PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oficial Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam after the win. I saw him grabbing his heart.

It doesn’t need to be number 1, but QB is a problem and you need to get a QB in the draft. If Brady, Brees, Stafford, whoever we’re available they are going to want to go to a win now team. Cam was just luck.

We need to be in position to draft an answer at QB
The draft pick where fall wherever it falls, you can't lose on purpose. Teaching the young players how to improve, and win is more important anyway. The young pieces on defense are coming together and the offense is figuring out how to close games. The QB situation will resolve itself.

I’ll take it

Cassel (backed up by TJohnson) in the postgame had what I thought was a good (and obvious) take - basically we're running a simplistic, (late 80's per TJohnson) predictable high school offense where they load the box and dare them to throw - it's what I saw at the end of the Ravens game but thought maybe the weather was a factor.
1st down runs by Harris:
0, 0, -1, 3, 18, 6, 0

I want a full eval of Cam - 10 personnel with White, no huddle (no "K'Neal") - GO... but it won't happen because we're clinging to playoff life and have to be risk averse, and I don't blame them.

I am surprised to see that Damien Harris averaged only 3.4 yards per carry (47 yards on 14 rushes).

I know there were a few attempts that resulted little or no gain, but watching the game it felt as though his average ypc was much more than that. It's nice to see a running back just vertically attacking the LOS with such force.

The draft pick where fall wherever it falls, you can't lose on purpose. Teaching the young players how to improve, and win is more important anyway. The young pieces on defense are coming together and the offense is figuring out how to close games. The QB situation will resolve itself.
You absolutely can. See Colts. More of this team is going to be gone in the next 3 years than here

I am surprised to see that Damien Harris averaged only 3.4 yards per carry (47 yards on 14 rushes).

I know there were a few attempts that resulted little or no gain, but watching the game it felt as though his average ypc was much more than that. It's nice to see a running back just vertically attacking the LOS with such force.
He had a mediocre game. Lots of stupid wheel routes and the Cardinals did a good job clogging the middle

You absolutely can. See Colts. More of this team is going to be gone in the next 3 years than here
The bottom of the roster sure, but key core pieces, which are what actually matters, will still be here. And i don't know why you talk about the Colts. They would have been better off not tanking and just keeping Manning rather than drafting Luck.

The bottom of the roster sure, but key core pieces, which are what actually matters, will still be here. And i don't know why you talk about the Colts. They would have been better off not tanking and just keeping Manning rather than drafting Luck.
No they wouldn’t have. The Colts needed a younger more dynamic QB. Peyton went to a loaded team where he just needed to make good reads that dragged Tebow to the playoffs. Manning world not hand a title if he stayed with Colts and they would likely not have made the playoffs like they did with a severely physically diminished Manning. They likely would have just ended his career sooner

I honestly see it differently. If we go 9-7 after starting 2-5 and with as many holes as we have, doesn't that mean our future is bright? We've won 3 of our last 4

I think our team will be better next season

The Pats will be better next year but they will still be a QB away from being a real Super Bowl contender. That is my point. Without the QB, you aren't winning Super Bowls. There are flukes like Philly a few years back or Denver when Manning was toast or the Ravens where they had all time type defenses. But elite QBs have dominated the Super Bowl winners circle most of the years. That's my point.

Cam certainly isn't the answer. If Stidman isn't starting at this point, neither is he. Garappolo might be available, but he is injury prone and mistake prone. Dak Prescott may be available, but he is coming off a serious injury and Dallas is likely to franchise him anyway. Maybe they can get Sam Darnold, but he has yet to show any progress his his rookie season and mostly regression. Who else? Ryan Fitzpatrick might be available, but he is wildly inconsistent. Andy Dalton? Philip Rivers?

The Pats will be better next year but they will still be a QB away from being a real Super Bowl contender. That is my point. Without the QB, you aren't winning Super Bowls. There are flukes like Philly a few years back or Denver when Manning was toast or the Ravens where they had all time type defenses. But elite QBs have dominated the Super Bowl winners circle most of the years. That's my point.

Cam certainly isn't the answer. If Stidman isn't starting at this point, neither is he. Garappolo might be available, but he is injury prone and mistake prone. Dak Prescott may be available, but he is coming off a serious injury and Dallas is likely to franchise him anyway. Maybe they can get Sam Darnold, but he has yet to show any progress his his rookie season and mostly regression. Who else? Ryan Fitzpatrick might be available, but he is wildly inconsistent. Andy Dalton? Philip Rivers?
Basically this. You need a great defensive unit to win without elite QB play. Like historically good. We aren’t a year removed from that, so we aren’t going to be a contender without a QB. It all comes down to that position for long term prospects

No they wouldn’t have. The Colts needed a younger more dynamic QB. Peyton went to a loaded team where he just needed to make good reads that dragged Tebow to the playoffs. Manning world not hand a title if he stayed with Colts and they would likely not have made the playoffs like they did with a severely physically diminished Manning. They likely would have just ended his career sooner
What they needed was an injury prone choking disappointment rather than a HOF QB?

Would Cousins be available?

What they needed was an injury prone choking disappointment rather than a HOF QB?
Did you see what Manning became after 2 and a half years? Did you see that even when he was doing well his throws were basically floaters and he was relying on scheme and timing the whole way?

Luck was the better option. Manning would have one less MVP and one less SB if he stayed with the Colts. Luck was carrying that team. It was just a shake a freak injury ended his career before they got good

The run defense impressed in some important situations. That was a rough group of guys with Allen, Davis, and Cowart all out.
The defensive scheme was excellent. We did a lot of things on the edge that took away what they wanted to do.

Did you see what Manning became after 2 and a half years? Did you see that even when he was doing well his throws were basically floaters and he was relying on scheme and timing the whole way?

Luck was the better option. Manning would have one less MVP and one less SB if he stayed with the Colts. Luck was carrying that team. It was just a shake a freak injury ended his career before they got good
Did you see 2013 when Manning had one of the best seasons ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes