OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coaching, coaching, coaching. It all stems from replacing McDaniels with Patricia.

Who is in charge of the offense and OL? Patricia. Hire real coaches. If the OL and Mac still look like this then maybe I'll say they are the problem.

But right now when all your players regress and it's essentially the same team. It's the coaching
You are right… And who made the horrible decision to put Patricia in this role. Matty P isn’t going to turn down a coaching position…..it’s far more lucrative than working at Home Depot or Fed ex…. The onus and blame should be squarely placed on Bill Belichick the head coach for making this blunderous decision.

I checked out at halftime after watching another missed field goal after an absolutely HORRENDOUS set of play calling.

Like what the **** are we even doing here right now?

a two minute drill past mid field and patricia is calling draws up the middle and ****ing qb sneaks with 30 seconds left burning our remaining time outs, and short little 3 yard out routes.

I could call a better game with my eyes closed and a horse kicking me in the balls.

Patricia saw a screen go for a td, and then the next 8 play calls were all screens that went nowhere.

The dude sucks

oh and he's the o-line coach, I wonder if matty P is the one teaching trent brown to try and block people by their shoelaces?

This si the worst this team has looked since ive been alive.
I didn’t know Matty was the OL coach as well…makes sense …no wonder they are sloppy, undisciplined and lazy….just like their coach….Trent Brown is horrible….How many penalties now and has allowed how many sacks…he is a liability

….Trent Brown is horrible….How many penalties now and has allowed how many sacks…he is a liability
Trent Brown was physically sick yesterday!!! He shouldn't have played but we had nobody to put at LT. He deserves a mulligan for yesterday. I think his best position is RT though.

Then it boggles my mind you've seen all this bad coaching and you want Belichick fired. It's preposterous.

You'd probably want to hire McVay and the type, a complete and utter disaster.
The problem isn't that Belichick is bad. The problem is that Belichick has bad people and he has so much power now and is at an age where it might be an either or. Get rid of the ****ty people in the staff and risk that Belichick won't tolerate it and leave OR keep Bill and put up with this staff and any other dumb questionable staff questions he makes.

He put everyone in a crap position by putting his son on as a defensive coach and a defacto coordinator because you basically can't get rid of him without losing Bill. But even if we all say Steve is acceptable, Bill still wanted to hire his friends and not put them back in their old positions one of which would have replaced his son. So now we are stuck with Patricia in a position he is awful at.

But I'm not sure we can force anything on Bill. He'll probably want to keep control or leave.

hard to be clutch when your coach is calling a qb sneak with 30 seconds left in the first half instead of trying to put ****ing points on the board.
Like I have an honest question here, since patricia is the oline coach, and the o-coordinator.

What does he do after every ****ing three and out he calls?

Does he spend time with the o-line coaching them up, or does he spend time with mac and the offensive skill players coaching them up?

Josh used to sit with mac and brady and go over the previous series, but matty p is pulling double duty and both of his areas are absolute trash right now.

how does he spend the time while our defense continues to get gassed every game because they are on the field for 45 minutes?

QB sneak there was asinine…..

Trent Brown was physically sick yesterday!!! He shouldn't have played but we had nobody to put at LT. He deserves a mulligan for yesterday. I think his best position is RT though.
I agree with you they shouldn’t have put him out there if he was that sick because he was useless… I’m sure they could’ve pulled somebody in from free agency or a practice squad that would’ve done a better job there

It is amazing how people are laser focused on blaming Jones for the offensive woes. The o-line can let two or three defenders into the backfield untouched and it is Jones' fault that he didn't step up in the pocket. I don't know who Kyles is, but I agree with his assessment. But I do think #3 is a product of #1.
This is the bigger problem for me. Jones is an easy scapegoat because it's easy to fantasize that one guy is all of our problems and fixing that will change everything. When it's more likely Jones isn't progressing fast enough and part of that is that there's incompetence around him which is effecting him and him being effected makes the problem worse. Same **** happened when we had a skeleton crew and Cam. Cam sucked, but the team had zero talent and wouldn't have succeeded with anybody. But people wanted to pretend you could ditch Cam and bring in Stidham and he would magically reveal himself to be amazing and all the problems would go away.

Nobody wants to accept this is a bigger problem and a much harder one to fix.

Most posters can't answer this because they will walk themselves into a checkmate. If they say he's a good coach, then that means the talent is bad. If the talent is bad, then that's saying he's a bad GM.

I think he can still coach, but I'd like him to go back to when he had a great staff surrounding him like the early days. Along with some key players, you saw the cracks in the armor when Weiss, Crennel, Magini, Pepper Johnson, Rob Ryan, etc. left. The 10 year drought happened for a reason.
Disagree with this..

It's the NFL. You cycle and rebuild.

You accumulate talent. Look at the 2019-2020 roster and look at the roster now.

We're not that far off from a complete team. OL and LB is a huge need. Should not be that difficult to address next year.

On offense, we do have coaching dysfunction.

This team should be building toward next year but we won't know if we can get there unless the offensive coaching is solved

Oh 2006 they were a 12-4 dominate defense, over achievement on offense, aging Troy brown, Gaffney, Caldwell on the outside.. Doug Gabriel..

Kraft is a respected, proud owner he will definitely make changes
I hope he does… It is time… He has plenty of stats and information from 2020 to present to make the best decisions going forward for this team!

I question the secondary right now, Jonathan Jones just Cannot seem to compete with elite WRs.. Jones is a much better player than he's displayed last 2 weeks, Diggs is just a pros pro.
Excellent route runner, uche was the the only one on D making plays.. well.. I'm sensing some real strife on this team..
Unless you have a top 5 CB (and maybe a top 3) absolutely no team has business with Diggs being in a 1 on 1.

The problem isn't that Belichick is bad. The problem is that Belichick has bad people and he has so much power now and is at an age where it might be an either or. Get rid of the ****ty people in the staff and risk that Belichick won't tolerate it and leave OR keep Bill and put up with this staff and any other dumb questionable staff questions he makes.

He put everyone in a crap position by putting his son on as a defensive coach and a defacto coordinator because you basically can't get rid of him without losing Bill. But even if we all say Steve is acceptable, Bill still wanted to hire his friends and not put them back in their old positions one of which would have replaced his son. So now we are stuck with Patricia in a position he is awful at.

But I'm not sure we can force anything on Bill. He'll probably want to keep control or leave.
Why was it automatic Patricia would be so bad at this? Because he was a defensive coach?

Patricia would not be the first to make the transition and succeed.

It has failed, but it was not a foregone conclusion. Patricia was excellent on defense. Belichick himself has spent many years planning the offense, and he's a defensive coach, so I'm sure in his mind, this had the probability of working out quite well.

One thing I am starting to wonder about is what Kraft thinks. We're in the middle of a stretch of multiple nationally televised games, and the offense looks inept (putting it kindly). That can't be good for business.

Why was it automatic Patricia would be so bad at this? Because he was a defensive coach?

Patricia would not be the first to make the transition and succeed.

It has failed, but it was not a foregone conclusion. Patricia was excellent on defense. Belichick himself has spent many years planning the offense, and he's a defensive coach, so I'm sure in his mind, this had the probability of working out quite well.
With a young QB who you are trying to develop and a relatively newish offense you want a vetted offensive mind, not a project because he's your friend. Especially a project who actually sucked when he went from defense to getting more control of the rest of the team

I have said to all those guys who want Bill's head on a spike outside Foxboro... Who do you want to replace him? There isn't chit out there, I agree. However, they certainly have looked outcoached the last couple of games. Not like what we are used to seeing around here.
I dont deny that.

I agree with you they shouldn’t have put him out there if he was that sick because he was useless… I’m sure they could’ve pulled somebody in from free agency or a practice squad that would’ve done a better job there
He just got sick yesterday though, they had no knowledge beforehand and the guy that they brought in McDermott, they had to use at RT because Cajuste was out...tough situation.

We're not that far off from a complete team. OL and LB is a huge need. Should not be that difficult to address next year.
Along with OL, WR is a massive need.

One thing I am starting to wonder about is what Kraft thinks. We're in the middle of a stretch of multiple nationally televised games, and the offense looks inept (putting it kindly). That can't be good for business.
They share revenue so it doesn't matter financially. What does matter is Kraft's pride in the product he owns. I think he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. He needs to reign Bill in, but he knows full well that Bill is still his best option as a coach moving forward. The problem is.... so does Bill.

WR is a massive need.
LB is a "need" every single year. We've avoided WR for far too long. This year, they should go all in on offense and only look at defense to replace guys already gone. They also should make a big play at WR. Like a Diggs style move or a trade.

Revisionist history. He was already talked about being a HOF by his 3rd Super Bowl win in 2004. He went into god mode by 2007.
But everytime until 2007 it was all ebcause NE had a defense and Colts didnt. Pats were slways the team "They are not very talented but they dont make mistakes" team or "they dont have any hof other than maybe the QB and the kicker" team . I used to get so pissed off hearing that commentary. 2007 onwards is when they flipped to an all brady team . And it didnt help them win a superbowl either until we got a decent defense in 2014

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back