PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brandon Marshall to Miami for 2010 2nd and 2011 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) I know I said that, becuase I was just talking about his on-field issues there. I also said I know he's had off-field issues. What are we supposed to do though? Every sports team has someone whose done something completely stupid in the past on their team, including your favorites and mine. I can name lots of players who've been involved in their own incidents. Brandon Meriweather was involved in a shooting in college, and dont forget when he was kicking a downed player during a game. The Jets practically have half a team with a rap sheet. None of our teams are filled with rosters of perfect angels.

Ok, your posts are getting more and more ridiculous. I'll let others here address this particular portion.

2)Because you need to take risks if you're going to win championships. IF he does screw up, I won't be mad that they made this trade. The Dolphins have played it safe for a while, it was time to do something huge.

That doesn't make it "win/win", which is what you claimed. As you note below, it's "high risk, high reward". There's a big difference between the two.

3)I know, that was like the first straw. This was yet another. On that website poll, 73% [who voted] think it was a bad trade for the Broncos. Accurate of their entire fanbase? no. A snapshot though that most of them didn't like it.

There is no "first straw and another" situation. It's all about the butt hurt over Cutler. Any perusal of Broncos boards shows that pretty conclusively. God could come down to Earth and tell that subset of the fans that McDaniels was 100% right, and most of those fans would still complain about everything McDaniels has done and will do. It's like being here on Patsfans.com and reading posts about the O.C., whomever it may be.

4)You're right, he does. He may have already. He got married, I doubt a woman would marry someone if he beats her.[Technically he was found not guilty by the court, but I'll go ahead and just pretend he did something]. I hope he learned from his past, maybe it would show others with problems to do the same.

Ok, this may be the most ridiculous thing I've read in weeks. Women won't marry men who beat them? Dude, this is not Fantasy Island here, it's real life.

High risk, high reward. To be honest I was a little nervous of the contract at first, but when you read the actual terms of it, it's not bad. Parcells is pretty crafty.

Actually, when you read the terms, it's still got Miami in position to be a big loser. If they have to cut Marshall loose, they'll still have lost millions and picks. As you note, high risk, high reward.

Last edited:
You are kidding right?
Your 'rap sheet' which is nothing of the sort, has no entries in 5 years and nothing other than innocuous stuff in 8 years.
Take a look at what Marshall has done, and tell me that it compares to a guy who was in a RACIALLY MOTIVATED FIGHT and smoked pot once, and EIGT YEARS AGO f-ed around with a meter maid.

F'ing around with a meter maid with a car that weighs tons, and knocking her over to the ground? That's okay? Well then maybe I'll go drive up to a traffic cop and knock him over with my car just to play around.

I said I don't like what Marshall has done because it is screwed up, but to criticize him and not others is hypocritical. It sounds especially hypocritical when he plays on your team.

Ok, your posts are getting more and more ridiculous. I'll let others here address this particular portion.

It's ridiculous to say that most sports team has had someone whose been in trouble before? It's the truth. did you stop cheering for the Pats after they signed Moss who was troubled before they did? No. And Moss has done fine since then, even though he was a "scumbag" when he was younger too.

F'ing around with a meter maid with a car that weighs tons, and knocking her over to the ground? That's okay? Well then maybe I'll go drive up to a traffic cop and knock him over with my car just to play around.

I said I don't like what Marshall has done because it is screwed up, but to criticize him and not others is hypocritical. It sounds especially hypocritical when he plays on your team.

The facts are what they are. Like I said accept him for the scumbag that he has been, dont defend him, and dont try to make it better by overreacting to something Moss did 8 years ago.

Here's one thing I do know:

Boldin, Holmes, BMarshall and Stallworth aren't walking through that door, we are down to only 2 guys right now if we expect to compete with the Jets, that would be TO and Dez Bryant. Anything less on an offense like this with no running game to speak of and Alge Crumpler as our starting TE is an element for mediciocrity as we all watch Santonio Holmes and Brandon Marshall highlights every damn week on ESPN, making game changing plays.

BB, I sit here on Sunday night, I'm going to a draft party on Thur and Friday, if you draft a Benn, Gilyard or Damien Williams and come out and tell us all that one of those guys is the answer with no running game, Welker out 8 weeks and Alge Crumpler, then I guess we are fools.

BB's FA ignorance while watching division competition improve dramatically will require something huge this coming week. It better be good !

Last edited:
It's ridiculous to say that most sports team has had someone whose been in trouble before? It's the truth. did you stop cheering for the Pats after they signed Moss who was troubled before they did? No. And Moss has done fine since then, even though he was a "scumbag" when he was younger too.

That's not the part I was referring to, and I'd expect that you're smart enough to know that.

I think everyone can agree as long as Marshall is on the field and not causing problems off it, it was a good deal. If not, then you can trade his ass and go back to the drawing board.

1) Marshall has a huge contract. It's going be impossible to trade him, especially with the headlines he will stir up in Miami, and you can bet that he will, because psychologically, just by rewarding him with a huge contract, Miami is enabling and abetting his bad behavior.

2) People forget easily that it's a quarterback's league. It doesn't matter how good of a WR you are if the ball isn't delivered within a reasonable amount of accuracy.

Here's one thing I do know:

Boldin, Holmes, BMarshall and Stallworth aren't walking through that door, we are down to only 2 guys right now if we expect to compete with the Jets, that would be TO and Dez Bryant. Anything less on an offense like this with no running game to speak of and Alge Crumpler as our starting TE is an element for mediciocrity as we all watch Santonio Holmes and Brandon Marshall highlights every damn week on ESPN, making game changing plays.

BB, I sit here on Sunday night, I'm going to a draft party on Thur and Friday, if you draft a Benn, Gilyard or Damien Williams and come out and tell us all that one of those guys is the answer with no running game, Welker out 8 weeks and Alge Crumpler, then I guess we are fools.

BB's FA ignorance while watching division competition improve dramatically will require something huge this coming week. It better be good !

The next time WR is the key to winning will be the first.
The next time moderately knowledgable fans realize that will be the first as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back