PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On To Houston: Playoff Practice/Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think that is 2 consecutive practices missed. I would not think this is a day off on playoff week, so perhaps he is working through something (injury or personal). We will know more when the injury report comes out, if not sooner.

I wonder what is wrong with Branch. He has been playing at a really high level for us this year. Hope it's nothing serious, he makes a huge difference when he's in there.

nothing.......just resting the beast

nothing.......just resting the beast
Last week and this week? During a practice on the actual playing field? He's obviously battling something. I don't think Bill Belichick gives special treatment to Alan Branch while everyone else practices. Hopefully, he's good to go on Sat.

I'm ok with keeping Branch out of practice during this bye week if he really needs the rest. Let him be as close as possible to 100% next week for the AFCCG, when we play our first playoff game of the year.

Last edited:
Snow is in the forecast!!!

Brady is amazing in the snow but I feel differently about snow and elements than I did back in the day when Peyton and Colts were coming in. We are clearly the best team, and elements are typically an equalizer. I think the Pats are better straight up and don't need the snow to help them. (I felt like we were better than those old dome Colts teams, but we are loved it when it snowed.) We don't need snow and cold to beat the Texans.

Last week and this week? During a practice on the actual playing field? He's obviously battling something. I don't think Bill Belichick gives special treatment to Alan Branch while everyone else practices. Hopefully, he's good to go on Sat.

BB will do whatever he thinks works best for the team......if it means keeping his 350lb dude off his feet for a couple of days maybe riding a bike inside, it sounds logical

they're going to have their run stopping be as fresh as can be.....or it could just be jedi mind tricks.....since probowl people ignored him, maybe the texans will forget all about him too

Maybe Branch has that stomach flu going around the country and the team is telling him to stay the heck away.

Regards,
Chris

Tom Brady gets better when the temperature is below 40 degrees.

Only stat I found was from Jan 2015, he was 12-1 in those games.

Gonna be cold, j j might want to break out this jacket again....
watt-jacket.jpg

Say what you will I think those jackets look cool. Be cooler if it was a Pats jacket but save it till after a won superbowl.

People talk about how old Brady is and that is true. But Branch is the 2nd oldest guy on the team i think and at a highly physical position. We really need to keep all 3 of our DTs healthy so if Branch has any issue we are better off sitting him. Wilfork doing this at 35 is incredible. That is the exception. Branch is already an old DT at 32. I hope he has 1 more year in him close to this one but if not I would not be the least bit surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes