PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brandon Marshall to Miami for 2010 2nd and 2011 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
No such thing is clear at all. You're making assumptions, nothing more. One could just as easily assume that he tried lowballing the other teams, for example.

You don't think Belichick does a cost benefit analysis on players with major character issues, will cost $10 million and will cost us high draft picks?????

And you want "proof" that he declined to do so?

Since when has Belichick NOT been strategic about every decision he's made?

Show us proof that he stopped.

I'm saying I woldn't want Bob Sanders because he is good for about 6 games a year.
I agree with your comment about reckless, it was a poor choice of words. But those players just can't hold up to the demands of their positions.
Yes, I'd want players to play with Sanders attitude, but I would not want Sanders because he is fragile.

Well by your logic anyone that plays the way Sanders does they all can not hold up to the demands of their positions and are all fragile, thus you dont want any of them on your team. Are you saying that you wouldnt want to have anyone on your team that plays hard like Sanders does, or just Sanders in particular?

You don't think Belichick does a cost benefit analysis on players with major character issues, will cost $10 million and will cost us high draft picks?????

And you want "proof" that he declined to do so?

Since when has Belichick NOT been strategic about every decision he's made?

Show us proof that he stopped.

Oh, knock it off. I'm getting enough of this crap from the rabid homers this offseason. Let's look at your post that I was responding to:

What is clear is that he did a cost benefit analysis and likely decided that the $10 million a season would be better spent elsewhere, and that he preferred to hold on to what amounts to four 1st Round Draft choices this season (i.e. if one accepts the notion that this draft is deep enough to have 1st round talent available in the 2nd round.)

Now, notice your own word (I put it in bold)? You are making an assumption, nothing more. It's right there in your own freakin' post, yet you try calling me out for it? I'm not going to play these games with you. It's bad enough that the Insane Homer Posse has ceased all rational thought. I'll not go down that same ridiculous blind alley with you too.

Well by your logic anyone that plays the way Sanders does they all can not hold up to the demands of their positions and are all fragile, thus you dont want any of them on your team. Are you saying that you wouldnt want to have anyone on your team that plays hard like Sanders does, or just Sanders in particular?

No that is not my logic. My logic is that a player like Bob Sanders who is always injured is not useful.
I'm not sure what you consider 'playing like Sanders' but what I am talking about is a guy who cannot hold up, which of course can be a combination of their style of play and fragile nature.
I endorse players going all out. I dont have a lot of use for players who bodies cannot handle going all out.

No that is not my logic. My logic is that a player like Bob Sanders who is always injured is not useful.
I'm not sure what you consider 'playing like Sanders' but what I am talking about is a guy who cannot hold up, which of course can be a combination of their style of play and fragile nature.
I endorse players going all out. I dont have a lot of use for players who bodies cannot handle going all out.

No, I see what you are saying, but I'd rather have a player that goes all out but is known to have a fragile body over a player that may not go all out all the time and has no history of injuries.

I doubt they could pay him past 2010, unless you bank on the moss departure, and you can get a pretty good 5 yr guy at 53.

also, what makes you think the panthers would cut him loose for just the 53rd?

No first round pick and with basically a rookie QB the ball will be pounded even more that the normally run first Panthers. Smith says he no longer desires to be their #1 which means he is missing Jake already. This is an emotional, football loving leader who is 31 which may be old to the Panthers but not to BB.
If I am the Panthers, why not?

Just makes sense.

DW Toys

Just imagine what you'd be saying/feeling if the Pats had made the trade for Marshall the dolphins made.

Madden 2010. :p

This is true. You nailed it. If I am BB and like Cousin ausibucker he likes to play Madden, he knows that this would help the Pats 2010 version he and Cesario have been playing lately.

Cousin I will make this easier for you...Rebuilding Year if we give up and go all Draft. Or haven't you figured that out. I have asked you to put me on ignore. You disappoint me.
DW Toys

I dont know if this has been said already, and im not going through 30 pages to see, but do you guys have inside info on this trade? Do you think that BB, and Josh havent talked since Josh left? If this was just a case of Marshall needing a change of scenery, then chances are, BB mightve made the trade. Im only guessing here, which is all any of you can do, but probably Josh told BB not to bother with Marshall. Why would Josh try to dump his trash on BB? We all know, and BB knows that a good young reciever would be a great addition to the team. So i would imagine there was a good reason why he didnt make a trade for the kid. Its not like we dont have the picks.

As for Boldin, do you guys really want to pay a guy #1 money to be #3? He's not a spring chicken, and has been dinged up a few times. A team like Baltimore desperately needed a starting WR, we dont. So why overpay at that position? Im not saying we don't have a need at WR, but we dont need a #1 right now. Im glad we didnt get Holmes. There's just too much risk there. Now Marshall, i wouldve liked. He's young, and talented, but wanted a ton of money. I just have to believe that there's more to the story than what is common knowledge. Go ahead, and call me a homer, but i choose to to believe that BB knows more than I.

One more thing. Why does everybody think we need to sign big name players who are over 30, and want a bunch of money? Superbowls are not always won by teams with a stacked roster......like the Pats 01 team :rolleyes:

My opinion is that the Pats got the inside info from JMcD which was to the point that BM is a ticking time bomb and the Pats wanted nothing to do with him. His jacket is way too big.

I would have rather given up the 5th for Santonio Holmes.

No first round pick and with basically a rookie QB the ball will be pounded even more that the normally run first Panthers. Smith says he no longer desires to be their #1 which means he is missing Jake already. This is an emotional, football loving leader who is 31 which may be old to the Panthers but not to BB.
If I am the Panthers, why not?

Just makes sense.

DW Toys
It makes sense for the Patriots not the Panthers. Most of your trade suggestions make sense for the Patriots and not the team we're supposedly trading with. I enjoy shrewd Pats moves as much as the next guy but they don't happen all the time.

This is true. You nailed it. If I am BB and like Cousin ausibucker he likes to play Madden, he knows that this would help the Pats 2010 version he and Cesario have been playing lately.

Cousin I will make this easier for you...Rebuilding Year if we give up and go all Draft. Or haven't you figured that out. I have asked you to put me on ignore. You disappoint me.
DW Toys
Stop calling me cousin. That's an embarrassment to my family.

Good to see you're just an average troll who doesn't even give staff or posters the courtesy of posting their proper names.

Of course it's a rebuilding year. Last year was a rebuilding year. The Patriots are in the midst of rebuilding. Way to hang your hat on the obvious concept.

Last edited:
Moss is better than Marshall.

Just throw him on defense and this will happen. YouTube - Randy Moss Interception

Moss is a broken down man who has no intentions of remaining with New England next season. Brandon has contributed more receptions and yardage while nearly just as many touchdowns. Lets not forget about the age gap either. 26 versus going on Fourty.......

Moss is a broken down man who has no intentions of remaining with New England next season. Brandon has contributed more receptions and yardage while nearly just as many touchdowns. Lets not forget about the age gap either. 26 versus going on Fourty.......

Marshall is a great WR, but not the best in the NFL. The Patriots don't make anybody the highest paid player at his position. Not even Brady. There's no way they can justify paying Marshall almost 3 times as much as they're paying Welker. Especially with Marshall's big mouth and Brady's contract coming up. There's also absolutely no evidence that Marshall cares about winning, which is something this ownership and coaching staff care about just a little bit.

An interesting fact - in the 8 Broncos wins last year, Marshall didn't post a single 100 yard game.

An interesting fact - in the 8 Broncos wins last year, Marshall didn't post a single 100 yard game.

Interesting and misleading. :)

Marshall only had three 100 yard games all year. And the reason the team was winning and losing was all about the defense - in their 8 wins, the D gave up a total of 85 points. During the 8 losses, they gave up 239.

that's really your answer?

Yep and I am sticking to it. Unfortunately I don't have BB on speed dial nor the Panthers F.O. I will try if you want.

You see I am bored playing with my Madden (isn't that what they arrested PeeWee Herman for?)

That is the standard answer for any idea contrary to ones own thoughts on this site.
DW Toys

It makes sense for the Patriots not the Panthers. Most of your trade suggestions make sense for the Patriots and not the team we're supposedly trading with. I enjoy shrewd Pats moves as much as the next guy but they don't happen all the time.

Stop calling me cousin. That's an embarrassment to my family.

Good to see you're just an average troll who doesn't even give staff or posters the courtesy of posting their proper names.

Of course it's a rebuilding year. Last year was a rebuilding year. The Patriots are in the midst of rebuilding. Way to hang your hat on the obvious concept.

Yep Rebuilding...or giving up 2010. You happy about that Cous.....sorry, fella?
Don't take all of this so seriously. This is for fun. I didn't start a war with you. I told you about respect.
Unless you gamble, the Patriots moves make no difference on the quality of your life.
DW Toys

My opinion is that the Pats got the inside info from JMcD which was to the point that BM is a ticking time bomb and the Pats wanted nothing to do with him. His jacket is way too big.

I would have rather given up the 5th for Santonio Holmes.

This!

JETS made a good value move with Holmes. Dunno why the Pats didn't go there. Miami paid a high price for a top talent whose a potential time bomb, especially given South Beach. Speaking as a fan, not from the GM perspective, I don't like Holmes and would not find it easy to root for the guy, so I'm not upset we passed, just bummed that it's a hated rival who got his talent. Hope he & Marshall implode. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back