PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dolphins Owner Steven Ross Suspended, Picks Forfeited, For Tampering With Brady, Payton

I'm disappointed that I was wrong, not because I feel personally wronged by Tom Brady, but because what he did was lousy.
Well said.
How You Doin Hello GIF by SVT

"Im not posting this stuff to try and expose the Pats as cheaters... but its exactly what I'm implying..."

Jesus ... Man, you are jumping thru every hoop, posting every bit of innuendo you can find trying to prove beyond a doubt that the Patriots have tampered with players in the hopes that it absolves Tamper Brady ...

Guess what - it doesn't. Tom Brady made a shi tty play in talking with the lieami dolphins multiple times over the course of 2019.

Nothing you say can or will make it alright because "we (maybe) did it too"
Tampering is against the rules but every team does it so the Patriots are not more guilty or more innocent than anyone else. Its pretty much a league wide thing. Kind of like stealing signals. The Pats did do that. So did multiple other teams. I've never tried to give Brady a pass in this. The most I've done is try to explain his mind set.

Tampering is against the rules but every team does it so the Patriots are not more guilty or more innocent than anyone else. Its pretty much a league wide thing. Kind of like stealing signals. The Pats did do that. So did multiple other teams. I've never tried to give Brady a pass in this. The most I've done is try to explain his mind set.

:rolleyes:

explain his mindset?

pardon me, i think you mean excuse his behavior.

Looks like Tom Brady is going to be buying his own drinks for the rest of his life in Boston.

Please list all of the players you can confirm were tampered with all season long while in the last year of their contract.
Please list his many of those were tampered with by a division rival who won 1 division title since that player started.
Hell please list all of the players even crappy ones that you can confirm
we’re tampered with.
If every team does it you should have many examples.

How would you have any clue what Tom Brady’s mindset was?
What criteria do you use to understand why he conspired with a direct competitor to the detriment of his own team and teammates?

:rolleyes:

explain his mindset?

pardon me, i think you mean excuse his behavior.
Look it. Its obvious you don't like Brady and I do. And you don't to the degree that you think he had zero justification to be unhappy or hurt that he was being led to pasture when he still was an elite talent and in his mind would be for years to come. I actually understand BB being skeptical of that because no one ever has done what Brady has. At the same time try step in Brady's shoes. Shoes that were worn by the most obsessed perfectionist player anyone has ever seen. Imagine that mindset and try not to be surprised that he responded to another team that to him might just believed in him more. Now you can just dismiss that and go to a lazy Brady's just greedy and selfish if you want. Up to you.

"Im not posting this stuff to try and expose the Pats as cheaters... but its exactly what I'm implying..."

Jesus ... Man, you are jumping thru every hoop, posting every bit of innuendo you can find trying to prove beyond a doubt that the Patriots have tampered with players in the hopes that it absolves Tamper Brady ...

Guess what - it doesn't. Tom Brady made a shi tty play in talking with the lieami dolphins multiple times over the course of 2019.

Nothing you say can or will make it alright because "we (maybe) did it too"
If anyone has proof that Brady's conversations with Miami effected the scoreboard or the team's winning percentage in 2019 then I'd like to see it. Otherwise why all the complaining?

If anyone has proof that Brady's conversations with Miami effected the scoreboard or the team's winning percentage in 2019 then I'd like to see it. Otherwise why all the complaining?
The proof?
Brady skipped off season workouts for the first time.
Brady sat out tons of practices for the first time.
Brady played the worst football of his career in the second half of the season.

Look it. Its obvious you don't like Brady and I do. And you don't to the degree that you think he had zero justification to be unhappy or hurt that he was being led to pasture when he still was an elite talent and in his mind would be for years to come. I actually understand BB being skeptical of that because no one ever has done what Brady has. At the same time try step in Brady's shoes. Shoes that were worn by the most obsessed perfectionist player anyone has ever seen. Imagine that mindset and try not to be surprised that he responded to another team that to him might just believed in him more. Now you can just dismiss that and go to a lazy Brady's just greedy and selfish if you want. Up to you.
A 53 million dollar contract isn’t being put out to pasture.

Do you not understand that Brady was conspiring behind the scenes with an opponent?
Are you really saying that’s ok because his feelings were hurt, so instead of focussing on the season, it was fine that he was soaking up
Anti patriot propaganda and allowing a competitor to harm his own team by breaking the rules?
You say all of this under the guise that this guy while showing no loyalty deserved absolute loyalty otherwise his disloyalty is justified?
You sound like a Cold War Russian defector defending why he stole secrets for the enemy.

Folks defending Brady and dismissing his actions as harmless should engage in a simple exercise:

Ask yourself how you would perceive this situation - a player under contract with their current team engaging in specific, detailed, and ongoing contract discussions with a division rival over the course of 4-6+ months, beginning during training camp and continuing throughout the entirety of the regular and post season - if that player was Aaron Rodgers.

I'd be curious what thoughts and feelings such a scenario would evoke. Perhaps I'm wrong, but my sense is that Rodgers would be (rightfully) lambasted by nearly poster here, and if this hypothetical scenario had happened during the year 2015, for instance, I'd imagine there would be a frequent narrative along the lines of: "Can you imagine Brady doing THIS type of thing? Sleazy backdoor meetings on yachts? Throwing in the towel on his current team? No way! That's what sets him apart from Rodgers, that's what makes Brady the GOAT, that's the mentality, discipline, and outlook that makes him so good! Brady has character. Rodgers is an ego-driven diva who only cares about himself."

And I'd agree with that; I'd be one of the people saying those things because I think that's all true. If you have presented me with this situation as a hypothetical, before it happened, and asked me if Brady would be above doing this type of thing, I would have said "yes, he is". I'm disappointed that I was wrong, not because I feel personally wronged by Tom Brady, but because what he did was lousy.
Your point is well taken. I would ask you to go through the same exercise from the point of view of Brady. If I were fortunate to be in his shoes, I would be furious with BB and the pats organization. Not only did he put massive effort and energy into being the GOAT leader and QB leading to 6 super bowls, but along the way he repeatedly agreed to take below market deals to help the pats with team building.
He gave EVERYTHING he had to the organization...and when he finally requested a commitment both financially and duration wise commensurate with what he had given to the organization...BB (and Kraft did not step in) said no. On top of that they made a big deal about him working with his preferred trainer and showed him up on that issue by banning his trainer from the facilities. Must have felt to him like getting stabbed in the back. Since we know Brady is uber competitive....he probably wanted some vengeance against BB and what better way for him to show BB the mistake he made by joining the intradivisional arch rival. Was it the ethical and right thing to do?...probably not...but even Tom is human and desire for revenge is a powerful human emotion. TB12 did so much for this organization including BB....BB did not in any way reciprocate, TB was understandably pissed off beyond reason and took it too far. I think those closest to TB12 also felt the Pats FO did him wrong (His dad and Gisellle...undoubtedly fueled the fire).

I hope all the Pats fans will realize that TB12 deserves ongoing respect and admiration for the joy he brought to us former long suffering pats fans and not let this understandable human error stain his legacy. Continue to build bridges and repair the damage with him.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with his "justification to be unhappy"... It has nothing to do with the dollar amount... And if anyone is being intellectually lazy its you..

It has everything to do with the prolonged tampering being a severe detriment to the Patriots... A team you are supposedly a "fan" of... He literally would be playing for the dolphins right now if Ross hadn't balked at TB12 therapy storefronts being put into his national chain of health clubs... Brady did something incredibly wrong...

I find it amazing how far people will go in defending his actions and rationalizing his decisions...

TB12 deserves ongoing respect and admiration for the joy he brought to us former long suffering pats fans and not let this understandable human error stain his legacy. Continue to build bridges and repair the damage with him.
Bull sh it.

Tom Bradys accomplishments deserve to be admired because of what they mean to this team... be proud of the history of accomplishments...

But for Tom Brady himself? eff that... He's already proven what he thinks of this team... Which is little to nothing... He deserves jack **** going forward while hes wearing another teams jersey.

It has everything to do with the prolonged tampering being a severe detriment to the Patriots
The tampering had absolutely zero detriment to the Patriots. explain to me what detriment it had on the patriots?

The tampering had absolutely zero detriment to the Patriots. explain to me what detriment it had on the patriots?
Interference with contract negotiations. We know that an offer of ownership was on the table. We know they offered him a chance to play. Brady walks into contract negotiations with the Patriots full well knowing he's got a deal in play in Miami. The negotiations got so far as to include TB12 storefronts at a nationwide health club chain that Ross owns. That ultimately caused Ross to balk, which eventually killed the deal. But one has to ask how far down the road did that become the deal breaker.

Brady was still under contract with the Patriots. There were multiple conversations with Brady and beal, starting as early as august 2019. Classic, Textbook if you will, tortious interference.

You don't think that is detrimental to the Patriots efforts to retain his services?

Last edited:
1) Brady’s play and attitude were clearly affected by it
2) Brady left.

What about Bradys attitude?

Brady engaged in tampering while under contract on 2 teams.

You cant say that Brady did not tamper. It takes 2 parties to tamper. Players are only allowed to tamper [speak to other teams while under contract ] with the consent of the team that controls that players rights. Its a shame that the Patriots did not find out what was going on until Bradys contract was expired.

They could have traded him for at least a couple of 1st round picks no problem.

"I'm the most miserable 8-0 quarterback in football".

That's a direct quote form the leader of the 2019 Patriots. The team captain. The one that everyone on the team looked up to, and believed in. That right there is proof that Brady gave up on the season, and worse gave up every player, coach, and anybody else involved with the Patriots. How kind of him to wait till after the trading deadline. BB could have gotten a bus full of picks for a malcontent that the entire team should have refused to play with.

I didn't get the answer to my question
Because your question was garbage!

It was based on a false premise like "do you still beat your wife?".

I didn't invent the whole thing.
Yes you did.

I think it's more likely than not the Pats knew of the trouble brewing in Pittsburg and plenty of Pats players had to be aware of Blount's feelings about landing back here. I thinks its unlikely they all kept it a secret from coaches. And It's not a big stretch to imagine that most teams wouldn't want to take a chance on a disgruntled player that walked out on his team. Nor is it a big stretch to imagine him being welcome back here especially since he was a good teammate here and his side of the story very may have been communicated to the "lots of guys" Blount said he stayed close to. Of course I cant prove this but why is it so hard to swallow that the Pats would let him know he'd be welcome back here?
This is a textbook example of making :poop: up!

Every point you are making is disclaimed by saying that it is just supposition.

Given you admit everything you are saying is made up, it's pretty natural to ask what motivates you to do so.

Clearly you have an agenda to push.

Either that, or you're a garden variety idiot.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back