PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: The gambling thread

Last edited:
Money line on jags (very talented d), and the Minshew fella has some TB12 story lines....wouldn't surprise me to see them make noise in the playoffs, again. Afc is weak. Jags win in Denver.

Houston at home against Cam seems like a no brainer. The texans pushed all their chips in. the panthers, i think they finally cut that fat 1st rd WR. Their defense isn't aging well. And Cam, well yeah-i think you get where I'm going.

Minnesota/Chicago I like Minnesota outright, as long as Kirk doesn't have too many bonehead plays. If they possess the ball (no turn overs!) and play field position, they hold trubisky to ~10pts. Minn gas a very good defense, and kirk has serious weapons.

Houston at home against Cam seems like a no brainer. The texans pushed all their chips in. the panthers, i think they finally cut that fat 1st rd WR. Their defense isn't aging well. And Cam, well yeah-i think you get where I'm going.
Cam has a lisfranc injury and is out indefinitely. He hasn’t played in a couple of weeks. The main reason why they were able to get going last week was because Kyle Allen looked good and put the ball in the hands of playmakers. In my opinion, we may have a totally different Panthers team moving forward.

View attachment 24446

My dumb ass put Ohio state and temple full game below Wisconsin. Doesn’t really matter cuz Wisconsin didn’t hit. Here’s a new play

Wow I had auburn full game on top in that bet too. Thank god I placed a new one. I wanted all first halfS
Can you explain this “if, then” betting to me? What makes it different than a long shot parlay? Are there levels of protection throughout the wager, or does the wager just continue with each layer of the bet?

Cam has a lisfranc injury and is out indefinitely. He hasn’t played in a couple of weeks. The main reason why they were able to get going last week was because Kyle Allen looked good and put the ball in the hands of playmakers. In my opinion, we may have a totally different Panthers team moving forward.

That Texans offense is a wagon. I don't see the panthers slowing em down enough for it to matter who they have at qb. I may be wrong.

Can you explain this “if, then” betting to me? What makes it different than a long shot parlay? Are there levels of protection throughout the wager, or does the wager just continue with each layer of the bet?

Okay so let’s say I do a 3 team if bet. I can do if win only, or if win, push, or cancel. For this example let’s go if win only .

Okay... let’s say I want team A, team b, and team C. All are -7 (Just using these numbers for simplicity) at -110

So instead of betting all the games straight at 55 to win 50 and having to risk 165, I can do the If bet which combines the straight bets into one.

You get to select whatever order you want them in, regardless of time the games start.

So let’s say I do Team B first, Team A 2nd, and Team C 3rd... All 55 to win 50.

Scenario one...
Team B doesn’t cover.. I lose 55. The other 2 bets do not matter, they cancel.

Scenario 2
Team B covers and Team A does not cover.
I win 50 on team B and lose 55 on Team A. Does not matter what team C does, it cancels. Lose 5 dollars

Scenario 3. Team A and B cover, C does not cover. So I win 100 between A and B, lose 55 on C. Win 45

Scenario 4 is All 3 cover and the bet hits for 150.

These bets are great for money management. Obviously it comes with risk. I already had multiple if bets this year where I lost the first leg and the next two legs hit, which kind of sucks. But I love them for the money management and they can provide hedge opportunities. I can bet a lot of games with if I need to without risking a lot.

*if you pick if win only and you push, the rest cancels. If you pick if win, push, cancel, and you push or cancel on a bet, it goes to the next one

That Texans offense is a wagon. I don't see the panthers slowing em down enough for it to matter who they have at qb. I may be wrong.
You may be right. I’m just saying that I’m not as sure now with the new QB as I would’ve been with Cam Newton playing, that’s all. They looked rejuvenated last week.

You may be right. I’m just saying that I’m not as sure now with the new QB as I would’ve been with Cam Newton playing, that’s all. They looked rejuvenated last week.

Thanks for the heads up either way. Did Can go down during rhe game last week or prior? Just thinking of the mentality of having the backup come in gets guys paying attention. Akin to pulling the goalie when the bad game fell on the defense in front of him. A lot of times in sport, you see a team rally around the 2 and start performing closer to their peak. That phenomenon could be at play, or the kid is simply legit and you were right. I don't trust Rivera either, so i have some cash on Houston

A70B7157-E462-4277-AC9F-C15D2E205026.png 5E131A79-1103-46A6-BFE4-ED11E7C3094C.png

Also have a separate 55 to win 50 straight bet colts -6.5

And colts first quarter -.5 59.50 to win 50

1pm games I have:

Colts -6
Browns +7
Lions +7.5

I like the Lions chances of the upset.

Did well on College yesterday, except Clemson!

Sorry I'm a bit late. Wife recovering from surgery, needed attention
Pats -6.5,
NYG-3
Det +7.5
Oak +7
TN +3.5

Last edited:
Sorry I' a bit late. Wife recovering from surgery, needed attention
Pats -6.5,
NYG-3
Det +7.5
Oak +7
TN +3.5
For the hip? Hope she’s on the right track.

For the hip? Hope she’s on the right track.

Yes and thanks for the well wishes. She's been pushing it a bit in terms of what she's been doing and it rose up and bit her. She's all set now thank God but we had a moment here that's for sure. You can always tell your wife, you just can't tell her much.

Got the Rams on a live bet -4.5
Also have the Vikings +1

Wanted Seattle but the 1pm games went to long and had no money on the account. And now the live line is a bit high.

Jax +3.5 is the only thing I've got in the late games

Edit: forgot I grabbed Seattle earlier in the week

Last edited:
Trubisky to the locker room, now I'm nervous about my +1 vikes bet.

I bit on the Jags live bet...+2.5 even money and....two minutes later the Broncos score!!!!!:rolleyes:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back