PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Saints beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Nah. It was apparent in preseason and 3 weeks have shown it. Same with the OLine. It's insanity to pretend it isn't true. More weeks of futility is what dumb teams do because they can't see what's happening. Takes way longer for dumb teams to see and adjust flaws.

Preseason proves ****.

I'm not rendering a conclusive assessment on a FA acquisition after 3 games.

What is wrong with practicing patience?

Christ.

Nah. It was apparent in preseason and 3 weeks have shown it. Same with the OLine being bad. It's insanity to pretend it isn't true. More weeks of futility is what dumb teams do because they can't see what's happening. Takes way longer for dumb teams to see and adjust flaws.

I thought people in preseason were saying how great the O-line was?

most people on here had the Pats penciled in for a playoff spot...that makes next week as close to a week 4 must win as you'll ever see
Didn't we start 0 and 4 one year and do something good with it?

Wow, that was faulking awful. Not sure what else to say. Putting that junk on the field for paying fans is embarrassing. The team should be embarrassed over that nonsensr

There was something of an expectation with so many new players and the COVID returns developing chemistry would take time but what's surprised me is how inoffensively soft the team feels. They're currently presenting as a team of nice boys NOT guys who would crawl through barbwire to make a play and win.
I 1000% agree with your post.

They aren't killers yet.

just caught Ted Johnson on the replay of the post game show. he absolutely ripped into the coaching. Ted has nothing good to say about this current team.

just caught Ted Johnson on the replay of the post game show. he absolutely ripped into the coaching. Ted has nothing good to say about this current team.
Of course Ted Johnson has nothing good to say about the coaching....

They played like ****. Everyone can agree on that.

Johnson has an agenda. Always does. Always will.

Of course Ted Johnson has nothing good to say about the coaching....

They played like ****. Everyone can agree on that.

Johnson has an agenda. Always does. Always will.
why do we constantly have to tell these guys the same thing over and over and over...TJ has an axe to grind with BB and has since he quit playing

Preseason proves ****.

What is wrong with practicing patience?

Christ.
This. 3 games in. I can only surmise that it's the usual chicken littles mixed with a batch of "Oh My God Brady's Really Gone" unknown-fearers and doom-hopers.

Here are some things it is not time to do:

- Fire Bill Belichick
- Waive Nelson Ahlgolong
- Send a battalion of marines to raid Dante Scarnecchia's Fortress of Solitude and bring him back alive, because he'd just kick their ass, explain their mistakes, and tell them to run it again.
- Tank the season and draft another new QB, because 3 games in we know Mac won't be "the guy"
- Panic.

****, just ****. Sorry, we're 1-2. It's football. Yes we have to get better, no it's not a lost cause, and no it's for sure not a lost cause looking to future seasons.

People pre-game were, I believe.
But that could just be the CTE talking :D. Sorry, cheap shot.

Anyway, the JETE are our super bowl :poop:

Here in new England? Yes. Only one of them has a supwrbowl post Brady NE era though.
Not true both Bekichick and Brady have a Superbowl win other than in NE. Belichick has 2 with the NY Giants and 6 with the Patriots. Brady has 1 with Tampa Bay.

why do we constantly have to tell these guys the same thing over and over and over...TJ has an axe to grind with BB and has since he quit playing
Part of me thinks because BB has been around so long people don't know the history between BB and Ted J.

The moment Trent went down and they thought Herron or Durant were fine it was all over. Never a good sign when you start 1 scrub then switch scrubs at halftime, multiple weeks in a row. Compounded worse by an idiot oc who repeatedly calls shotgun regardless of how crappy the OLine pass protection is. We have a rookie QB with a freaking leg brace already and who just led his team in rushing because he was running for his life all day. Plus 11 QB hits. It's insane. It's totally bonkers. Team needs a new oc.

The weird thing is that when Brown went down, theoretically they should've moved Onwenu to RT and put Karras in at LG to keep their best players on the field, but they never did. It seems that they preferred to keep consistency at the other 4 spots. I get that, to an extent, but they did the opposite of that last year and were shuffling the line constantly. Didn't Thuney play C at times? It got wacky.

Preseason proves ****.

I'm not talking pre-season. Durant SUCKS. Herron SUCKS. This has been apparent in 3 NFL game weeks that weren't needed to reach the same conclusion. You waiting 15 more weeks before you're slow, isn't going to help with the solution. This OLine is maybe the worst in the league with the current lineup. Mac may be permanently mentally wrecked running for his life every week.

The weird thing is that when Brown went down, theoretically they should've moved Onwenu to RT and put Karras in at LG to keep their best players on the field, but they never did. It seems that they preferred to keep consistency at the other 4 spots. I get that, to an extent, but they did the opposite of that last year and were shuffling the line constantly. Didn't Thuney play C at times? It got wacky.

Yes it's insanity to keep trying the same sh-tty OLine for 3 weeks now. It does NOT work. Never play Durant or Herron ever again. Move Onwenu to tackle if Trent or Wynn are out. Play Karras at LG.

Not true both Bekichick and Brady have a Superbowl win other than in NE. Belichick has 2 with the NY Giants and 6 with the Patriots. Brady has 1 with Tampa Bay.
I think they mean as a head coach. I mean JG has 2 rings as a QB too.

Yes it's insanity to keep trying the same sh-tty OLine for 3 weeks now. It does NOT work. Never play Durant or Herron ever again. Move Onwenu to tackle if Trent or Wynn are out. Play Karras at LG.

I don't fully get it myself. I would've understood it for one game but Brown's missed 3 games now. Was the "consistency" worth having Mac blasted for 3 weeks? Maybe hindsight is 20/20 and they thought Brown would be back sooner...

I have been big fan of Bill Belichick, I still am. I,for the most part, have been a fan if Josh McDaniels as OC. I support BB's other coaches.

The first 3 games of this season have me disappointed that the only positive thing I see or read about is how Mac Jones is a good rookie QB. After all the offseason acquisitions of players to improve our defense and offense I am disappointed with the Patriots performance to date. After 4 games I except us to he 1-3 instead of 2-2 or really 3-1 because we could have won today and should have won game 1. The entire performance is unacceptable. Just imagine if Newton was the QB. Everything would be a **** show.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back