PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: imbecile Gregory Robinson needed an army of "fall guys"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been through those checkpoints while driving through TX and you have no ****ing clue they're coming or that you're supposed to go through them. The difference is I've never carried more weight than a joint.

From my experience all of the checkpoints on the interstate are permanent installations with at the very minimum dedicated cameras trained into the cabin and plate scanners logging into a database.

This particular checkpoint has been on google maps for at least 2 years.

Bill would not approve of the preparation for the opponents tendencies.

Okay, Chicken Littles, read this and complain about the Patriots' drafting, I dare you.

From my experience all of the checkpoints on the interstate are permanent installations with at the very minimum dedicated cameras trained into the cabin and plate scanners logging into a database.

This particular checkpoint has been on google maps for at least 2 years.

Bill would not approve of the preparation for the opponents tendencies.

Yeah the one I went through between Phoenix and El Paso was permanent, concrete structure that you had to go through. I wasn't carrying anything at all and I was still kinda nervous because it looks like **** you see on TV when something is about to go down.

I can understand not even knowing these things exist beforehand. Sometimes it's the questions that we don't know we should have asked that burn us.

Yeah the one I went through between Phoenix and El Paso was permanent, concrete structure that you had to go through. I wasn't carrying anything at all and I was still kinda nervous because it looks like **** you see on TV when something is about to go down.

I can understand not even knowing these things exist beforehand. Sometimes it's the questions that we don't know we should have asked that burn us.

I'll take how many boxes of rolling papers for 157 pounds of weed for $500 Alex.

Imagine the munchies after 157 pounds ?

That is about 500K street value of weed, I am assuming they bought it at bulk value...probably 200Kish.

They stood to only make 300K in profit at best...there were 3 guys in that car...100K each.

A bad offensive tackle makes at least 500K a year.....I will never understand......

upload_2020-2-20_23-15-18.jpeg

Imagine the munchies after 157 pounds ?

As a stoner on an 8 month break it's not the munchies I wonder about, it's how much of a green out.

so...I remember Route 10 out of El Paso going north to Albuquerque...which we did every week back in the day (69-71). Uh, without getting too graphic, we'd always take the back road out of Las Cruces to bypass the checkpoints and reconnect to 10 at Socorro....just sayin':rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The difference is I've never carried more weight than a joint.

yeah yeah yeah...and the check's in the mail, you can trust me and I didn't punch that dogey....

yeah yeah yeah...and the check's in the mail, you can trust me and I didn't punch that dogey....

Considering what a gibbering mesh of jelly I became in the mere 20 minutes of my life I've spent in cuffs (they confused what I was carrying for H) I'm just gonna go ahead and say I'm nowhere near strong enough to be a drug mule and am going to spend the rest of what passes for life dutifully carrying out the whims of the millionaires and billionaires my job serves.

so...I remember Route 10 out of El Paso going north to Albuquerque...which we did every week back in the day (69-71). Uh, without getting too graphic, we'd always take the back road out of Las Cruces to bypass the checkpoints and reconnect to 10 at Socorro....just sayin':rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sounds like Greg could have used sage advice from you on which roads to take out of town.

F****** Waze and its directions :D

That is about 500K street value of weed, I am assuming they bought it at bulk value...probably 200Kish.

They stood to only make 300K in profit at best...there were 3 guys in that car...100K each.

A bad offensive tackle makes at least 500K a year.....I will never understand......

You can take the person out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the person.

Technically he wasnt crossing the border. The Border Patrol has checkpoints along the east west roads inside the US but near the border. They are considered "the functional equivilent of the border" in legal terms for crimes of entry and exity. IF Robinson can prove he and or the drugs, never crossed the border (and did not intend to cross the border) he might be able to escape drug smuggling charges. But he is still in a ****load of trouble legally. He picked a great time to be a free agent!!

As I tried to explain in the JoJuan, eh Jojohn, whatever the latest second round bust DB's name is thread. Once the dog alerts to the drugs, then the search can be expanded. In this case, border search authority still holds too. So their is zero chance of him getting this search tossed on a technicality.

There isn't a functional difference between importing weed and moving it within the U.S. The sentencing ranges are the same (the charges typically brought are importation and possession with intent to distribute the same quantities). He was trucking a load of weed that was more than would be considered for personal use. 100 kg or more is 5 - 40 years under the statute. If he has a clean record, pleads guilty and explains his story, there won't be a mandatory minimum and he starts at 24-30 months imprisonment if he didn't set it up (if he did, then probably 46-57 months).

Checkpoints aren't ports of entry, so there is no border search authority. They allow a certain duration for immigration questioning, during which agents try to build reasonable suspicion and probable cause to search using dogs during the stops.

There isn't a functional difference between importing weed and moving it within the U.S. The sentencing ranges are the same (the charges typically brought are importation and possession with intent to distribute the same quantities). He was trucking a load of weed that was more than would be considered for personal use. 100 kg or more is 5 - 40 years under the statute. If he has a clean record, pleads guilty and explains his story, there won't be a mandatory minimum and he starts at 24-30 months imprisonment if he didn't set it up (if he did, then probably 46-57 months).

Checkpoints aren't ports of entry, so there is no border search authority. They allow a certain duration for immigration questioning, during which agents try to build reasonable suspicion and probable cause to search using dogs during the stops.

I was K9’d last October by traffic enforcement, 40 miles east of Amarillo on the I40. Their only probably cause was the California plates on the Suburban & trailer I rented for my move.

They had pulled over 5 more cars with out of state plates in a 10 mile stretch. Took the dog around the trailer and out of sight for a minute, indicated a hit, took the keys and opened her up. Clearly there was nothing there or I wouldn’t be posting but my point being, probably cause is a joke, handlers know that and can completely profile, claim a positive PC hit and see where it goes. If they find something, heroes. If not, have a nice day, sorry for the inconvenience from the false positive. Im glad the suburban was grey or the scratches left by the dog would have been ****ing expensive.

Protip - If leaving CA with light baggage for a one way trip, hit the 15 north and cut East to Denver via Utah. Much more scenic ;)

I was K9’d last October by traffic enforcement, 40 miles east of Amarillo on the I40. Their only probably cause was the California plates on the Suburban & trailer I rented for my move.

They had pulled over 5 more cars with out of state plates in a 10 mile stretch. Took the dog around the trailer and out of sight for a minute, indicated a hit, took the keys and opened her up. Clearly there was nothing there or I wouldn’t be posting but my point being, probably cause is a joke, handlers know that and can completely profile, claim a positive PC hit and see where it goes. If they find something, heroes. If not, have a nice day, sorry for the inconvenience from the false positive. Im glad the suburban was grey or the scratches left by the dog would have been ****ing expensive.

Protip - If leaving CA with light baggage for a one way trip, hit the 15 north and cut East to Denver via Utah. Much more scenic ;)

Out of state plates are not a reason to pull you over. The police will perform pretext stops (pull you over for a minor actual traffic infraction and use that time to search), but there has to be a violation to make the search legal. The police can be sued if they have no legal basis for a vehicle stop.

Many of these searches utilize legal delay to get to PC. Checkpoints or pretext, it is the same game. The interesting issue in this case at the checkpoint is how many people moving controlled substances fail to realize a checkpoint is on the route until it is too late to reroute (Waze shows the checkpoint). The checkpoint involved in this case has snagged a bunch of celebrities on cross-country trips (Snoop, Willie Nelson, etc.).

You might want to brush up on your law.....

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/homesec/RL31826.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST