PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Postgame Thread: Patriots fall to Texans 22-28

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread. Everything that needs to be said about the play on the field, coaching and ownership decisions has been said.

The rest of the NEP season?
It doesn't end until there are no games left for the Patriots to play.
Baby steps.
"On to KC"
Do what has to be done to secure the Division..
Stop worrying about what is beyond control, like HFA.

I think we lose to KC .And now dalton is playing well . So we may lose to cincy . And then OMG the bills at home with that defense.They are bound to win at some point. And I am sure after miami beat that eagles team scoring 37 pts against whom we just scored 17 we have a realistic chance of losing that too....Will we make the playoffs ? OMG. We suck!Brady is done. When have we ever seen this franchise fix its problems . :rolleyes:

Harry < Dorset < Meyers < Sanu < Most JAG receivers < Edelman <<<<<<<< ANTONIO BROWN.

Sign the beast, save the season.
Why are all the "greater than" arrows pointing to the left? Do you read from right to left?

I find it troubling that both Sanu and Harry were no where to be seen last night. Neither one of them was part of the two minute offense, and Harry basically never saw the field again after the INT. Was he hurt?

The fact that the Pats used a 1st and 2nd rd picks on guys that didn't play the first 8 games, and apparently still don't know the offense enough to be on the field in the two minute drill is troubling to say the least.

Triple Edelman and put a CB on White and the Pats are toast. Its the same game plan teams have been using for weeks. The Pats have ZERO talent to off set this defense!!

Think about it, Watson's 3rd WR is more accomplished than any other WR the Pats have on their roster (aside from Edelman).

The year started with Edelman, Gordon, Brown, Thomas, Dorsett

Now they have Edelman, Dorsett, a UDRFA, and two guys who don't know the offense enough to even participate in the 2 minute drill.

Once again, for the umpteenth year, BB has left the cupboard bare for Brady and expects him to make chicken salad out of chicken ****!

Unless they bring back AB, this is not getting fixed.

I find it troubling that both Sanu and Harry were no where to be seen last night. Neither one of them was part of the two minute offense, and Harry basically never saw the field again after the INT. Was he hurt?

The fact that the Pats used a 1st and 2nd rd picks on guys that didn't play the first 8 games, and apparently still don't know the offense enough to be on the field in the two minute drill is troubling to say the least.

Triple Edelman and put a CB on White and the Pats are toast. Its the same game plan teams have been using for weeks. The Pats have ZERO talent to off set this defense!!

Think about it, Watson's 3rd WR is more accomplished than any other WR the Pats have on their roster (aside from Edelman).

Now they have Edelman, Dorsett, a UDRFA, and two guys who don't know the offense enough to even participate in the 2 minute drill.

Once again, for the umpteenth year, BB has left the cupboard bare for Brady and expects him to make chicken salad out of chicken ****!

The most disappointing thing is the fact that Nkeal Harry had a disappearing act after that stupid mistake on the route. He’s the most physical receiver on the team. If DK metcalf can deliver this year, there is no excuse for Harry unless he’s still injured and we don’t know it.

Is it true that Bill put Steve on time out when he got home last night?

Bill Belichick is a master. He learned a lot from 2007 and doesn't want team going into the playoffs as a favorite. First time NEP are no longer favorites to win the SB, now Ravens are the favorites.

BB has the NFL right where he wants them.

Why are all the "greater than" arrows pointing to the left? Do you read from right to left?

Stupid post makes stupid mistake...

been saying for a decade now that if I was a promising WR coming out of college, the LAST good team I'd want drafting me would be the Patriots. Their offense is difficult and Brady has no patience (less each year) with anything less than seasoned perfection.

N'Keal Harry could be a good pro receiver - but never in this system. Makes you wonder, if the twitch game is what the Pats want, or maybe all Brady can do now after all these years, then why the hell did they draft Harry instead of someone like Deebo Samuel?

Harry isn't built for running Edelman/Amendola/Welker routes. I figured they were going to change the offense when they brought in all these huge WRs, but nope, they're instead sticking a square peg into a round hole, with expected success...

This is on the coaches, and yes, on Brady. His comments and open frustration aren't leadership - it's like he's got that whole offense walking on eggshells, thinking too much and terrified of making a mistake and being put in timeout corner. Even Dorsett and Brady are off now.

Sorry, but I'm watching other teams - Seahawks, Chiefs, Rams, etc - scheming lesser receivers than the Pats corps open all day long.

Again, the Pats COULD HAVE drafted Samuel and Mecole Hardman, Isabella, or even Terry McLauren if they wanted a middle-of-the-field, Edelman-like scrapper.

Instead you're going to run Harry 5 yards on a turn-in against Robey? (Ps. on that play, Myers was open 10 yards further along and 5 yards to the middle of the field).

BB excels in putting defenders in a position to succeed. They just aren't doing that on the offensive side of the ball right now...leading to posts like the one in question, where Sanu is worse than most JAGs? Umm, you know, there's actually a history on the guy worth looking at.

A myriad of problems put them to this point, most notably, the collapse of the OL to injuries early on that severely limited their game plan. It's really frustrating, though, to see the way their skill position drafting is not aligned with their game style, adn hteir utter inability to adjust that game style.

Or maybe they're just building for the future. Brady doesn't look like someone who wants to play another year - here, at least.

PS. None of this means I don't think they can't right the ship enough to push out a couple of wins in January/February. Haven't given up on them.

I had been drinking. It made sense at that time.

Great stuff here. I watched the Colts run on these Texans 8 or 9 plays in a row. I thought the Pats would do the same. Take some pressure off the sick/weakened defense. That didnt happen. The passing game is atrocious for a bunch of reasons. I dont see how it will get better. Brady has an amazing record in a dome on SNF. You would think this would have been the game for them to finally figure it out. But they did not. Looked even worse than previous games. Lots of head scratching coaching too. What the hell is up with the 2 point try? Moving back 5 yards for the new kicker who hasnt played in months?! Isnt that something we see the other teams mess up? 4th and inches and they throw?

Hopefully the defense will play better after recovering from the flu. Still the offense will need to do better than this to beat the Chefs. 24 points at the very least. Im not so sure they can. Nothing Ive seen recently is trending in the right direction for this offense.

Great stuff here. I watched the Colts run on these Texans 8 or 9 plays in a row. I thought the Pats would do the same. Take some pressure off the sick/weakened defense. That didnt happen. The passing game is atrocious for a bunch of reasons. I dont see how it will get better. Brady has an amazing record in a dome on SNF. You would think this would have been the game for them to finally figure it out. But they did not. Looked even worse than previous games. Lots of head scratching coaching too. What the hell is up with the 2 point try? Moving back 5 yards for the new kicker who hasnt played in months?! Isnt that something we see the other teams mess up? 4th and inches and they throw?

Hopefully the defense will play better after recovering from the flu. Still the offense will need to do better than this to beat the Chefs. 24 points at the very least. Im not so sure they can. Nothing Ive seen recently is trending in the right direction for this offense.

Need the D and ST to kick in few points like in the heady days of Weeks 1-8.

That JAG was a key cog in adding Lombardi #6 to the collection. Lamar Jackson has yet to win anything of consequence.
Running behind the best OL in the NFL last year with a healthy Develin, Andrews and Shaq Mason and Trent Williams in full beast mode. Call me unimpressed. Waste of a 1st round draft pick.

When. he was scoring 6 TD's in the playoffs and getting 100 yards each game, nobody was complaining.

Running behind the best OL in the NFL last year with a healthy Develin, Andrews and Shaq Mason and Trent Williams in full beast mode. Call me unimpressed. Waste of a 1st round draft pick.

Calling it right now, Pats don't win another game unless the opponent scores less than 28...no way this offense score more than 4 tds in a game...and no, we can't count on special teams/defensive scores...

Title defenses are tough. :shrug:

If you told me before the season the Pats would be tied for the best record in football at 10-2 with 3 of the next four at home, I'd be looking to high five you all. Sure, they look to be trending in the wrong direction, but after last December I'm not calling anything.

Regards,
Chris

The defense won the majority of those games. We struggled even against redundant teams, whose season's were already over.

Who would’ve thought that losing Antonio Brown, Danny Amendola, Chris Hogan, Demaryius Thomas, Rob Gronkowski and Josh Gordon would have an impact?
You're reaching on some of those names
At the risk of being a complete dork and not picking up the sarcasm, you realize they are lesser than signs right lol

Can harry get open down the field? Seems like every route is short. I didn’t have him as a top 5 wideout in the draft.

Sanu looks hurt. He was used in limited duty and wasn’t doing a lot of quick breaks. His ankle is surely still an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes