Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Belichick is next to the podium - still no Mac:

And they spent all summer trying to install an offense they had to scrap a month into the season.

I hate to say it, but if Belichick was another coach, he and the entire staff would be fired at the end of the season. If this continues to go down hill, I wouldn’t be shocked if Kraft did encourage Belichick to retire.
I don't get why some people don't realize its both possible to be a great coach but at the same time your system and culture can be broken and might no longer work like it used to.

I don't think we can win another ring with Bill.

To be fair, one INT wasn’t his fault (tipped pass by the WR) and the other was deep in desperation time. The batted passes are definitely issues though.

Yeah, the real concern is that the Bears didn’t even try to rush Zappe and just sat back and tried to flood the passing lanes is the real issue.

Didn‘t look so good against the Bears. He had a ball a batted at the line in four straight drives and two INTs.
Oh one bad game is an indictment really?? I hope BB benches Mac career noodle arm backup.

Didn‘t look so good against the Bears. He had a ball a batted at the line in four straight drives and two INTs.
Now do his QBR over the games he started to the same amount of games Mac started. Zappe has plenty of flaws, don’t get me wrong, but at least he has pocket presence and knows when to step up into the pocket. I haven’t seen Mac do that consistently… ever.

Those who say Mac is failing because of the OL (don't disagree necessarily), please tell me where I am wrong here....

Mac appears to need a clean pocket to be a successful QB. When the play breaks down, he is not good. True?

Zappe is clearly superior to Mac in 2 areas: pocket mobility/elusivity and being quicker to find a 2nd option. True. No courtesy question mark.

So, wouldn't logic say Zappe is better equipped to find success with a shyt OL????

Once we surround the QB with studs at every position like Alabama, we put Mac back in!

You just watched that game . You think Zappe would of played better? Lets remember Zappe has not gone against a real good defense. BIlls have that, and to add, a bills d-lineman almost always in the backfield as you either try to wait for a receiver to get open or you're just trying to throw the ball away.

look at the play where Mac was called for intentionally grounding. The lineman dives and misses the d-lineman completely. Mac has no time to do anything as the rush was coming straight for him. What was Zappe gonna in that situation. Move a little quicker and still get tripped up. So instead of being at the 2 yard line, you are at the 5??? With a coordinator that wont be able to call any play to help you get out of your own end zone?

Mac does deserve some blame..but he is not the biggest problem. And he doesn't need to have a great line but at least have one to keep him upright enough to make a throw here and there. Would help especially if you have no offense player makers beside the RB.

Last edited:

This is the other thing about this team. Nothing wrong with what bourne said. But all these Wrs and TE's give a lot of suggestions in the media openly about the offense. You have meyers questioning why zappe played vs chicago, bourne is constantly talking about plays. This says they dont have any offensive leadership which starts with the OC .

Glad mac showed heart and fire. I refuse to believe he’s the biggest issue with the offense. Surround him with a good line and a play caller that actually has a clue and I believe he’ll succeed.

Now do his QBR over the games he started to the same amount of games Mac started. Zappe has plenty of flaws, don’t get me wrong, but at least he has pocket presence and knows when to step up into the pocket. I haven’t seen Mac do that consistently… ever.

‘You saw plenty of it last year. i haven’t seen Jones consistently have a pocket to step up into this year.

Bill not saying much at the podium so far.

We know what we have in Mac not much: let's see what we have in Zappe.
Should have started the Bears game, maybe the offense wouldn't start so slow and things could've gone different.

Oh one bad game is an indictment really?? I hope BB benches Mac career noodle arm backup.

‘Zappe has a weaker arm than Jones.

Getting ready for the team to win just enough games to miss the playoffs but have bad draft position

That's what he was saying, didn't look like "running game" to me either.

Wish you didn't throw hospital balls Corky.

Elite players like Brady can get away with yelling at coaches, not average players like Jones.

Jones is yelling about long passes yet let's be honest when he throws long passes it's usually incomplete or intercepted. Long passes aren't exactly Jones's strength.

Didnt seem to have an issue last week. Again he has a right to vent. He is not a rookie anymore...he has never insulted the coaching staff during an interview. He is on the sidelines during a game seeing something clearly doesn't work. What is he suppose to do. Just sit down and think about counting his money when the game is over?

Reactions: SVN
“Bill were you always planning to use Marcus Jones on offense sometime this year or did that come up as an idea more recently?”

“He’s played on offense in college.”

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back