Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Old enough to know what I'm saying, the fact you don't agree with things people post doesn't make you right pops! I'm old enough to have seen the squish the fish game, I'm old enough to remember how bad we were in the 80s, old enough to remember how bad we were in early 90s, old enough to know all good things come to an end.. and what does the bills head coaching history have any relevance to a game played in December 2022.. #12 was the sole reason our hall of fame coach is in fact just that!
Then it boggles my mind you've seen all this bad coaching and you want Belichick fired. It's preposterous.

You'd probably want to hire McVay and the type, a complete and utter disaster.

If Bill Leaves here he will be courted by the Texans, Broncos, Panthers, Falcons, maybe more.

But this coaching staff needs fresh mind and innovation and I don’t see any other way,

I think you make Wes Welker HC and make Mayo DC ass HC.
Two young bright minds.
Maybe hire Hoyer as OC.

You trade whatever it takes for. Strong armed athletic smart QB.
You do whatever you can in your Power to get that guy.
If it’s picks players no player on the current team should be untradable aside from.
Jack Jones, Marcus Jones, Tyquan Thornton, Josh Uche, Christian Barmore.
Those are your pillars.

Everything else is churn and burn.

Then it boggles my mind you've seen all this bad coaching and you want Belichick fired. It's preposterous.

You'd probably want to hire McVay and the type, a complete and utter disaster.
No, no no I never said I WANTED BB fired I said I could very well envision it.. if it did happen as Jonathan is running the day to day operations of the team.. he's a all about business he isn't a sentimental as his old man..

BB is still the best coach in the NFL, no denying that.. however his staff, his choice of having unqualified people run his offense and accend his young qb has people critical.. if BB ever stepped away I'd rather have Sean Payton as a head coach..

If Bill Leaves here he will be courted by the Texans, Broncos, Panthers, Falcons, maybe more.

But this coaching staff needs fresh mind and innovation and I don’t see any other way,

Two young bright minds.
Maybe hire Hoyer as OC.

If it’s picks players no player on the current team should be untradable aside from.
Those are your pillars.

If Bill isn't going to work for a 2nd generation owner will he expect the owner to take on a second gen coach?
I don't know. My post was speculation on a way out for Bill as a response if a regime change was immanent. I don't believe it is. I have no idea what Jonathan's relationship with Steven or or Brian is.

Two young bright minds.
Maybe hire Hoyer as OC.
James Franco Reaction GIF

BB is still the best coach in the NFL, no denying that.. however his staff, his choice of having unqualified people run his offense and accend his young qb has people critical.. if BB ever stepped away I'd rather have Sean Payton as a head coach..
Is he? I haven't seen anything that suggests so tbh. The new dolphins n coach is killing it. Same goes with vrabel. We are competing with bottom dwellers now.

Bill might need to leave if he doesn't bring in fresh OC and defensive coordinator

Two young bright minds.
Maybe hire Hoyer as OC.

Those are your pillars.

Absolutely, there's a poster on here that seems to think most of us are calling for BB , of course not! His staff, as he as hired them needs to be revamped. He doesn't of course have Josh, dabol, crennel, O'Brien, wiess, Flores

Those were talented minds! I don't want BB fired I can envision a scenario where he'd amicably steps away of course..

The NFL in 2022 is all about talent and having the coaching to MAXIMIZE the talent.. look at McDaniel in Miami what he's done for tua with those burners at receiver.. these next 5 games should all be about getting Mac in tune with Thornton.. I believe next season the receiving corps will be revamped.

No, no no I never said I WANTED BB fired I said I could very well envision it.. if it did happen as Jonathan is running the day to day operations of the team.. he's a all about business he isn't a sentimental as his old man..

Yea Sean Payton is who I want. He would make us a offensive powerhouse which is what it takes to survive in today's NFL.

And he would come to us at the drop of a hat.

Is he? I haven't seen anything that suggests so tbh. The new dolphins n coach is killing it. Same goes with vrabel. We are competing with bottom dwellers now.

Bill might need to leave if he doesn't bring in fresh OC and defensive coordinator
Yes he still is regarded as the best in the business however that based on his record. I understand what your saying though.. Bill just needs a refreshing on his staff.. get Billy o'Brien back here to run the offense..

??? you do not remember Matt P in Detroit?? You do not remember the issues he had with the media..hold on..let me see if i can find some quotes from players talking bad about him...
I responded to the wrong post.

This game went more or less how I though it would. Although, I don't think Buffalo played anywhere close to their best game. Still they dominated the game and it's pretty evident that the Patriots are the inferior team (players and coaches). What can be said about the specifics of the game?... the Patriots just got outplayed and outcoached across the board for 60 minutes.

The next two are must-wins, they have to be 8-6 heading into the CIN, MIA and @BUF finish if there's any hope for a wild card spot. I don't see it, not with the offense being subpar and a defense that always gets exposed against legitimate competition. There's a decent chance this team finishes last in the division at 8-9.

Not surprised, Bills are a top team and we are one of the worst. We’ve done well to win as many games as we have and this is a result of trying to remain competitive without being competitive enough post Brady.

We have no chance in the playoffs so just lose out now please.

Most posters can't answer this because they will walk themselves into a checkmate. If they say he's a good coach, then that means the talent is bad. If the talent is bad, then that's saying he's a bad GM.

I think he can still coach, but I'd like him to go back to when he had a great staff surrounding him like the early days. Along with some key players, you saw the cracks in the armor when Weiss, Crennel, Magini, Pepper Johnson, Rob Ryan, etc. left. The 10 year drought happened for a reason.

Last edited:
Yea Sean Payton is who I want. He would make us a offensive powerhouse which is what it takes to survive in today's NFL.

And he would come to us at the drop of a hat.

This game went more or less how I though it would. Although, I don't think Buffalo played anywhere close to their best game. Still they dominated the game and it's pretty evident that the Patriots are the inferior team (players and coaches). What can be said about the specifics of the game?... the Patriots just got outplayed and outcoached across the board for 60 minutes.

The next two are must-wins, they have to be 8-6 heading into the CIN, MIA and @BUF finish if there's any hope for a wild card spot. I don't see it, not with the offense being subpar and a defense that always gets exposed against legitimate competition. There's a decent chance this team finishes last in the division at 8-9.
We need a bona-fide stud WR on offense like most playoff contenders have, need a lock down corner like we always seemed to have , and yes most contenders have... 8-9 feels like what it will be.. it's tough becuase this season was supposed to be progress.. once you start seeing players express thier frustration publicly you know the problems are real!

1,2, and 4.

It is amazing how people are laser focused on blaming Jones for the offensive woes. The o-line can let two or three defenders into the backfield untouched and it is Jones' fault that he didn't step up in the pocket. I don't know who Kyles is, but I agree with his assessment. But I do think #3 is a product of #1.

I know Bill likes to walk around and act like he was ever in the military which has always had a strange undertone to it but whatever, the fact is that this isn’t the military its a business. And while all businesses have hierarchies Bill isn’t at the top, Robert Kraft is, and his employees are all grown ass men being paid a lot of money and they have the right to call out what they feel is bulls.hit decisions and incompetence by the coaches and other powers that be. Anyone would when they believe they are being set up to fail and putting their careers at risk.

I think it's both. Patricia is garbage at coaching offense.

But WHO put him in that position? Bill. This team took a Huge step forward last year. 10 wins, playoffs a rookie who threw for 23 tds.

Then McDaniels leaves and instead of what normal teams do. He hires two fired coaches who ruined their teams (which are playing better without them) because they are yes men and he doesn't have to pay them. And throws them into roles they've never done before.

And this is the result. McDaniels had his faults but he at least was a real OC. Knew how to call the game and adjust. Patricia is just using ask Madden.

People can put the blame on the players hoping it's zappe can save everything. But there's regression across the board. The OL, the tight ends, Kendrick Bourne, Mac jones....all these players couldn't have just fell off a cliff.

They just have piss poor coaching that doesn't know what they are doing.

We added to a playoff team and got worse. That's coaching. Miami added 1 player to their team and had a QB who last year looked worse than Mac does now with people saying to dump tua. Now they are a Superbowl contender. That's coaching.
Appreciate your opinion and insight…thanks

The Bills OL knows that Allen will get rid of the ball fast or take off running. Allen is not a statue or slow. He processes what happens on the field quickly.

The Bills know how to play Jones to the letter. I dont even need to search to know that Jones numbers are horrendous vs that defense.

This is no different than when Bledsoe was the QB. The OC was no good. The OL couldnt block. Bledsoe needed this guy and that guy and then we can win. Then Brady steps in and begins to execute. Convert 3rd downs. Make clutch plays and emgineer game winning drives. Brady had 3 in his 2nd year in 2001 and Jones has NONE. Dont expect any either because Jones cannot bring the team back from behind.

Zappe should have been given a chance, but I understand that could create a QB controversy if the offense began to move and god forbid score TDs. Hopefully next game Patricia lets Jones throw deep like he wants. These checkdowns are going to get Meyers and Stevenson on IR.

So the Bills block for Allen because they know he gets rid of the ball quickly and the Patriots don't block for Jones because he is a statue. You do realize that prior to this week, Jones averaged 2.4 seconds in the pocket before pressure and Allen averaged 2.5 seconds. In averages, 0.1% is not insignificant.

You do realize that Bledsoe was a four time Pro Bowler (when making the Pro Bowl actually meant something) and was a top 5-10 QB for much of the 1990s? And he led to the Pats to the Super Bowl? And he had good years after he left the Patriots? I don't get your reference. Are you arguing Jones is a good QB hindered by the players around him? Because that was the case with Bledsoe during the Zampese years.

And I don't get why you would compare him to Brady since Jones isn't Brady and the the 2022 Patriots defense isn't the Patriots defenses of the early 2000s.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back