PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dolphins Owner Steven Ross Suspended, Picks Forfeited, For Tampering With Brady, Payton

McCourty is overrated. After he quickly flamed out as a CB in the NFL he got banished to deep center for the remainder of his career. Thuney also overrated... never a top 5 G... that franchise tag was one of the dumbest moves ever. Their money would have been much better serviced in a Brady contract.

What sense does it make that Brady would threaten to hold out the 2019 season because he accepted phone calls from Miami? Zero sense. If he even in fact "threatened to hold out" then it was because he didn't want to play under another incentive laden contract... period, end of story, nothing else to it. There's not even any confirmation that Brady had taken calls from Miami before signing his final contract with New England.

Brady wanted the franchise tag clause because he didn't want to play under the franchise tag... he wanted a lower term commitment and New England wasn't offering... what proof do you have that Brady "rejected a 2-year $53 mil contract offer"? Show me the details of this supposed contract offer (guaranteed money, etc.).

I'm at the same conclusion... Brady's conversations with Miami had no impact on the 2019 season... therefore I don't care even 1% that he talked to Miami, especially considering that he blew them off and signed with Tampa Bay.

Oh please with this rubbish. You're seeing it on this very forum... Pats fans defending Brady. You in particular compulsively ridicule Brady, which is pretty odd for a supposed diehard Pats fan. He gave you the best 20 years of your fandom. His relationship with the team soured for many reasons (contracts, Guerrero, declining roster, Belichick fatigue) so he sought employment elsewhere. It's worked out perfectly for Brady and New England still has Belichick and their next franchise quarterback.
McCourty and Thuney were 2 of the best players on the 2019 team. If you don’t bring them back, in addition to all the other players you didn’t bring back, and couldn’t afford to replace, the 2020 team is much worse than the 2019 that couldn’t win with Brady. It would have been worse than 2019 and had no chance to win.

He threatened something to cause them to hand him an extra 9 mill, waive the tag right and get nothing out of it.
Miami offering him ownership tarnished the negotiations. That’s why tampering is illegal. If the 2 year 53 mill extension was so bad why did he signed a 2 yr 41 mill extension 2 years earlier? One thing changed. Miami tampered.

Brady’s attitude changed markedly as soon as Miami tampered and he played the worst football of his life the second half of 2019. That’s pretty iron clad proof it affected the team. It also cost them 9 mill and the right to tag him. It also cost them their qb in 2020.

He threatened something to cause them to hand him an extra 9 mill, waive the tag right and get nothing out of it.
Miami offering him ownership tarnished the negotiations. That’s why tampering is illegal. If the 2 year 53 mill extension was so bad why did he signed a 2 yr 41 mill extension 2 years earlier? One thing changed. Miami tampered.

Brady’s attitude changed markedly as soon as Miami tampered and he played the worst football of his life the second half of 2019. That’s pretty iron clad proof it affected the team. It also cost them 9 mill and the right to tag him. It also cost them their qb in 2020.
So the team finished the 2019 season 2-4 because of Brady's conversations with Miami? Do you realize how absurd that sounds? I went through every loss of the season:
1. Lost to the team with the league's best record.
2. Lost to the team that won the Super Bowl.
3. Lost to Deshaun Watson and his 4 TDs.
4. Lost to Miami on a last minute game-winning TD drive against the defense.
5. The Boogeymen got bulldozed by Derrick Henry.

Every team they lost to was better than them except for Miami and Brady gave them the lead late in that fourth quarter which doesn't sound like a quarterback who had checked out on his team.

What's the excuse for the 1-3 finish in 2020 and the 1-4 finish in 2021? You should be concerned with the fact that the team's falling apart like clockwork come December.

Where's your confirmation of EXACTLY when Brady's conversations with Miami started? Then line it up with Brady's contract discussions with New England. Once you can show me that then maybe we'd have more to consider. As it stands now it's far more plausible that Brady's contract talks with New England were tarnished by the insulting offers. Not sure where you're getting this 2-year $53 mil contract offer? Again show me confirmation and details.

The "extra 9 mil" reportedly was a conversion of incentive money. Brady's request for the no franchise clause was a guarantee for him to look elsewhere after the 2019 season. He was done with the one-year contracts so this took that off the table. The Patriots agreed with the clause because either they didn't truly believe in the player any longer or the Krafts were doing Brady a farewell solid. I'm on record as saying they shouldn't have agreed with having the clause in the contract... it was not in the best interests of the team.

There's no evidence or even slightest indication that Brady's conversations with Miami effected Brady's contract negotiations with New England or the 2019 season.

Significant injuries had a lot more to do with how he played than anything else last half of 2019. Edelman was always hurt and Brady's shoulder was hurt I remember.

So the team finished the 2019 season 2-4 because of Brady's conversations with Miami? Do you realize how absurd that sounds? I went through every loss of the season:
1. Lost to the team with the league's best record.
2. Lost to the team that won the Super Bowl.
3. Lost to Deshaun Watson and his 4 TDs.
4. Lost to Miami on a last minute game-winning TD drive against the defense.
5. The Boogeymen got bulldozed by Derrick Henry.

Every team they lost to was better than them except for Miami and Brady gave them the lead late in that fourth quarter which doesn't sound like a quarterback who had checked out on his team.

What's the excuse for the 1-3 finish in 2020 and the 1-4 finish in 2021? You should be concerned with the fact that the team's falling apart like clockwork come December.

Where's your confirmation of EXACTLY when Brady's conversations with Miami started? Then line it up with Brady's contract discussions with New England. Once you can show me that then maybe we'd have more to consider. As it stands now it's far more plausible that Brady's contract talks with New England were tarnished by the insulting offers. Not sure where you're getting this 2-year $53 mil contract offer? Again show me confirmation and details.

The "extra 9 mil" reportedly was a conversion of incentive money. Brady's request for the no franchise clause was a guarantee for him to look elsewhere after the 2019 season. He was done with the one-year contracts so this took that off the table. The Patriots agreed with the clause because either they didn't truly believe in the player any longer or the Krafts were doing Brady a farewell solid. I'm on record as saying they shouldn't have agreed with having the clause in the contract... it was not in the best interests of the team.

There's no evidence or even slightest indication that Brady's conversations with Miami effected Brady's contract negotiations with New England or the 2019 season.
The team finished 2-4 because Brady played the worst football of his life. You would have to be blind to not recognize that him not wanting to be here, and having a crap attitude all year contributed to that. You would have to be blind to not see that a rival tampering with him, turning him against the organization and telling him he should be the owner was responsible.
Your excuses for losing wouldn’t have worked against an all-in Tom Brady.

Those teams weren’t better if Brady played like Brady QBs lol the Texans were better than the Patriots.

The finish in 2020 was also because we had a QB playing like crap and in 2021 because the rookie QB hit the wall. So yes Brady in December 2019 was like a LegArm qb or a rookie. We agree on something.

The league says the tampering started august 2019 or sooner, Brady’s contact change was signed august 2019. So it was literally happening during negotiations. Wonder why?

No the 9 million was EXTRA over and above what he was due. There was absolutely no reason for the team to do it other than
1) he threatened to not play ironically at the same time miami was making fire to him
2) he led them to believe he was staying beyond 2019 but was secretly violating his contract by negotiating with Miami.

Evidence? Miami was tampering at the exact time the patriots were trying extend him. Do you think they tampered without addressing that he was about to sign an extension? That’s not what tampering is about. Tampering is about convincing him to leave. More over the contract Brady rejected was identical in structure and for more money that the extension he signed 2 years earlier when no one was tampering. There is no evidence the sun is going to set tonight but it will.

I thought Timmy was Superman and doesn’t need weapons…
He has made an entire career of doing a lot more with a lot less than any other QB in the history of the NFL.

Cam's contract was dirt cheap that year
It was a prove-it deal, and he didn't prove it, now he and his hat and scarf collection are out of work.

Indeed… Stokoe does not have even a segment of spine in his entire body… How the **** can he sit up straight on the toilet when he takes his daily dump?
Daily dump? He's so full of :poop: that clearly once a day doesn't get the job done.

The only reason tanking didn't happen is because Flores refused. That's not the issue. The issue is that tanking was clearly supposed to happen.(Based on Flores version of events)
And the only reason the NFL had to address it at all is because Flores sent a written complaint to the Dolphins PR team right when the spam was hitting the fan.

If Flo had been compliant, we'd never had heard of it.

If Flo hadn't sent a written complaint, it all would have been swept under the table.

And as Andrew Brandt pointed out, while Miami talked about tanking, Philly actually did it, yet there was no investigation.

I can see fans having loyalty to Tom over the team. I get that.

But those who defend/justify his actions are clearly compromised ethically.
I don't see anyone saying Brady did it without some sort of rationalization, like "he did it because the team didn't give him what he wanted" or "he did it and so does everyone else". Yet in that kind of statement is the admission that he did it, and facts are stubborn things.

The reality is his actions do not live up to the shining image of him being pushed out across multiple platforms by his media team.

Note that there hasn't been a single word from his hyper-active media team about these allegations, for obvious reasons.

It is absolutely possible TB12 had a below-board discussion over a Mich Ultra and avocado salad with Beal and floated the possibility of joining MIA after the 2019 season OR work out a trade for 2019.
And again this off-season, when he wanted to reward the Tampa fan base for all their support by going to Miami.

Significant injuries had a lot more to do with how he played than anything else last half of 2019. Edelman was always hurt and Brady's shoulder was hurt I remember.
I figured that at the time, but this information, plus his he acted plus his be played since tells me he was checked out. He certainly wasn’t a team first guy that year like he always had been
It’s a shame but doesn’t take away from everything else he accomplished.

Hasn’t done it since 2016
LOL!! Yeah... sure.... he's only won 2 Super Bowls since 2016..... what a loser!!!! Speaking of losing....

Mac losing to Tommy be like...

He has made an entire career of doing a lot more with a lot less than any other QB in the history of the NFL.

This was your original quote...
LOL!! Yeah... sure.... he's only won 2 Super Bowls since 2016..... what a loser!!!! Speaking of losing....

In 2018, he did not do "a lot more with a lot less." His defense and running game carried him to the SB (like 2001), particularly late in the season.

In 2020, he had the greatest set of weapons he's ever had in his career.

Thus, Brady has not done "a lot more with a lot less" since 2016 when he won the SB with Edelman and a bunch of smurfs....

Last edited:

Winning a Sb doesn’t mean you “did more with less than anyone”.
Did Mahomes do more with less? Did Stafford? Did Brady have less in Tampa?
2018 was a good team. Certainly not one carried by Brady.

This was your original quote...

In 2018, he did not do "a lot more with a lot less." His defense and running game carried him to the SB (like 2001), particularly late in the season.
LOL!! Yeah, the defense really carried the team in the Chiefs game.... amazing how your "dynasty built on defense" never won sh*t before Brady took over and ain't won sh*t since he left. But the team he went to has done awfully well, huh?

LOL!! Yeah, the defense really carried the team in the Chiefs game.... amazing how your "dynasty built on defense" never won sh*t before Brady took over and ain't won sh*t since he left. But the team he went to has done awfully well, huh?

You're talking about 1 year before Brady took over and 2 years after he left...so yeah, not a great sample size. But you're not very bright, so...

The team that Brady is currently on, which did well in 2020 (not in 2021 when Brady lost to Stafford twice) had the GOAT TE, Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Leonard Fournette. The first four players are all going to be in the HOF or have HOF talent level. So yeah, him playing well in Tampa does not support the idea that Brady is doing a lot more with a lot less. If he won the SB in 2021 when Brown went AWOL and Godwin went down, then I would agree, but he lost to the Rams and this guy...

In fairness to cAm NeWtON the cupboards were bare at WR and TE.
I'm trying to remember the last time fairness was a concern of this board.

You're talking about 1 year before Brady took over and 2 years after he left...so yeah, not a great sample size.
And yet, in that small sample size, Brady already has 5 playoff wins, one of which was a little soiree called The Super Bowl. But you're not very bright so you can't even see how badly you are defeating your own argument. Meanwhile the "dynasty built on defense" ain't done sh*t without Brady.

And yet, in that small sample size, Brady already has 5 playoff wins, one of which was a little soiree called The Super Bowl. But you're not very bright so you can't even see how badly you are defeating your own argument. Meanwhile the "dynasty built on defense" ain't done sh*t without Brady.

5 playoff wins with a talented team. You and your fellow Bucs fans still don't get that the only reason Brady won in 2020 was because of the talent around him. The minute Godwin and Brown were no longer able to help him in 2021 he looked like a chump vs the Rams. He got outplayed by this guy...

I suppose if Bill quits the Patriots and went to Buffalo he'd win the super bowl in year 1...because that's the equivalent analogy of what Brady did in Tampa.

McCourty is overrated. After he quickly flamed out as a CB in the NFL he got banished to deep center for the remainder of his career.
I usually just ignore your posts, but this is a special level of stupid.

4-time first team All-Pro, 4-time second team All-Pro, All-Pro at Corner and Safety. 'Banished'. He was one of the best players in the league for a decade.

I suppose if Bill quits the Patriots and went to Buffalo he'd win the super bowl in year 1...because that's the equivalent analogy of what Brady did in Tampa.
Whenever you have to enter fantasyland to support your point, it only proves how weak your point is. Unfortunately, you're too stupid to understand that.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back