PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: ALERT: New Board Coming - Feedback Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
2ahz74.jpg

I can give a few suggestions, which might or might not be even remotely on point.

Do some cross training with a martial art in an attempt to improve the mods' speed and quickness, although that will take years to have any effect.​

That one brought about a smile to my face and spewage of my post-work beverage all over the table.

Well played, sir.

OK, but keep the disagree button!

Since you are one of the few that always quotes the post you disagree with and states why after using it I honestly respect your opinion but it seems kind of redundant doing both. Random unexplained dislikes are better than a bunch of No/U posts but it's a forum, folks that disagree with something should say why the way that you do rather than a cowardly hit n run disagree.

Of course - are you not able to find them...?

Can you add a time frame to the search option? from this date to this date type of thing? Instead of just "newer than".

I honestly cannot ever remember hitting dislike. But my profile says I have given 5. Small phone, big fingers I guess.

Ian, I love this board and the time I spend here with my fellow PatsFans knuckleheads. You are the reason for its existence. So I say, thank you, kind sir, and go with your gut in any changes. I am 100% confident in your decisions, and 100% confident in your instincts to adjust as you go. :)

Ian, I love this board and the time I spend here with my fellow PatsFans knuckleheads. You are the reason for its existence. So I say, thank you, kind sir, and go with your gut in any changes. I am 100% confident in your decisions, and 100% confident in your instincts to adjust as you go. :)
Bill, I love this team and the time I spend here with my fellow PatsFans knuckleheads. You are the reason for its success. So I say, thank you, kind sir, and go with your gut in any situation, as you did at the end vs. the Seahawks. I am 100% confident in your decisions, and 100% confident in your instincts to adjust as you go.

...P.S. I'm just going to forget last February.

It does not exist.

I can give a few suggestions, which might or might not be even remotely on point.
...Give me absolute power over the entire planet

One or two of the above might be taking things a little too far.

Not to worry. You only asked for the planet...not the Solar System or Galaxy. Modest and unassuming as usual, Deus.

I hate that Facebook doesn’t have a useful rating so I can troll people there with it too. Close with Zuckerberg by any chance?

Since you are one of the few that always quotes the post you disagree with and states why after using it I honestly respect your opinion but it seems kind of redundant doing both. Random unexplained dislikes are better than a bunch of No/U posts but it's a forum, folks that disagree with something should say why the way that you do rather than a cowardly hit n run disagree.
Ditch the <disagree/dislike> buttons
My only pet peeve on this forum is when people do this. It's annoying when people just hit the disagree/dislike button but don't explain why. I saw Ian explain that it doesn't mean anything, but I feel if someone disagrees or dislikes a post, that person should explain to the other poster why. Other than that, no message board compares to this. Que someone hitting the dislike or disagree button.

My only pet peeve on this forum is when people do this. It's annoying when people just hit the disagree/dislike button but don't explain why. I saw Ian explain that it doesn't mean anything, but I feel if someone disagrees or dislikes a post, that person should explain to the other poster why. Other than that, no message board compares to this. Que someone hitting the dislike or disagree button.
So why not be annoyed when someone does a like/agree driveby? Would seem to have the same problem as disagrees/dislike. It is just because it gives you an ego boost so you're happy to get a like/agree with no explanation?

Anyhow, major props to @Ian for this board. It is far and away the best NFL fan board out there, and one of the best internet discussion forums in general.

So why not be annoyed when someone does a like/agree driveby? Would seem to have the same problem as disagrees/dislike. It is just because it gives you an ego boost so you're happy to get a like/agree with no explanation?

Anyhow, major props to @Ian for this board. It is far and away the best NFL fan board out there, and one of the best internet discussion forums in general.

I think no rating given at all is the worst because then you don't know either way. :eek::D

That's fair. However, there's no point to quote someone if you agree/like the post. I would do away with the buttons all together.

I hate that Facebook doesn’t have a useful rating so I can troll people there with it too. Close with Zuckerberg by any chance?
Zuck (points to sky, waits for “useful” rating)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back