PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oficial Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who threw to Tyree on that infaWho threw the winning touchdown? Are you really trying to argue this?

That’s a ridiculous argument. He won them two Super Bowls. Of course he was worth the pick.

The Texans drafted high for years. They have been fielding playoff teams up until this year. The Bills drafted high for years. They’ve been in the postseason since 2017 and have the division lead this year. The Rams drafted high for years. They made the Super Bowl in 2018 and, barring catastrophe, will be back in the postseason this year. The Titans drafted high for years. They went to the AFCCG last year and look poised to make another run this year. The Eagles drafted high for years. They won the Super Bowl in 2017. After Harbaugh left, the 49ers drafted high for a couple of years. They went to the Super Bowl last year and looked tough this year until they fell apart. Prior to Harbaugh, they drafted high for years and built the team who would go to the Super Bowl in 2012. That’s the point. For every Jets, Jags, Bengals reference you want to make, you could simply take a stroll down memory lane in the draft and find teams who drafted in the top 5 and turned it around.
The Rams took a decade to turn it around. Not sure why would anybody use them as an argument. The Eagles, you're just making stuff up. They went 7-9 twice and other tham that had winning records.

Who threw to Tyree on that infaWho threw the winning touchdown? Are you really trying to argue this?

That’s a ridiculous argument. He won them two Super Bowls. Of course he was worth the pick.

The Texans drafted high for years. They have been fielding playoff teams up until this year. The Bills drafted high for years. They’ve been in the postseason since 2017 and have the division lead this year. The Rams drafted high for years. They made the Super Bowl in 2018 and, barring catastrophe, will be back in the postseason this year. The Titans drafted high for years. They went to the AFCCG last year and look poised to make another run this year. The Eagles drafted high for years. They won the Super Bowl in 2017. After Harbaugh left, the 49ers drafted high for a couple of years. They went to the Super Bowl last year and looked tough this year until they fell apart. Prior to Harbaugh, they drafted high for years and built the team who would go to the Super Bowl in 2012. That’s the point. For every Jets, Jags, Bengals reference you want to make, you could simply take a stroll down memory lane in the draft and find teams who drafted in the top 5 and turned it around.
Teams that do not draft high have much better records of success than teams drafting low do. Every team (except the jets) eventually get good so at some point you can say bad team with high picks got good but it’s not really supporting the argument.
The Rams for example had 13 years between winning seasons so the argument that losing led to winning is a guaranteed argument of you wait indefinitely.
I think a better example is looking at the teams that are at or near the top for an extended period and see whether they went for duds to studs or were competitive and improved. My guess is the later.

This Patriots team is a really strange unit. We play well against better than average teams, but have lost to the 49ers, Texans and Broncos. We have heart, I'll give us that. I'm assuming we don't win out, but happy with this win regardless.

4 INTs in 27 throws is absolutely terrible.

It’s really not defining though. Look at them. One was a perfect throw that bounced off Edelman hands. Another was his first nfl throw and he just threw it too hard. Yes if he continued to throw 18 years passes to 7 yard ins it would mean he sucks but I think we can agree it was an aberration.
The other one vs kc was desperation and the one vs sf was in a blowout.
It’s quite a stretch to say those plays are indicative of how he would play as a starting qb.

Amazing win. Less than 200 yards of offense by the Pats, and yet they still win. Defense played well, young defenders played well, and the special teams, including the return game, was huge.

Such a weird season. Beating good teams like Baltimore and Arizona, and losing games against losing teams that were struggling. Weird season.

It’s really not defining though. Look at them. One was a perfect throw that bounced off Edelman hands. Another was his first nfl throw and he just threw it too hard. Yes if he continued to throw 18 years passes to 7 yard ins it would mean he sucks but I think we can agree it was an aberration.
It’s quite a stretch to say those plays are indicative of how he would play as a starting qb.
I'm assuming you're talking about Stid?

While I don't disagree, you'd think if Bill had faith in him he'd be playing by now? He must think Cam is a better option. Also, he started Hoyer over Stid during the Chiefs game. He at the very least probably isn't ready yet.

The Rams took a decade to turn it around. Not sure why would anybody use them as an argument. The Eagles, you're just making stuff up. They went 7-9 twice and other tham that had winning records.
You are using teams that have proven to just be bad and incompetently run as your examples. If you think we are bad an incompetently run, then it doesn’t matter what we do.

The closest examples to an actual tank was the 2011 Colts. They were back in the playoffs immediately after and were a solid team until Luck got hurt. Lawrence is similar to a Luck level player.

If you want to talk about complete tear downs, you have the Niner’s who were just in a SB and the Cardinals who have been better.

The Giants were not playing for a rebuild. They were just bad. That’s not what we are talking about. The Browns likewise were just incompetently run. The closest they got to rebuilding was when Sashi Brown was there and quite frankly he did a lot of things that led to them having a ton of talent. They just don’t have a coach, which isn’t a problem we have

Amazing win. Less than 200 yards of offense by the Pats, and yet they still win. Defense played well, young defenders played well, and the special teams, including the return game, was huge.

Such a weird season. Beating good teams like Baltimore and Arizona, and losing games against losing teams that were struggling. Weird season.

I'm a glass half full type, the fact they've been competitive every game despite 26M in dead cap space and 8 covid opt-outs, gets me excited for the future. The team competes hard and just needs a full roster.

and why do we pay do terrible on the road?

The run defense impressed in some important situations. That was a rough group of guys with Allen, Davis, and Cowart all out.

I'm a glass half full type, the fact they've been competitive every game despite 26M in dead cap space and 8 covid opt-outs, gets me excited for the future. The team competes hard and just needs a full roster.

We ain't as bad as the tankers believe.

I see a team that has heart and usually plays teams close. I'm honestly hoping for 8-8 to avoid a losing season but one game at a time!

This Patriots team is a really strange unit. We play well against better than average teams, but have lost to the 49ers, Texans and Broncos. We have heart, I'll give us that. I'm assuming we don't win out, but happy with this win regardless.
Pats aren’t a bad team. We’re an inconsistent team and flawed in almost every area, but well coached.

The Jets - that’s a bad team.

We ain't as bad as the tankers believe.

I see a team that has heart and usually plays teams close. I'm honestly hoping for 8-8 to avoid a losing season but one game at a time!
Still need a QB and historically that’s a draft move

Pats aren’t a bad team. We’re an inconsistent team and flawed on both sides of the ball, but well coached.

I'm looking forward to 2021.

Oh and don't look now but Chiefs are beating TB soundly. Did Brady REALLY win by leaving NE? He may have been better staying in NE.

Pats aren’t a bad team. We’re an inconsistent team and flawed in almost every area, but well coached.

The Patriots are disciplined team that maximizes what they have despite a lack of talent because of good coaching and situational football.

The Jets have less talent and worse coaching and no confidence

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
You are using teams that have proven to just be bad and incompetently run as your examples. If you think we are bad an incompetently run, then it doesn’t matter what we do.

The closest examples to an actual tank was the 2011 Colts. They were back in the playoffs immediately after and were a solid team until Luck got hurt. Lawrence is similar to a Luck level player.

If you want to talk about complete tear downs, you have the Niner’s who were just in a SB and the Cardinals who have been better.

The Giants were not playing for a rebuild. They were just bad. That’s not what we are talking about. The Browns likewise were just incompetently run. The closest they got to rebuilding was when Sashi Brown was there and quite frankly he did a lot of things that led to them having a ton of talent. They just don’t have a coach, which isn’t a problem we have
Right, we're not a poorly run franchise which is why we are never getting the #1 pick so fixating on it is pointless. If the team wins games, it's because the players are playing well enough, which means there are pieces to build on. We'd be in worse shape if we can't manage to win any games because a couple of draft picks wouldn't fix that.

I am torn. I like that this team is fighting despite the lack of a lot of talent in areas. But I wanted them to tank this year. This NFL year is a joke because of COVID. Denver is playing today with a practice squad WR as their starting QB. This was the year to tank and try to go after the QB of the future. Now the Pats are likely to go around 8-8 or 9-7 and be middle of the pack in the draft order.

Right, we're not a poorly run franchise which is why we are never getting the #1 pick so fixating on it is pointless. If the team wins games, it's because the players are playing well enough, which means there are pieces to build on. We'd be in worse shape if we can't manage to win any games because a couple of draft picks wouldn't fix that.
It doesn’t need to be number 1, but QB is a problem and you need to get a QB in the draft. If Brady, Brees, Stafford, whoever we’re available they are going to want to go to a win now team. Cam was just luck.

We need to be in position to draft an answer at QB

I am torn. I like that this team is fighting despite the lack of a lot of talent in areas. But I wanted them to tank this year. This NFL year is a joke because of COVID. Denver is playing today with a practice squad WR as their starting QB. This was the year to tank and try to go after the QB of the future. Now the Pats are likely to go around 8-8 or 9-7 and be middle of the pack in the draft order.
I honestly see it differently. If we go 9-7 after starting 2-5 and with as many holes as we have, doesn't that mean our future is bright? We've won 3 of our last 4

I think our team will be better next season

Why couldn't have Bill drafted Jonathan Jones in the 2nd round in '16, Adam Butler in the 2nd or 3rd round in '17 and JC Jackson in the 2nd round '18? His drafting cred would be so much higher because apparently you don't get credit for UDFA gems

9gpq1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore