OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And he tried to be good about it, but he avoided the "I don't know" - which should be interesting.
It was probably the most benign way he could answer it without feigning ignorance entirely. Owned saying it but didn’t throw anyone under the bus specifically. However… obviously… with what he’s talking about, it can only really be directed at one person, even if he says it’s not directed at anyone.

You just watched that game . You think Zappe would of played better? Lets remember Zappe has not gone against a real good defense. BIlls have that, and to add, a bills d-lineman almost always in the backfield as you either try to wait for a receiver to get open or you're just trying to throw the ball away.

look at the play where Mac was called for intentionally grounding. The lineman dives and misses the d-lineman completely. Mac has no time to do anything as the rush was coming straight for him. What was Zappe gonna in that situation. Move a little quicker and still get tripped up. So instead of being at the 2 yard line, you are at the 5??? With a coordinator that wont be able to call any play to help you get out of your own end zone?

Mac does deserve some blame..but he is not the biggest problem. And he doesn't need to have a great line but at least have one to keep him upright enough to make a throw here and there. Would help especially if you have no offense player makers beside the RB.

Does Zappe have better pocket mobility and awareness than Mac? Rhetorical question. Yes, he does. Therefore, he likely would have been better than 10 points tonight.

Mac is fine when everything is perfect around him.

Good game everyone.

The Bills rag tag team of o-line backups was embarrassing but i’ll take a win any way I can get it.

Should be a tough rematch in several weeks.
There is thing called being too nice. This is far more annoying :)

Good game everyone.

The Bills rag tag team of o-line backups was embarrassing but i’ll take a win any way I can get it.

Should be a tough rematch in several weeks.
Dude even if you said in good humor or spirits it reeks of trolling .

We were so bad, that your team could have beat us with just 5 defensive personnel.

We will get a hammering again in buffalo. Please don't show sympathies and slaughter us at 50+ . That way we will have wholesale changes in coaching and personnel .

Does Zappe have better pocket mobility and awareness than Mac. Rhetorical question. Yes, he does. Therefore, he likely would have been better than 10 points tonight.

He does? So you were able to tell that in just 3 games of his NFL season. 3 games would tell you if you have the right QB or not?

Ever heard of Scott Mitchell or Matt Flynn?

Phil Perry followed up on it and asked again. Mac essentially said he yelled about it and then Patricia did what he wanted.

Jeezus. Back to the 2nd half against the Bears to "prove" Zappe isn't good. His 3 quarters against the Bears still produced more offensive points than Mac produced tonight. And Zappe didn't get the QB reps that week.

In Zappe's small sample size, the Bears 2nd half has been the anomaly. He has gotten all the practice reps twice, and both times he produced. Maybe, he gets a string of games and fizzles out. But using a single half against the Bears in a week he wasn't even game-planned as proof he can't do it is disingenuous.

Mac gets all the first team reps before his countless crappy halves of football. But it doesn't prove anything. Everyone else's fault.
Listen if you are going to use arguably the two worst teams on our schedule to say Zappe is better, then you need to also use the game where it's easiest to compare him to Mac and he played bad. Mac playing well against the Vikings in a losing effort was more impressive than absolutely anything Zappe did this year.

Mac says the fumble on the first drive was his fault, he did the wrong thing.
I don't believe it. Gotta be the OL or Patricia's fault.

Tough to determine if it's the truth, he's not going to openly throw Rham under the bus.
Maybe yeah. He essentially said they discussed it on the sideline but then Mac ran the wrong play.

We played the best team in the NFL without OT's. It wasn't clear Brown could play. Our RT is just a guy off the streets. We had one serviceable RB. Frankly, once I saw the inactives, I expected worse.
it would be one thing if mac was repeatedly sacked or we couldnt run at all...we just kept calling dumb plays. One min we handoff from under center , next min we are in RPO and the 3rd play is spread wide. there is no identity . even the 2018 team late season stuck to its michel led offense. This team wants to be the 2000 rams by the amount of variations it calls but cant do one thing consistently right. Even the running game is all Rham after contact.

Does Zappe have better pocket mobility and awareness than Mac? Rhetorical question. Yes, he does. Therefore, he likely would have been better than 10 points tonight.

I watched a fair amount of games last weekend. I don't recall seeing the left tackle fall down multiple times in a game, or that many guys getting through. I think there's more to it and there's a good chance Zappe would - and did, if I recall - have a hard time with that.

He’s had a pocket to step up into this year. Obviously not as much as last year. His downfield vision has been bad, too. Tonight a lot of players were covered, but you’re a 1st round pick. You should be making out throws. And he still doesn’t understand the concept of throwing the ball away when out of the pocket. He looked like Zach Wilson at times tonight. Patricia is awful btw. Both can be true.

He rarely has had good or even mediocre o-line play this year. The o-line has been the worst I have seen since maybe the late 1990s for a Patriots team.

Jones hasn’t been great this year, but we are seeing what bad franchises do with first round QBs year in and year out. They hire incompetent coaching. They try to install offenses that isn‘t suited for the talent of the team including the QB. And they put the QB in a position to fail.

The Jets are famous QB killers. They ruin QBs. Geno Smith is proof that the Jets ruined him and the Seahawks are finally salvaging him from the wreckage the Jets created. Smith will never be an elite QB, but he might have had a good career before this year if he was drafted by another team.

We are seeing the same thing now with Jones with an OC who is just throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks.

I tried to be optimistic but the game went how I expected. Diggs is really good and our defense was at least competitive. Our offense was beyond pathetic. We wouldn't even have an offense without Rhamondre at this point. Wildcat with Rhamondre would probably put up more points.

I can handle a loss. I can't handle our offense feeling hopeless. Zappe may not be the guy but he gives me something. I'll take Garrett Gilbert over what we put on display tonight. Throw it to the wide open guy or Stevenson for the 100th time. Hell, I think I might be able to manage that.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back