PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Former* Patriot named to Eastern League All Star game

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has struck out 95 times in 241 at bats. Against AA pitching.
That's where he's needed to improve. His latest batting average in June and July makes me think he's striking out less and he's improved in that aspect.

261 is an average. An average figures in the number of at bats. Am I missing something?

EDIT 257

i think the question was in relation to how do Tebows numbers compare to other minor leaguers.

Whether he's a nice guy is irrelevant. It's the phony pushing of mediocrity because of someone's religion or because their daddy is a celebrity or politician.

Here's the Eastern League stats. Tebow's average and home runs might not be enough to make the all start team even if he was a gold glove shortstop. It's a fix.

Eastern League 2018 Batting Leaders | Eastern League Stats
Wait a second.... you mean to tell me that a Minor League Baseball exhibition game invited a participant more for the fact that he is a big draw than based on pure statistical merit?!?? This is an outrage!!! That settles it, I am over, done and though with the Eastern League!!!

Last edited:
"former Patriot training camp invitee"
is the better title for the thread

That's where he's needed to improve. His latest batting average in June and July makes me think he's striking out less and he's improved in that aspect.
A 31 year old who struggled against AA pitching is never going to make it in the majors.
Of course he will get there because the Mets will whore out a roster spot to have his followers buy tickets but this guy is not a mlb caliber baseball player.

Be careful, Sammy, curiosity killed the cat.

A 31 year old who struggled against AA pitching is never going to make it in the majors.
Of course he will get there because the Mets will whore out a roster spot to have his followers buy tickets but this guy is not a mlb caliber baseball player.
Tebow may not make the Majors, but he's not struggling at the moment in AA. He's been very successful as of June.

Tebow may not make the Majors, but he's not struggling at the moment in AA. He's been very successful as of June.
No. He is hitting 270 with 95 Ks in 241 AB against AA pitching. That sucks.

You aren't listening to what I'm saying. Tebow is playing very well as of June. You can say "No" all you want, but you're arguing with things from your imagination that I never said.

You aren't listening to what I'm saying. Tebow is playing very well as of June. You can say "No" all you want, but you're arguing with things from your imagination that I never said.
Baseball is about hot and cold.
Even hitting .300 with little power as a 31 year old at AA still pretty much sucks and that’s his big hit streak.

A .270 hitter on a .300 hit steak did not become a .300 hitter, he is a .270 hitter in a groove.
More than the average, the strikeouts are horrific. Striking out at that level at AA signals that he will have no prayer of hitting major league pitchers.

A quick check of the stats shows he is indeed hitting very well over the past 10 games at .353. Furthermore, his .270 batting average puts him in roughly the top 3rd of the Eastern League among all qualifying hitters. However, he does not hit terribly well for power and his OPS is smack dab in the middle of qualifying batters.

Within the context of the Eastern League, he is playing reasonably well. He is not making a fool of himself and has clearly earned his roster spot. However, as you pointed out above, he probably isn't exactly going to make the Bigs anytime soon (read: at all). He would have to maintain that .353 streak for an extended period of time just to get his average up over .300.

Being a "glass half full" person...:)...lets give T Squared a bit of credit for what he is accomplishing on the baseball field. Consider he has...
....Not played organized baseball between 2005-2016
....Only played 1.5 seasons of minor league ball
The man is chasing a dream
And passing up on easy media $$$$$
Succeeding in AA is an accomplishment given that's where teams place their best young talent. (AAA is storage for older players who are MLB subs at best)

I went to a Tebow single A game last summer and my thoughts back then:
-Physically, he was the man among the boys. Big, strong, thick upper body who mashed when he made contact. He ripped a liner that almost tore the glove out of the CF's hand.
-He was up there hacking away ....and I'm guessing that was the plan
-His fielding was close to inept. Could not read the ball coming off the bat. Hands of stone in the glove. His hulking physique seemed to limit his throwing ability.

Last point. He quadrupled attendance verses a typical summer night in Jupiter, Fl and the home team played up Tebow's visit and benefitted at the gate and concessions....and the buzz when Tebow was in the on deck circle was pretty cool.
And T Squared did a typical T Squared move....entering the stands to greet a bunch of wheel chair kids treating them like little kings.
While I don't think he'll ever be MLB worthy....I am rooting for him to succeed. He's good people.

All I want to know if he has ever "knocked off a piece" or if he is still saving himself for that special man or woman..

Praise the Lord....
I’d love to have seen your reaction had it been about a Muslim ball player instead and someone else made this post and ended it with “Allahu Akbar....”

How DARE he have an ounce of moral fiber. Got to love the “tolerant” people knocking Tebow down..

Being a "glass half full" person...:)...lets give T Squared a bit of credit for what he is accomplishing on the baseball field. Consider he has...
....Not played organized baseball between 2005-2016
....Only played 1.5 seasons of minor league ball
The man is chasing a dream
And passing up on easy media $$$$$
Succeeding in AA is an accomplishment given that's where teams place their best young talent. (AAA is storage for older players who are MLB subs at best)
This this this.

The talent at AA is legit. People assume AAA is so much better because, you know, it’s got that extra A.... but in many cases AAA is just a team’s extended bullpen/bench whereas the legit prospects and future stars are getting regular work at the AA level.

Heck I’ve even been to many Lowell Spinners (single-A) games back when I could practically walk to the ballpark and there’s legit talent there too, although it’s not always apparent at the time.

So...if I go to this ball park to see His Holiness will Sports Blob...er..Babe Brandy be there? and her staunch defender Remarker?

and yes, I still clearly remember that onslaught of Tebowites when he spent a summer here and I still consider SportsBabeBrandy a moron and Remarker, the Tampa Bay prison guard, a complete schmuck. In case you're still silently trolling this board. Jerkoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft