PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: 2021 NFL QB Prospects List or 1st Round Discussion

How do you guys feel about going after Pitts for TE in the 1st round and Desmond Ridder in the second round? Dont know much about Ridder so I would like to hear some opinions from those of you who has watched him. I appreciate it greatly.
I can' tell you much about ridder tbh bacon knows him well @Bacon
For pitts i am not into it. The reason is simple for me. We already have two rookies there who couldnt show much with now TC injuries Bad passing offense, so I would prefer a vet TE there...don't want to go with a rookie and two second year Player into next season. I mean if all the players i like are gone i would like pitts or a trade down. I like pitts as a Player much though. The hybrid TE/WR role is not easy to Cover and he is a redzone threat which we lack. So i would prefer other guys but would not be mad to get such a playmaker threat

I thinking after last night’s Bowl game, Zach Wilson is definitely the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the draft, may have jumped ahead of Fields at #2. Even some of his incompletions were really impressive, right on the money, but a great play by the DBs. Watch his last TD pass last night, not many QBs can make those kind of throws. 3700 yards, 32 TD passes, 3 INTs, 10 TD runs.

He’s the kind of QB who makes his teammates into good players. No superstars on that team as far as weapons, but he turned them into good players.

I can' tell you much about ridder tbh bacon knows him well @Bacon
For pitts i am not into it. The reason is simple for me. We already have two rookies there who couldnt show much with now TC injuries Bad passing offense, so I would prefer a vet TE there...don't want to go with a rookie and two second year Player into next season. I mean if all the players i like are gone i would like pitts or a trade down. I like pitts as a Player much though. The hybrid TE/WR role is not easy to Cover and he is a redzone threat which we lack. So i would prefer other guys but would not be mad to get such a playmaker threat
I like Ridder, but he’s truly a project. 2-3 years away from being a good NFL QB. Could turn out to be a better NFL QB than a college one, but it’s gonna take time.

I like Ridder, but he’s truly a project. 2-3 years away from being a good NFL QB. Could turn out to be a better NFL QB than a college one, but it’s gonna take time.

I have watched a ton of his games and while he is not nfl starter ready now, I think he could be ready to start for us in 2022.

he brings size, arm strength and mobility to the table now, he lacks in processing speed, decision making and a bit in accuracy,
I think bb can improve his processing speed, decision making and accuracy fairly quickly because the kid seems like a hard worker.

I feel certain that we could pick him up in the 4th round, we just need a place holder starter for 2021!

I thinking after last night’s Bowl game, Zach Wilson is definitely the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the draft, may have jumped ahead of Fields at #2. Even some of his incompletions were really impressive, right on the money, but a great play by the DBs. Watch his last TD pass last night, not many QBs can make those kind of throws. 3700 yards, 32 TD passes, 3 INTs, 10 TD runs.

He’s the kind of QB who makes his teammates into good players. No superstars on that team as far as weapons, but he turned them into good players.
I agree, he will probably be out of reach for us as a top 3 qb but I wouldn't hate a trade up..tbh no idea what a trade up would Cost quit a few teams can go for a qb so its probably not the Best idea or is it worth it?

I would not mind Kyle Trask/ Mac Jones/Trey Lance with our #1 pick. I think one of them will be there at 13-16.

Bring back Lewerke! He has big hands like Brady and was misused in college.

Well, Trask is completely off my list. He bit the big one against Oklahoma last night. I turned the game off after he ignored a wide open WR in the end zone to throw his 3rd pick of the first quarter to a well-covered wr. The 1st one was a really badly thrown pick-6 that he telegraphed.

Zach Wilson is totally my guy this year. But I fear we have no shot at him.

Last edited:
If I had my pick of all these guys after Lawrence, it would be Fields. Just the arm strength and ability to make throws from many different body positions. He has something extra special.

I can't say how well he reads defenses compared to the others, and I have doubts really that anyone could, given the huge difference in competition between OSU, BYU and Trey Lance's school. It's just a different level of football, and if you see Fields struggling more, it's because of the competition.

Well, Trask is completely off my list. He bit the big one against Oklahoma last night. I turned the game off after he ignored a wide open WR in the end zone to throw his 3rd pick of the first quarter to a well-covered wr. The 1st one was a really badly thrown pick-6 that he telegraphed.
The 1st and 3rd were bad...
Probably benefit of the doubt for the 2nd ?

I heard his starting TE and 3 starting WRs all didn't play , right ?
I believe that is correct. So drops and guys not getting open would have not been on Trask. But only one int was partially on the wr. The ball bouced off the wrs hands then was picked. But the pass wasn't a good throw. The ducks, bad decisions, telegraphing, and inaccurate passes were all on Trask.

I believe that is correct. So drops and guys not getting open would have not been on Trask. But only one int was partially on the wr. The ball bouced off the wrs hands then was picked. But the pass wasn't a good throw. The ducks, bad decisions, telegraphing, and inaccurate passes were all on Trask.

I'm afraid if Trask drops in the draft rankings below my binkie Mac Jones. I want Mac Jones to be undervalued and fall to us mid round.

I would not mind Kyle Trask/ Mac Jones/Trey Lance with our #1 pick. I think one of them will be there at 13-16.
I agree that one of these will likely be available. I would add Newman to your 3 (Trask/Jones/Lance). Does Belichick want to to take whoever everyone has left us at 15.

IF, and that's a big if, Belichick is really sold on a couple of these 2nd tier QB's, I would think he would try to trade up a bit to get who he wants.

If they have a shot at Fields or even Wilson with a jump from 15-ish to 5 or so... I’d do that... maybe Flores would be willing to talk with that 5th pick

I agree that one of these will likely be available. I would add Newman to your 3 (Trask/Jones/Lance). Does Belichick want to to take whoever everyone has left us at 15.

IF, and that's a big if, Belichick is really sold on a couple of these 2nd tier QB's, I would think he would try to trade up a bit to get who he wants.
Newman won't be 1st rounder IMO. Can't think of a guy who's opt-out hurt more

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back