. CHI/MN involves two teams I just can't get a handle on.

Colts -6.5 at home against Oakland?

Colts -6.5 at home against Oakland?

I don't like the game but if you do you should probably pull the trigger sooner rather than later, thinking that number will rise

I don't like the game but if you do you should probably pull the trigger sooner rather than later, thinking that number will rise

Already did. I aint no amateur. I aint no pro either

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back