Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It has to be hard to buy in for the players when things aren't going well when you hire your cheap buddys with barely any offensive experience to run the offense.

Never heard so many Pats players have opinions after a game like today. It's a wow moment.

Guess their media training person got fired?

They really must be fed up. Worst and most ironic part of course is none of them have earned the right to mouth off in public like this.

If we wanna ride Mac another year, so be it. He's, in my opinion, a mid tier ceiling QB; nothing great about his game but he at his best he can be efficient, take care of the ball. The issue with Mac's game is when you need big games against big QBs, he's not going to get you over a "our defense is having a bad game" night. Head to head in an important game against a Josh Allen, he's unlikely to elevate to overcome.

He's not an issue like some of the coaching staff. Patricia is bright in his own regard, but he's out of his element here. I just don't see the Steve/Judge/Patricia merit, they seem like legacy/family hires. Do I have suggestions? No, but this is where this team has to start. You can focus on WR/lack of TE production and OL issues from there.

I think people weren't far off projecting a middling team this year. Defense and run game has shined/excelled at times, but it's just a team that lacks important pieces as a total package.

I wonder where this team's focus is. You lost a game last week, season on the line and you miss a handoff on 3rd and inches on the first drive ? This team has no offensive leaders to lit a fire and the scheme and playcalling only makes them have more doubt in themselves.
God they were awful tonite.

Yep... If this were 2016 and another team, especially in the AFC, were playing Clown Ball as tragicomically as these frauds are doing it on a Weekly ****ing Basis, people would be starting threads about them... These ****ing Charmin-soft, dumber-than-dirt, undisciplined, lazy, ****ing gutless, talent-deficient bozos have made the 2009 team more closely resemble the 1967 Packers than any other team here has done in the subsequent dozen years... Congratulations...

It's disappointing that Bourne seems to be channeling his resentment in an unproductive manner, and it's hurting all the wrong people. Really a massive letdown because his lack of intensity and effort is killing the team, and I doubt he realizes it's not an easy switch to turn back on. Massive step back for him this year and I'd be surprised if he ever repeats what he did last season.

DawgHouse is absolutely correct to say what he said, and more.

Going forward can we start giving Thornton more playing time and some decent target volume? There’s no reason any of our current vets should be blocking playing time.

DawgHouse is absolutely correct to say what he said, and more.
Definitely correct to say it. But he could have handled himself a lot better this year.

That's what he was saying, didn't look like "running game" to me either.

So Mac want to throw the ball all over the field. So the approach at the beginning of the season was to please Mac and it was a disaster. If Mac is better the last few is because they came back to the quick game.

We are going nowhere with this guy cut bait now instead of losing 5 years.

This game would of been worse. Zappe even if he is more suitable to run. The bills defense is good and fast. They would of closed out on Zappe running and all that would of done is probably killed him!

The Bills beat up D tonight is not really all that good.

Your opinion is that it would have been worse with Zappe. Worse than 10 points.

I believe a QB with better pocket awareness, mobility, ability to progress to a secondary receiver would have mustered more than 10 points.

We'll have to disagree.

The difference is that Mahomes has the pure talent to get away with playing backyard football now and then. Mahomes can make occasional spectacular plays on the run. It's obvious from this game and several others this year that Mac has none of that ability to improvise once the pocket breaks down.

In Corky's defense, why weren't his receivers succeeding in shaking coverage while he was scrambling and buying time? I didn't see anybody open enough downfield to be deemed worthy of a target...

The Bills beat up D tonight is not really all that good.

Your opinion is that it would have been worse with Zappe. Worse than 10 points.

I believe a QB with better pocket awareness, mobility, ability to progress to a secondary receiver would have mustered more than 10 points.

We'll have to disagree.
But thinking he’d win a game dealing with that week after week is a massive ask. I also like the Zappe, but that’s also how you get young guys like him injured with separated shoulders, etc. because eventually they do get hit.

In Corky's defense, why weren't his receivers succeeding in shaking coverage while he was scrambling and buying time? I didn't see anybody open enough downfield to be deemed worthy of a target...
That overhead shot on one of the plays where they needed more yardage was bad, so the play design is obviously an issue also.

I’m gonna look at some of the positives before I get to Mac Jones. I love seeing Marcus Jones on offense. The guy should be getting 10 touches per game on offense. The speed is something we just haven’t seen in quite some time. The play he scored on, I’ve been begging the Pats to throw that kinda play to Thornton, I’m pretty sure he would score too on that kinda play call. I’d love to see Thornton and Jones on the field at the same time, would keep the defense on their toes. Also, watching that play, is Marcus Jones possibly the next great slot receiver for the Pats ? He looked like a natural, I know he also fumbled, but first time on offense all year. If Meyers leaves…

Also liked what I saw from Uche, he’s finally starting to look like the Uche from his Michigan days.

Ok, on to Mac Jones. What made him a star at Alabama ? I know a lot of people will say because he was surrounded by stars. Yes, he had some great receivers. His second to last year, when he took over for an injured Tua, he had Ruggs, Jeudy, Waddle and Smith, a stellar offensive line, and a great running game. But his last year, when he was even better, Ruggs and Jeudy were gone, he had Smith, but he only had Waddle for 4 games before his injury. But he still had that stellar Oline and a great running game with Najee Harris. He also had a great OC. So add all of that together, and he was more successful with less, reason being, he’s a good QB. He was literally great his last year at Alabama.

He had an excellent rookie season. Taking a 7-9 team the prior year, and going 10-7 and taking the team to the playoffs as a rookie. The Oline was relatively solid last year. He had an OC and QB coach. But my one thing I said all last year, all GOOD QBs had AT LEAST one excellent receiver or TE or both. Mac really didn’t have that. He had a bunch of average to slightly above average targets.

Fast forward to this year, he has no OC or QB coach, they changed the offense (Why ? When he was so good in that offense, sixth highest scoring team in 2021), the Oline has been abysmal, he doesn’t have much time. His targets are average at best. What QB would succeed in their 2nd year when put in the situation the Pats have put Mac in ? Mac deserves a decent amount of blame as well, but they certainly have handicapped him and not putting him in a position to succeed. I still believe Mac can be very good. But cmon man, surround him with better weapons, give him more time to throw, get him an OC who’s able to come up with aggressive schemes to trick defenses. He’s got garbage.

But thinking he’d win a game dealing with that week after week is a massive ask. I also like the Zappe, but that’s also how you get young guys like him injured with separated shoulders, etc. because eventually they do get hit.

not to mention the line was not good. How is he gonna read the coverage better than Mac Jones when his lineman are whiffing on blocks? and the Bills have good fast LBs. Their corners are very good. Zappe is getting rushed out the pocket and he makes a throw where a Bills secondary guy can either knock down or pick off. You seen that almost INT. The bills defender made a great playing on the ball. They have the best safeties in football right now. And lets add Matt P's playing calling in there..i honestly do not see how Zappe does better in this particular game.

I love having Bill as HC but this seasons failures are 100 percent on him. Making Matt the OC back way before the season started was a huge gamble that flat out failed. There’s no fixing it this season, 12 games into the season it is what it is at this point.

My only hope is that MP isn’t calling plays next season.

Heres the thing, I can handle losing to a more talented team, Josh Allen made at least three how defuq he do that throws where I was sure we had him. Sometimes the other guys get paid too and it’s just not your day. What is making this team really hard to watch is the unpatriot like mistakes. Mind blowingly badly timed penalties that end drives that are going well. Stupid plays that have no realistic chance of working. Wasting timeouts, not having personal groups in and knowing what they are doing. It used to be when that once a season situation came up the patriots played it perfectly, now they do the exact wrong thing. Paying two TE’s 15 mil a year but NEVER using them! I am a fan and I will watch and root for them every week but this team is competing hard with 09 as my least favorite of the BB era. I don’t have an answer for what would fix it but I just want to see Patriot football again, smart, disciplined, do your job and play as a team. Win, lose, draw I can enjoy watching that kind of team, this one…. Not so much.

Mac Jones is in Year 2 of development. Despite what some analysts say, progress doesn't always come steadily. QBs especially tend towards long development time.

His offensive gameplans are like his defensive gameplans. Bland, unimaginative, by the book. On defense, that can work. On offense, not as much.
Like I said before Matt Patricia is not doing the game planning alone. Bill is the one dictating the game plan. Patricia is just calling plays

No, no, no. I am not saying that Zappe is the man because of those 2 games. I am simply saying that the tired, lazy "but the Bears 2nd half" to prove that Zappe can't do it is garbage.

Zappe might end up sucking too. But he has had two shots with all practice reps. And he performed. And even that bad 3 quarters against the Bears produced more points than tonight against a beat up Bills D.
But you're clearly forgetting Mac played great against the Vikings. For the first time all year. And since the last half of the year before that. GOOD AGAINST THE VIKINGS!

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back