OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LB is a "need" every single year. We've avoided WR for far too long. This year, they should go all in on offense and only look at defense to replace guys already gone. They also should make a big play at WR. Like a Diggs style move or a trade.
no use trading for a #1 WR if we dont know how to use them.

The problem isn't that Belichick is bad. The problem is that Belichick has bad people and he has so much power now and is at an age where it might be an either or. Get rid of the ****ty people in the staff and risk that Belichick won't tolerate it and leave OR keep Bill and put up with this staff and any other dumb questionable staff questions he makes.

He put everyone in a crap position by putting his son on as a defensive coach and a defacto coordinator because you basically can't get rid of him without losing Bill. But even if we all say Steve is acceptable, Bill still wanted to hire his friends and not put them back in their old positions one of which would have replaced his son. So now we are stuck with Patricia in a position he is awful at.

But I'm not sure we can force anything on Bill. He'll probably want to keep control or leave.
If he doesn't do something drastic, I am fine with him leaving. He can take this clown show somewhere else.

Why was it automatic Patricia would be so bad at this? Because he was a defensive coach?

Patricia would not be the first to make the transition and succeed.

It has failed, but it was not a foregone conclusion. Patricia was excellent on defense. Belichick himself has spent many years planning the offense, and he's a defensive coach, so I'm sure in his mind, this had the probability of working out quite well.
I agree, Patricia deserves some slack....now that rope is around his neck.

Most posters can't answer this because they will walk themselves into a checkmate. If they say he's a good coach, then that means the talent is bad. If the talent is bad, then that's saying he's a bad GM.

I think he can still coach, but I'd like him to go back to when he had a great staff surrounding him like the early days. Along with some key players, you saw the cracks in the armor when Weiss, Crennel, Magini, Pepper Johnson, Rob Ryan, etc. left. The 10 year drought happened for a reason.
Pretty much agree at this point. I think Bill is still likely a great HC. I also believe he is decent enough as GM. He's made some bad personnel decisions, sure, but overall the talent on this team should be sufficient to play a hell of a lot better than they currently are.
Bill's failure is in staff decisions, giving too big of responsibilities to people who haven't demonstrated they can handle it. It also seems like Bill probably felt that if Patricia/Judge/Steve weren't fully up to their tasks, that he himself could make up for any shortcomings. Ultimately, we have ended up with a coaching staff without enough talent, stretched too thin, and no leaders on either side of the ball to help compensate.
If he doesn't demonstrate the ability to adjust, fix the staff, fix the OL this offseason..

You have to have an OL before making that determination.

I really would like to see what Bourne, Meyers, Parker, Henry, Smith and Thornton can do together with a functioning offense.
Aside from Thornton and maybe Parker, we've already seen enough of these guys. Delaying that determination is insanity at this point.

Along with OL, WR is a massive need.
I feel like I am beating this drum too often. Bill doesn't build his teams around shiny WRs. He didn't do it until they brought in Randy, he hasn't done it since. It can be argued they didn't win chit when Randy was here. Good tight ends, good RBs, decent WRs, excellent slots. We have good TEs, they ain't Gronkian. Certainly at the level of Fauria, Graham, Watson. We have as good of RBs as anytime during the Brady years, save for Corey Dillon's years. Might need a 3rd down back, along the Faulk/White level. Our WRs are decent. There's no Troy Brown/Wes Welker/Julian Edelman at slot, Meyers is not at that level. So... slot is a need, unless you want to change how teams have been traditionally built here. What we don't have as a great QB and a great OC. Next year they have money to spend, as long as they keep a QB with a rookie pay scale.

What's lame is your post, because he kept that play alive.

It wasn't pathetic at all because he actually got himself in position to set and throw the ball. His receivers gave up on the play. No one came back like they are taught to do when the play extends. WRs are supposed to know what to do in those situations
Sure man, he just threw it to a DB in the EZ after all that. Not pathetic at all.

One thing I am starting to wonder about is what Kraft thinks. We're in the middle of a stretch of multiple nationally televised games, and the offense looks inept (putting it kindly). That can't be good for business.
I've said this in the past, we've been on national television a few times this season and we've lost every game! Not just us in New England, but the entire country sees how inept the offense is.

What I believe- Kraft is riding the season out, knowing as much that changes need to be made. I'm noticing some different tones in BB post game interviews as of late..

I feel like I am beating this drum too often. Bill doesn't build his teams around shiny WRs. He didn't do it until they brought in Randy, he hasn't done it since. It can be argued they didn't win chit when Randy was here. Good tight ends, good RBs, decent WRs, excellent slots. We have good TEs, they ain't Gronkian. Certainly at the level of Fauria, Graham, Watson. We have as good of RBs as anytime during the Brady years, save for Corey Dillon's years. Might need a 3rd down back, along the Faulk/White level. Our WRs are decent. There's no Troy Brown/Wes Welker/Julian Edelman at slot, Meyers is not at that level. So... slot is a need, unless you want to change how teams have been traditionally built here. What we don't have as a great QB and a great OC. Next year they have money to spend, as long as they keep a QB with a rookie pay scale.
His team was already in tact and built when we traded for randy. Still had rosy Colvin, Vrabel, Troy brown Rodney, brushci, Vince Seymour, of course Brady.

Adding randy for a 4th round pick was alot easier to integrate with all those seasoned respected vets..

The thing is, we had competent coaches back then especially on offense.. I don't even know what type offense we run!

Bill is basically Buddy Ryan as a head coach without Brady.

Not a big fan of Bill right now, so this comment does nothing…

Not a big fan of Bill right now, so this comment does nothing…

So what you're saying is that TB12 was one of the 2 top QBs before 2007 when he became the undisputed top qb for almost 15 years. Got it!

His team was already in tact and built when we traded for randy. Still had rosy Colvin, Vrabel, Troy brown Rodney, brushci, Vince Seymour, of course Brady.

Adding randy for a 4th round pick was alot easier to integrate with all those seasoned respected vets..

The thing is, we had competent coaches back then especially on offense.. I don't even know what type offense we run!
All of those guys with the exception of Troy and Tedy are guys either drafted by or signed by Bill. Randy was the cherry on top.

You have to have an OL before making that determination.

I really would like to see what Bourne, Meyers, Parker, Henry, Smith and Thornton can do together with a functioning offense.
I don't. I'm sick of pushing WR on the backburner. It doesn't work in todays NFL. Get someone you know is good, then if they don't work, we can evaluate what we need on the OL. Right now we are just guessing that we'll get everything else right and maybe these guys will be good. Maybe if we had a more effective passing game people would respect it more and take some pressure off the line. I'd rather start with proven and work backwards than start with "well maybe if we fix this it will improve this" and I certainty don't want to build a good offensive line to find out the receivers suck and then watch us waste it.

All of those guys with the exception of Troy and Tedy are guys either drafted by or signed by Bill. Randy was the cherry on top.
Absolutely spot on! Signed ans drafted by Bill and pioli!

I just think NFL has evolved and this happens in so many Business’s and social circles, where people just can’t adapt and thrive.
I think the NFL Bill knew is dead.
The players act and respond differently.
The offenses are more attack than game management.
Knowing the movement of a blade of grass or how a rival kicker puts his shoes on means nothing when your offense can’t put points on the board.

Defense is very much a reacting not attacking to situations on third downs especially.

They aren’t decisive with a plan of attack so they are giving offenses an advantage and your give Josh Allen an extra second and that’s all he he needs.
Ball gets there boom boom.
Mac throws the ball receiver needs to wait allowing defender to close on the ball.
Thornton maybe Diggs are better but with the QB and offensive play calling we would never know.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back