PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Saints beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Then you haven't been paying attention because the YAC was stated multiple times in the last 2 games.

Smith is averaging 5.6 YAC/Reception thus far. That's very good for a TE..
First of all if you read the Posts you See this wasn‘t Even the real topic. It was more about who is responsible for the slight underperformance so far. Ok YAC are good, how about Production ? He has 74 yards in 3 Games, YAC are nice but First i want to See him being a reliable pass Catcher for our Rookie qb and productive on third downs/End Zone

First of all if you read the Posts you See this wasn‘t Even the real topic. It was more about who is responsible for the slight underperformance so far. Ok YAC are good, how about Production ? He has 74 yards in 3 Games, YAC are nice but First i want to See him being a reliable pass Catcher for our Rookie qb and productive on third downs/End Zone

Since when does what you "want" matter to anything but you? SMH.. We all hope for 3rd down/Red Zone Production. Whether we get it or not is something different.

Until this point, Mac has been most comfortable hitting WHITE on 3rd downs. Until this last game, Smith hadn't dropped a single ball. Now he has 3 or 4 depending on which Stat site you believe. BTW, 56 of the 74 yards have been YAC. Bear that in mind. 75% of all the yards he's gotten.

Smith is new to the team.
Mac is new to the LEAGUE.

They are going to have adjustment issues as they learn one another.

Part of the Red Zone issue is McDaniels. We haven't seen ANY Fades or Jump Balls to guys like Meyers, Henry or Smith. Why not? We also haven't seen any SLANTS to those guys or Bourne for that matter. It's ridiculous.

Outside of Moss (HOF) and Welker, I don't know of a single receiver that Brady hit it off with instantly.

I don't rationalize everything Bill has done, so start and end this newest attempt at a comeback right there, okay.

Sony Michel getting traded comes to mind as a recent example.

And what I'm seeing on the field is pretty much what I expected (although the concerns I do have aren't all the ones I expected (OL)!). 25 new players, rookie QB, and if not for a Damien Harris uncharacteristic fumble, they're 2-1, with 2 division wins.

Regarding FA, I'm thrilled they went out and took advantage of the down cap and their cleared money. THRILLED. They brought in some really good players - Judon, Henry, Smith, and Bourne. Mills has played well, too. Their roster was terrible. It's not anymore. They've got a lot to work on, and I expect them to do so.

I do have coaching concerns, but not at the top.
You say the roster was terrible but it's not anymore. Where is the proof of that? We are a worse team this year in almost every category compared to last year and we are getting much better Qb play. I find that concerning as all heck.

I know we have a lot of new pieces and it takes time to gel but we are a mess across the board. The injuries don't help but every NFL season is a war of attrition.

Maybe you are right and it is coaching. But if that is the case then that is even more worrisome as coaching has always been where we have separated from the pack.

Since when does what you "want" matter to anything but you? SMH.. We all hope for 3rd down/Red Zone Production. Whether we get it or not is something different.
It doesn't but we also haven't tried it enough so far in the redzone.
Until this point, Mac has been most comfortable hitting WHITE on 3rd downs. Until this last game, Smith hadn't dropped a single ball. Now he has 3 or 4 depending on which Stat site you believe. BTW, 56 of the 74 yards have been YAC. Bear that in mind. 75% of all the yards he's gotten.

Smith is new to the team.
Mac is new to the LEAGUE.

They are going to have adjustment issues as they learn one another.
I agree but the overall impression from him so far is he needs to show more to equal his value from his contract imo. I have confidence he will bc of new offense and rookie QB but he should be a guy who helps our rookie QB imo.
Part of the Red Zone issue is McDaniels. We haven't seen ANY Fades or Jump Balls to guys like Meyers, Henry or Smith. Why not? We also haven't seen any SLANTS to those guys or Bourne for that matter. It's ridiculous.
Yes, I said he does not get enough targets. Same counts for Hunter Henry. Both should provide in theory a nice mismatch combo for the Redzone. I can't remember a single play where we used that effectively.
Outside of Moss (HOF) and Welker, I don't know of a single receiver that Brady hit it off with instantly.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back