PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Former* Patriot named to Eastern League All Star game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love to have seen your reaction had it been about a Muslim ball player instead and someone else made this post and ended it with “Allahu Akbar....”

When one gets the following and deity status that Tim Tebow has, will probably say the same.. but that is not important in a world that prejudges things and events..

Praise the lord..

When one gets the following and deity status that Tim Tebow has, will probably say the same.. but that is not important in a world that prejudges things and events..

Praise the lord..
Just remember that the next time someone takes a **** on Islam or any other religion for which your ideals (political or other) more closely align. You either show tolerance for all of them across the board or it’s all open game. You don’t get to pick and choose.

Just remember that the next time someone takes a **** on Islam or any other religion for which your ideals (political or other) more closely align. You either show tolerance for all of them across the board or it’s all open game. You don’t get to pick and choose.
why not, everyone else does

:)

serious, I dont get the disdain for the man from someone that claims tolerance

i think the question was in relation to how do Tebows numbers compare to other minor leaguers.

Nobody cares about other minor league outfielders with similar stats. I posted all league stats so I don't understand your point.

Tebow has been a steady draw in the minors as a curiosity, so who’s to say that might not earn him a ticket to the show

Be careful. You know what curiosity did to the cat.

i think the question was in relation to how do Tebows numbers compare to other minor leaguers.

That's why I posted a link to the Eastern league stats. Why not make a thread about Jason Martin? He's hitting 325, has more home runs than Tebow and an on base percentage over 900 [Tebow 740] and he plays center field, a much more valuable position. And he's 22 which means he might have a chance to play in the pros instead of hogging a roster spot for a late in life fantasy.

Wait a second.... you mean to tell me that a Minor League Baseball exhibition game invited a participant more for the fact that he is a big draw than based on pure statistical merit?!?? This is an outrage!!! That settles it, I am over, done and though with the Eastern League!!!

Doesn't matter to me. Probably does to the kid who's having a great season and hopes to get noticed for a chance at his dream, but gets bumped for a lesser player.

Doesn't matter to me. Probably does to the kid who's having a great season and hopes to get noticed for a chance at his dream, but gets bumped for a lesser player.
LOL!! Yes, I am sure you are genuinely weeping and wailing for the poor, poor kid who's "having a great season and hopes to get noticed for a chance at his dream".... ROFL!!! Gimme a break

The MLB itself has stupid little gimmicks which result in less-worthy players making the All Star Exhibition game, stop acting like you give 2 sh*ts about what the Double-A Eastern League does. This is all about being anti-Tebow.

LOL!! Yes, I am sure you are genuinely weeping and wailing for the poor, poor kid who's "having a great season and hopes to get noticed for a chance at his dream".... ROFL!!! Gimme a break

The MLB itself has stupid little gimmicks which result in less-worthy players making the All Star Exhibition game, stop acting like you give 2 sh*ts about what the Double-A Eastern League does. This is all about being anti-Tebow.

You don't care about some kid who dedicates his life to following his dream of playing major league baseball and misses his big chance to play in an all star game, possibly furthering that dream? Well, I guess that's why you're you and I'm me.

You don't care about some kid who dedicates his life to following his dream of playing major league baseball and misses his big chance to play in an all star game, possibly furthering that dream? Well, I guess that's why you're you and I'm me.
I would bet anything you couldn't name 2 players besides Tebow in the entire Eastern League without looking it up, so please spare us the faux outrage and crocodile tears. Unlike you, I am smart enough to know that if this hypothetical baseball player is good enough to further his dream, then making or missing one extra game is not going to matter one bit.

Funny how you're not wise enough to realize that the extra attention Tebow brings to the game by being there helps 40-something other kids having great seasons who have dedicated their lives to following their dreams. I guess they don't matter though.

We get it. You hate Tebow. We both know why you hate him and well, I guess that's why you're you and I'm me.

Last edited:

This is a sports forum, not a political one.. I have tolerance for all religions, but less for extreme views on any religion no matter what they espouse..

Tired of hearing the same limp dycked response to the same stimulus... criticize Tebow ergo it is some sort of defense of the muslim religion. Athletes are athletes, not some sort of deity who are going save us from something..

Ray Lewis anyone??

Telling me what I should or should not do, is not part of this game.. perhaps your lofty view of yourself got in the way of reality, again!!

Last edited:
This is a sports forum, not a political one.. I have tolerance for all religions, but less for extreme views on any religion no matter what they espouse..

You were the one who introduced his beliefs in a mocking manner into it. I merely responded and pointed out the hypocrisy. Given how you’d used to preach tolerance whenever someone was critical of Islam (the term “Islamaphobe” was tossed out a couple of times), you clearly have more tolerance for some religions than others. That’s fine. But then religion should be open game to be mocked and joked on across the board and you would have no business preaching tolerance. Being selective is illogical and hypocritical.

Tired of hearing the same limp dycked response to the same stimulus... criticize Tebow ergo it is some sort of defense of the muslim religion. Athletes are athletes, not some sort of deity who are going save us from something..

You’re “tired of hearing” it because it makes sense. That’s why you’re getting angry right now. You’re aware that you’re being a hypocrite. And nobody claimed that Tebow was a deity. Perhaps I need to research it some more but I don’t even think Tebow himself claimed that.

Telling me what I should or should not do, is not part of this game.. perhaps your lofty view of yourself got in the way of reality, again!!

I personally don’t care what you do or don’t do in life. But on here, you should pipe down when someone criticizes another religion given your willingness to take potshots at one of them. Like I said, it’s all open game or we should all practice tolerance for all of them. Pick one or another. I’m in the former’s camp. You’ve previously preached for the latter. That’s why it’s quite shocking to see you not practicing that “tolerance” that you’ve stumped about so many times before.

I would bet anything you couldn't name 2 players besides Tebow in the entire Eastern League without looking it up, so please spare us the faux outrage and crocodile tears. Unlike you, I am smart enough to know that if this hypothetical baseball player is good enough to further his dream, then making or missing one extra game is not going to matter one bit.

Funny how you're not wise enough to realize that the extra attention Tebow brings to the game by being there helps 40-something other kids having great seasons who have dedicated their lives to following their dreams. I guess they don't matter though.

We get it. You hate Tebow. We both know why you hate him and well, I guess that's why you're you and I'm me.

That's not my point. Most players are in the minor leagues because they have a long shot of fulfilling their dream of playing major league baseball. Do you dispute that? There are a lot more players in the minors than their are slots, but they give upother things to go for their dream.

They're just faces in the crowd, looking for any chance to stand out. I doubt there are many, even if they play well. Making an all star game would be one of the few stand out opportunities.

At 31 in AA, Tebow has little opportunity to make the majors, except as a curiosity, a celebrity. His stats in no way are that of an all star. If he makes the team, some deserving kid, who's doing it for the right reasons for a chance to make the majors, misses out on that exposure to someone doing it for ego.

I don't need to know the Eastern league rosters. I like people who succeed through talent, hard work and perseverance, not circus side shows who have their positions through celebrity

Last edited:

I don't hate him, I think he's comical. I do feel sorry for anybody who has put the work in getting pushed aside so the bosses son or some celebrity can get something they don't deserve, like an all star game.

I like people who succeed through talent, hard work and perseverance, not circus side shows who have their positions through celebrity
Tebow belonged in that All Star game. I read yesterday that he hit a double in that All Star game. So Tebow was not out of place.

I don't hate him, I think he's comical. I do feel sorry for anybody who has put the work in getting pushed aside so the bosses son or some celebrity can get something they don't deserve, like an all star game.
In an AA all star game, ?

can you give a name or two of people that deserved to go more than Tebow, who was pushed aside because tim was a celebrity ?

I get the Crazies follow tbow thing, that is why idont gush my pants when hes mentioned , but i dont get the deep rooted disdain for him because of his jesus freaks followers

That's not my point. Most players are in the minor leagues because they have a long shot of fulfilling their dream of playing major league baseball. Do you dispute that? There are a lot more players in the minors than their are slots, but they give upother things to go for their dream.

They're just faces in the crowd, looking for any chance to stand out. I doubt there are many, even if they play well. Making an all star game would be one of the few stand out opportunities.

At 31 in AA, Tebow has little opportunity to make the majors, except as a curiosity, a celebrity. His stats in no way are that of an all star. If he makes the team, some deserving kid, who's doing it for the right reasons for a chance to make the majors, misses out on that exposure to someone doing it for ego.

I don't need to know the Eastern league rosters. I like people who succeed through talent, hard work and perseverance, not circus side shows who have their positions through celebrity
If you don’t think Tebow is talented and is also working hard, then I just don’t know what to tell you.

Go cry me a river over your faux sanctimony and outrage over player #26 who got left off the roster. This is a double-A baseball exhibition game. It’s hardly the first sporting event to give a slot to an athlete based on factors beyond performance.

And I notice you ignored the part about how 49 other Eastern League players with dreams of playing MLB benefitted tremendously by the increased exposure they all received. But I guess those 49 players don’t count.

Yes we are all sure you’re losing sleep about player #26 in the 6-team Eastern League’s Eastern Conference.

Tell us, we’re you this sanctimonious about Michael Jordan 20+ years ago when some hard working kid got pushed aside from the Birmingham Barons roster so that Jordan could play everyday?

Some of you have Tim Tebow all wrong. Here's how I see it, to me he's extraordinarily similar to Mother Teresa. She was as selfless as human beings can be, religion or not, working tirelessly with the poor and needy such as the lepers in Calcutta. Tim Tebow in a strikingly similar vein works tirelessly for the lepers of Major League Baseball, the New York Mets.

Kidding aside, like him or not for his religious expediency, he's just a human being not a walker on water, under a microscope that he chose to be under, making more choices that may one day reveal a person similar to a Lonesome Rhodes or a Will Rogers or the someone closer to the person a lot of people want to believe he is.

Oh, I don't know. I'm just a drunk, impotent, creepy writer of Harlequin romance novels with a desperate love of football hiding in the shadowy boogers of society. What do I know what's really in someone's heart and soul? That's for those with imagination or faith. In other words, take 2 and hit to right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back