PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Former* Patriot named to Eastern League All Star game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tebow has been a steady draw in the minors as a curiosity, so who’s to say that might not earn him a ticket to the show

Why does he keep making the news? Yeah he was a great college player. So was everyone else on those Florida teams. I' m glad he has maybe found his niche in baseball but why is the media still obsessed with him?

I really am rooting for him to succeed. There really is nothing to dislike about the guy, but isn't AA the furthest that MJ made it when he tried to switch sports?

I really am rooting for him to succeed. There really is nothing to dislike about the guy, but isn't AA the furthest that MJ made it when he tried to switch sports?
I saw Jordan play AA ball. Before he quit, and went back to basketball, the White Sox were probably moving him up to AAA the next year if he continued playing. Jordan was having success at the plate in AA. He was a good outfielder but he had the weakest arm of all the AA outfielders I saw that day. I don't think Jordan would have made the big leagues either, but it was fun watching him play. And I think Jordan enjoyed playing baseball.

Why does he keep making the news? Yeah he was a great college player. So was everyone else on those Florida teams. I' m glad he has maybe found his niche in baseball but why is the media still obsessed with him?

I think the media is obsessed with him because they know he has a massive following of folks who wish him well.

Living here on Long Guyland, I'm thinking there's a chance he could get called up in September, we could see him play at CitiField, and I'm guessing he would pack the house.

Of course, he wouldn't play if the Mets are in contention then...

https://nypost.com/2018/06/27/tim-tebow-suddenly-looking-like-a-pro-baseball-player/

Sounds like he's playing really well. I'm happy for him.

He probably won't make the bigs but he's probably enjoying competing. That's how he is from what I've read.

Are we cherry picking for the Lord?

His actual stats, which are also in that NYPost article, BTW.

"In 67 games, the 30-year-old former Florida and NFL quarterback is batting .261 with 12 doubles, 5 home runs and 30 RBIs."

Tebow named to Eastern League All-Star team

Last edited:
If he continues to improve, he might get a call up when he's forty. I mean, isn't it fair to compare him to the hundreds [thousands?] of players at his age and production in AA and AAA?

Whether he's a nice guy is irrelevant. It's the phony pushing of mediocrity because of someone's religion or because their daddy is a celebrity or politician.

Here's the Eastern League stats. Tebow's average and home runs might not be enough to make the all start team even if he was a gold glove shortstop. It's a fix.

Eastern League 2018 Batting Leaders | Eastern League Stats

All I want to know if he has ever "knocked off a piece" or if he is still saving himself for that special man or woman..

Praise the Lord....

Given your presence in this thread, you too are drawn to the man.

Whether he's a nice guy is irrelevant. It's the phony pushing of mediocrity because of someone's religion or because their daddy is a celebrity or politician.

Here's the Eastern League stats. Tebow's average and home runs might not be enough to make the all start team even if he was a gold glove shortstop. It's a fix.

Eastern League 2018 Batting Leaders | Eastern League Stats
Did you factor in Tebow's number of AB's compared to the other AA hitters before you marginalized him?

Did you factor in Tebow's number of AB's compared to the other AA hitters before you marginalized him?

261 is an average. An average figures in the number of at bats. Am I missing something?

EDIT 257

Are we cherry picking for the Lord?

His actual stats, which are also in that NYPost article, BTW.

"In 67 games, the 30-year-old former Florida and NFL quarterback is batting .261 with 12 doubles, 5 home runs and 30 RBIs."

Tebow named to Eastern League All-Star team
Not cherry pickin, people like an athlete when he's on a roll. And Tebow's on a roll right now.
For improving Tim Tebow, it's now or never for MLB promotion

Hitting .390 in July and .305 in June, Tebow bumped his season batting average up from .234, where it sat on the last day of May, to .270.

The surge made him an All-Star, at least a minor league All-Star, and speculation is growing that Tebow could get promoted to Triple A or even the big leagues later this season.

If Tebow moves up to AAA or higher, it's cause he's playing really well at present.

Hitting .390 in July is pretty good. And so is 305 for the month of June.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots