Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who do you want to see OUT?

• Mac Jones OUT! Let us see Zappe!

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Matt Patricia OUT! Let someone else call the offensive plays!

Votes: 102 79.7%
  • Joe Judge OUT! He is ruining our Quarterbacks!

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • KEEP them ALL - I have complete FAITH in the choices BB has made so far this season!

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When was the last time Bill fired a coach? Unfortunately, I think they are little chance he will relocate Patricia.

The only think I can see happening is Bill hiring a full time OL even if I think Yates is mosltly coaching the OL

When was the last time Bill fired a coach? Unfortunately, I think they are little chance he will relocate Patricia.

The only think I can see happening is Bill hiring a full time OL even if I think Yates is mosltly coaching the OL
yeah lets see whether Kraft has to say anything, still his franchise and this is pisspoor play by the offense and that starts with coaching, no time to develop a OC while you have a rookie QB on cheep contract, you gotta develop the player first and obviously not even Jones is happy with the **** Patricia is calling and so are others in the building as well, at some point everything has to have its first time

U cannot believe so many people are blaming Mac for this offensive offense. This is all play design, preparation, and situational football. This falls squarely on the coaching staff. Mac was fine in this game.

The coaching staff gets a F, and that goes for Belichick too. After watching this game, I really am starting to feel like starting with a whole new group could be the answer. I always thought Belichick would get at least another year, but I am unsure if that is the answer.

This team has been poorly coached since Brady left and I don't know if that will change until a new group comes in.

At the very least, Bill needs yo get himself real coaches

Covering for @ashley tonight.
Honestly you should have put in a choice for Bill Belichick because it all starts with him. I think he has struggled as a coach tremendously since Brady left, and without Brady alot of warts have been exposed. His decision making has been piss poor the past several years and perhaps this year being the worst. (Yes Patricia needs to go….but the issues they are having start with BELICHICK! Maybe it’s time for a complete coaching and GM change for New England.

I think my biggest problem with this team right now is the lack of fire and lack of leadership. I can deal with losing. I can't deal with watching a team display no energy on the field. We were bullied tonight and deserved to lose. Mac Jones just stood on the sidelines everytime I saw the camera pan in that direction. Why not fire the team up?

Who are the leaders of this team? Who is the voice? This team needs a leader.
Agreed

I don't think Kraft or the players will be happy with that. I have a feeling Matty p is still with the team in a "new role"

This team has MORE talent than last year and should be making a jump instead the offense went into the dumpster fire.

I would put money that if we still had McDaniels/scarnechia this season would look totally different.

Patriots are never going to be good without Tom Brady
Pats will obviously be a great team again at some point. As we all know there will never be another Brady…..and it’s hard for any team to move forward after losing such a dynamic legend like that…but this has been pretty embarrassing and disappointing in all areas …ESPECIALLY with Belichick’s coaching decisions since the Brady era ended here….it will be interesting to see what Kraft decides in the offseason.

This game unfortunately went about as I expected, frankly if anything more competitive than I had feared. The Patriots simply aren’t close to the Bills from a talent perspective; I personally can’t think of a single position group for which the Bills group is not superior to the Patriots group.

In addition as always in the NFL it’s about how you win key matchups and clearly the Patriots defense in particular doesn’t win much against the Bills offense regardless of whether they are throwing it or running it. I suspect that a lot of what the Bills have done in constructing their team is with the Patriots in mind. We’ve watched Miami and Denver give the Patriots lots of trouble even during the Brady era by approaching their matchups effectively. Thankfully the Jete management hasn’t done the same.

My point here is that the Bills come into these games with the Patriots now with both the talent and strategic advantage and other than the weird weather game last year they execute so much better than the Patriots. i am as big a BB “honk” as anyone on this forum but those three things (talent, strategy, and execution) are failures he has committed more than anyone else. I don’t doubt that he knows that better than anyone.

The question is whether it is fixable. I’ve always been an optimist with BB but this is reminding me a lot of what I remember happening in Dallas with Landry and Miami with Satan Shula. I’ve been posting my opinion from early this year (check my posts) that OT is the top need but that unless they have the right OL coaching it won’t matter who they bring in. The same goes for their LB and WR groups, not enough talent, poor strategy, and woeful execution. When Kyle Dugger and Jacobi Meyers are your best performers in those two groups it’s a pretty big sign of a systematic problem here.

Ugh

I think people are delusional if they thought this team would be competitive with teams like the Bills, Chiefs, etc. I am really surprised they held them to only 24 points. Honestly, I am not sure what to make of Mac, but I think any second year QB would be struggling with a completely new coaching staff.

BB is a good coach but that won't get you more than a few wins. The difference between 8-8 and 12-4 is a team like this, but with a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Offense
1. Patricia sucks and he is easily the biggest mistake of Bill's career
2. Mac inspiring confidence.
3. The offensive line is consistent and blows up once every 3 plays
4. The receivers have no rhythm or ability to make any tight or contested catches.

So basically everything on offense has issues besides the runningbacks

Defense
1. They actually showed some ability to get some stops on Buffalo. 24 points is not a bad score total against that team and if you can hold them to that, you should be happy. Only 3 teams held them to less.
2. The good goes away fast as their were a bunch of complacent boneheaded plays where db's just stood around and watched a catch happen.
At some point you have to put the blame ON Bill Belichick correct…..not just “well he hired Matt Patricia what was he thinking “….and thinking that just firing Fat Matt (and Judge) will take care of all the problems here…..is short sighted. It all starts with Bill….and in every area he has been piss poor since 2020. In all honesty I feel like a lot of his poor decisions which have been happening for many years most likely, were covered up by Brady finding some way to get it done….

So watching the postgame I didn’t realize that Mac was screaming at Patricia during the game: “Throw the fu$&img ball!!! The short game F$&cking sucks!!”

Fitz says “he may not be on the field with that attitude”.

I can’t agree…

Matt is the problem.

Mac is just saying what everyone else thinks.

That said…mac wasn’t good either.
Wow I didn’t see that….but at least Mac has fire and passion and he realizes that Fatt Matt doesn’t know WTF he is doing ….but hey don’t blame fat Matt for struggling as an OC….he is a defensive guy. The BLAME goes to BB for stupidly putting him in that position and being too arrogant to admit he made a mistake!

The Patriots are never going to be good with Mac Jones at a QB, his ceiling is mediocre even with elite coaching and weapons.

He's one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL with his current setup, what's the point in hanging around waiting for at an absolute peak middle of the pack quarterbacking and even that is ambitious.

Mac Jones absolute ceiling is 11 wins and completely destroyed in January the current trajectory is a .500 quarterback who's supposed smart decision making even seems to have evaporated how many times do you want to run into a 15 yard sack in the red zone?
My prediction when Bill was so secretive about which coaches would perform which duties was that fans would be criticizing the players instead of the coaches. That strategy is working well.

Mac Jones hasn't had elite coaching or elite weapons since he left Alabama.

I think people are delusional if they thought that team would be competitive with teams like the Bills, Chiefs, etc. I am really surprised they held them to only 24 points. Honestly, I am not sure what to make of Mac, but I think any second year QB would be struggling with a completely new coaching staff.

BB is a good coach but that won't get you more than a few wins. The difference between 8-8 and 12-4 is a team like this, but with a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.
BB has proven to be average without Brady….and you are right most coaches reach legendary status because of the players they have (especially a legendary QB)…..Look at Andy Reid (not that he is legendary status yet) ….he was a stumblebum for years….until he stumbled upon a QB named Pat Mahomes (and Hill and Kelce didn’t hurt!

Mac apparently was shouting down the sideline at Patricia to “throw the f*cking ball down the field”.

So maybe that whole “why isn’t Patricia calling the easy, short throws for Mac?” is about more than just Patricia.
Agreed

He fired Dean Peas. I think he fired the Gooch. He has fired coaches. I think he will move Patricia and Judge though. I don’t think he has a choice. Patricia is a disaster and Kraft won’t let him coach the offense again next year.

I think the problems are a little different. You never want to overreact over a loss, but if things continue and changes aren't made - and serious changes - with the offensive coaching staff this offseason, then I think Belichick would end up in the crosshairs.

Is it a year too early to get rid of BB as HC of the NEP or a year too late?

Covering for @ashley tonight.
Just a terrible, terrible showing on offense... no positive plays save for the Marcus Jones touchdown, Jonathan Jones tough gritty player, love his attitude and work ethic but not a number #1 corner.. I sense players starting to pack it in.. Kendrick Bournes post game interview was very telling, Mac yelling on the sideline also is telling.. this team no matter what happens the rest of the season has regressed big time!

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back