PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Former* Patriot named to Eastern League All Star game

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you define hypocrisy, from your "selective memory"??? Any evidence I ever used the word "Islamaphobe"??? Do not ever recall using that word.. my memory is also challenged regarding instances where I preached tolerance. Many assumptions few facts...

FYI do not have much tolerance for any organized religion.. particularly those who involved public displays of it during a sporting event. When a Muslim player bows to mecca after a good play let me know..

Tebow is having a mediocre AA year.. .277 avg, .341 OBP and .407 slugging. As much as many fans want this 30 year old to make an impact on the major leagues, there is no indication it will occur.. if he does make it to the major leagues, fans will be drawn to the seats as he just another roadside attraction.

When he did his brief stint with the Pats and went to TC, sat in the aluminum seats next to a woman and her son... as I normally do struck up a conversation.. I asked her how long was she a Pats fan?? She told me she did not like the NFL and did not want her son to ever play football came up to see Tebow from her home in Western Ct. That is a long drive to see a guy from afar for non football reasons..

That’s weird that you don’t have much tolerance for organized religion considering some previous posts from less than two years ago...

Kaine ties to Hamas and Islam

and

Kaine ties to Hamas and Islam

Like I said, as long as you’re aware that you’re a hypocrite when you spout the kind of crap you did in your OP, that’s all I care about. Just don’t whine when a religion or a religious figure with which you more closely align gets the same treatment. Either be tolerant to and for all of them or accept them all as open game, able to be mocked.

How is it bizarre to suggest that a double-A player would be helped by getting more national attention than he otherwise would get? Well, I suppose if someone went out and played poorly and made errors in that game then the increased attention would not have helped.....

But do you really not see how a minor league baseball player who is trying to make a name for himself would benefit from increased attention and media presence at their all star game? Really..?!?

Are you assuming that players at AA, who have been named All Stars, need help getting on the radar? Of whom? Scouts don't know who they are until they check the box score of the AA All Star Game? This game wasn't televised, so it can't be random fans.

Do you follow baseball? You really think this is how things work? Every single other player that was at that All Star game is a better prospect and more known by scouts than Tebow. So that said, who are they trying to make their name to? All that matters at that level are scouts' and management's opinions of a player.

Having increased attention and media presence focused on the game helps all the other players participating in the game who are trying to make a name for themselves and get noticed.
Except the one who didn't make it to the game because the last spot was taken.

LOL!! This is hilarious. On the one hand, I got @Hercules Rockefeller arguing with me over how worthless the All-Star Game is. Then, on the other hand, I got @RayClay still curled up in the fetal position, weeping and wailing for player #25 whose life long dream is completely ruined because he got left off the Eastern League All Star Game.

You guys crack me up!!

First Johnny Manziel traded to the Montreal Alouettes and now Tim is done for the season, hopefully he recovers well.. for that almost 31 year old the clock is ticking quickly..

Thank goodness the offseason is just about over..

Report: Tim Tebow Will Have Surgery to Repair Hand Injury; Likely Out for Season

Writer said a september call out was possible for the 31 year old player with the hand injury. Oh well, at least the all star stint is good for book sales.
LOL!! This is hilarious. On the one hand, I got @Hercules Rockefeller arguing with me over how worthless the All-Star Game is. Then, on the other hand, I got @RayClay still curled up in the fetal position, weeping and wailing for player #25 whose life long dream is completely ruined because he got left off the Eastern League All Star Game.

You guys crack me up!!

While you try to catch your breath after a brief Tebow sighting :flutter:

At least we still have Tyler Gaffney playing for the Altoona Curve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back