PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brandon Marshall to Miami for 2010 2nd and 2011 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

GostkowSKI

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
For a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year, per Schefter on Mike & Mike this morning

Re: Brandon Marshall to Miami

Same deal as the Texans did with the Falcons for Matt Schaub.

Looks a fair deal, the Dolphins obviously have a need at WR and the Broncos wanted rid of Marshall. They must be taking Bryant now though. I wonder if they'll combine their 2nd round picks to move back into the 1st round to take Dan Williams/Pouncey/McClain?

Wow......for (2) 2nd!

Great deal for Miami if he can be a decent teammate......the East is getting better!

Seriously. The Bills may have to move a lot further than Toronto to get out of this division.

Well this pushes Miami alot closer to the Pats. How many times have the 2 wild card teams come from the same division. But hey, we got David Pattern!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow......for (2) 2nd!

Great deal for Miami if he can be a decent teammate......the East is getting better!

actually, its more like the Dolphins and Jets are getting better. Cant say the same for the Pats.

actually, its more like the Dolphins and Jets are getting better. Cant say the same for the Pats.

I was thinking it though...
Buffalo is so screwed, and the Pats definitely have their work cut out, this is the first year I didn't think the Pats would just walk away with the division, and I hope I'm wrong and they do something......ANYTHING to bring in some talent.

AFC East add ons

Jets: Antonio Cromartie, Santonio Holmes, LaDainian Tomlinson
Dolphins: Karlos Dansby, Brandon Marshal
Pats: Marques Murrell, David Pattern, Alge Crumpler, Damion Lewis

But hey, we have 3 2nd round picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking it though...
Buffalo is so screwed, and the Pats definitely have their work cut out, this is the first year I didn't think the Pats would just walk away with the division, and I hope I'm wrong and they do something......ANYTHING to bring in some talent.

The Pats are in serious trouble of falling to 3rd in the division. I love the Pats, and will follow and cheer for them the entire season. But my expectations for them have fallen off greatly.

At least for the short term, the only thing that bothers me about this move is that the Dolphins are more likely to go for an OLB in the first round of the draft. Miami lost a lot on defense this year including their two best pass rusher. I think this addition doesn't push them close to the Pats since they took a decent step back on defense this offseason.

The Pats are in serious trouble of falling to 3rd in the division. I love the Pats, and will follow and cheer for them the entire season. But my expectations for them have fallen off greatly.

Really?!? The Dolphins lost three starters on defense this offseason. Arguably their best d-lineman is over 35 and suspended for the first 8 games of the season. Yes, Marshall helps their offense, but they got a lot of work to do on defense and have more holes on that side of the ball than the Patriots and we know how much people complain about the holes on the Patriots defense. The Dolphins have significant needs on the d-line, OLB, and safety.

I can see the potential of the Jets surpassing the Patriots, but I think the Dolphins took a decent step back on defense even with the addition of Dansby.

Last edited:
That's a good deal for Miami! Hopefully the Pats can make something useful of the draft.

That's a good deal for Miami! Hopefully the Pats can make something useful of the draft.

I think it's a good deal only if he gets signed long-term, which I figure they are going to do since they gave up second rounders in two years.

Just when I thought the Patriots were going to bridge the gap between the Jets by obtaining Marshall............. Josh has one upped the Pats one more time! Division rivals improve while ancient New England lay dormant swimming in draft pics.

I guess there's no need for some of you to watch this year now...

Just when I thought the Patriots were going to bridge the gap between the Jets by obtaining Marshall............. Josh has one upped the Pats one more time! Division rivals improve while ancient New England lay dormant swimming in draft pics.

Sitting pretty with 4 top 53 picks in a very deep draft is not a bad place to be.

calm down chicken littles.......

Sitting pretty with 4 top 53 picks in a very deep draft is not a bad place to be.

calm down chicken littles.......

Rookies can only produce so much in a season. When is the rebuilding going to end? Or start? Brandon was Wes Welker on steroids. The offense could of been vintage 07 with that beast. Dez Bryant isn't going to cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back