Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually was thinking about it earlier today and was going to submit a ticket to fix it but I obviously got sidetracked. Stupid. I'll get it moved ahead of the next one.

Ok, I’ll forgive you this time, but don’t let it happen again! :)

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
Clearly, that's not Mac's forte. But truthfully, if that's what we're going to have to rely on moving forward regardless of who's starting, that's not sustainable. Zappe could very well make a play here and there, but asking any QB to have to do it for sixty minutes is just insane and they're not going to end up back in the upper echelon of NFL teams until they fix it.
Agreed. I was responding to someone who thought it was ridiculous that Zappe could have done better tonight. I believe he could have eclipsed 10 points. Hardly a ringing endorsement for the future of this offense.

Agreed. I was responding to someone who thought it was ridiculous that Zappe could have done better tonight. I believe he could have eclipsed 10 points. Hardly a ringing endorsement for the future of this offense.
No, and it's one thing when the pressure is coming from the outside and you can step up. Guys were coming inside which nullifies that. Maybe Zappe slides away on a couple of them, but he's still under duress. You can't ask a guy to be effective drive after drive doing that, not against good teams.

But that is not enough in the NFL..so many other things factor into whether a QB can hack it.
Matt Leinart also had an amazing game against a great bears defense on national tv once. He now does TV for college footballl. You also have to factor in the coaching staff although looking pretty clueless out there, sees Zappe and Mac everyday in practice. So do the players, We haven't heard any player mention given Zappe a turn. Zappe playing against the bears in backup duty is a lot different than playing a team that has scouted you all week long like what starting QBs have to face every sunday in the NFL. Whole different ball game when they know you from top to bottom.
But am not even talking long term. In this game, with this shyt OL, Zappe is better equipped to score more than 10 points. He is much more likely to avoid a rush and make a play.

It's not sustainable, as Ian said. Mac may be the better QB when all is normal. All is not normal.

Outside looking in, I think the choice of OC is really killing Jones' development. To me, it's a head scratcher. There has to be someone better than a former DC???

Same like hunter henry. Last week he said we were close. dont want to rail on him too much ebcause he is playing great and that is what he is supposed to say but this team has no one who is pissed off at this embarassment.

Mac says the fumble on the first drive was his fault, he did the wrong thing.

The very first wrong thing he did was not calling his own number...

It's disappointing that Bourne seems to be channeling his resentment in an unproductive manner, and it's hurting all the wrong people. Really a massive letdown because his lack of intensity and effort is killing the team, and I doubt he realizes it's not an easy switch to turn back on. Massive step back for him this year and I'd be surprised if he ever repeats what he did last season.

Are we positive the offensive line plays the same way with Mac as with Zappe? Not so sure about that.
He was sacked and pressured in the second half of that Bears game. They didn't exactly do him any favors.

Option 4 should be 1-3. I want none of them.
You can choose more than one answer. So you could have checked options 1-3 if you wanted and then click submit. Sorry it's not obvious but that's how the poll works on this forum.

Is it just me or did Mac look like he was trying to imitate Mahomes with his running around like a chicken with its head cut off. What a pathetic display.
Not his best moment. There's going to be someone who syncs it to the Benny Hill soundtrack, I'm sure it's coming.

He was sacked and pressured in the second half of that Bears game. They didn't exactly do him any favors.
That was a bad spot for Zappe. Lineman seeing a quarterback step up and be poised I’m sure is a confidence booster for the line as a whole. I’m done talking about Zappe. Makes me sound like a honk but I was just using my own two eyes.

Is it just me or did Mac look like he was trying to imitate Mahomes with his running around like a chicken with its head cut off. What a pathetic display.
The difference is that Mahomes has the pure talent to get away with playing backyard football now and then. Mahomes can make occasional spectacular plays on the run. It's obvious from this game and several others this year that Mac has none of that ability to improvise once the pocket breaks down.

But am not even talking long term. In this game, with this shyt OL, Zappe is better equipped to score more than 10 points. He is much more likely to avoid a rush and make a play.

It's not sustainable, as Ian said. Mac may be the better QB when all is normal. All is not normal.

This game would of been worse. Zappe even if he is more suitable to run. The bills defense is good and fast. They would of closed out on Zappe running and all that would of done is probably killed him!

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back