PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Saints beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Who gets the blame for the pi$$ poor offensive line? BB the GM?

What? Andrews and Mason were part of SB winning OLs. Onewnu was the steal on the 2020 draft. Wynn is servicable. RT is missing a guy that was on a SB winning OL for the Pats.

So now that's a piss poor offensive line and people are coming with the "BB the GM" takes?

Yikes.

Ok. But strategically it's dumb if Onwenu is a top10 NFL RT and also an elite LG, but RT is a far more valuable position for a pass happy offense, and you keep him at LG and play total sh-t scrubs at RT, and by the way also keep Karras on the bench who can play good LG. Onwenu is a great player and playing him at LG is dumb.
Pass happy O? I thought 2021 Pats were going to be a run first team. Pound n ground. Tough. Win in the trenches.

What happened? I was duped.

Lil Steven needs to be fired. 10 players in nail in the coffin TD.

SmartSelect_20210927-113619_Firefox.jpg

I don't even believe these stats then. Last game was 18 QB pressures alone, no way it's 35 in 3 games.

Who is Lazar trying to deflect for. The OLine is horrendous. I would say worst OLine in the league at this point.

Pass happy O? I thought 2021 Pats were going to be a run first team. Pound n ground. Tough. Win in the trenches.

What happened? I was duped.

No pound n ground, when your oc is a 1 trick pony who only knows spread shotgun. Regardless of having 2 pricy TEs or a bad OLine. 5man protection spread shotgun NO MATTER WHAT.

What? Andrews and Mason were part of SB winning OLs. Onewnu was the steal on the 2020 draft. Wynn is servicable. RT is missing a guy that was on a SB winning OL for the Pats.

So now that's a piss poor offensive line and people are coming with the "BB the GM" takes?

Yikes.

The last 3 games speak for itself. This OLine is terrible.

I thought it was overkill to get two high prized TEs but I thought there was a plan for them. I haven't really seen that plan materialize. They should have signed Hunter and let Asiasi play the other role.

There seems to be a disconnect between Bill the GM and Bill the HC on offense. Ultimately he oversees what McD is implementing. What were the plans for the TEs when they signed them? It's the same with the Harry pick. We picked a jump ball WR and we don't throw jump ball passes to him.

Judon on the other hand is being utilized as well as any FA signings we've ever had much like the Gilmore signing. I think our defense will ultimately pick it up like they always seemed to do.

However so far this offense resembles the St. Louis Rams McD offense.

Bingo.

This offense looks like the St Louis'11 league worst mcd offense. Or was it the Denver'10 league worst offense. Hard to tell.

Go for it and keep pretending the OLine and OC don't suck. The on field woes speak for themselves . I'll stop calling it out when the problem is fixed
I think it was evident yesterday our OL Isn't as good as advertised and McD isn't doing a good job with the offense.

The issue posters are having is every other post from you is "McD has to go." People definitely get your stance, and a lot may even agree with you, but you don't have to repeat it ad nauseum.

Probably good for your mental health to stop obsessing over McDaniels. If he's as bad as you say, he'll get himself fired.

I already did this all the way through in another thread, but no, both Henry and Smith were paid a bit above Austin Hooper - he's 105 to their 12,5 BUT, he signed his contract a year earlier. Kelce got a much bigger deal over the age of 30, and is showing it. Kittle and Andrews both make more.

If you go down the list of TEs, you'll find that Smith and Henry are 4th, but almost everyone behind them either signed a contract a long time ago, is old, is on a rookie deal, or doesn't have their resume. Don't take my word for it, go look. The outlier is Waller, who did NOTHING, then went to the stratosphere after he signed and might be the best in the league right now.

Smith had a bad game. He's got a 5-year resume to say that a bad game is an anomaly.

All you’ve done - in the last exchange and now - is walk me through how market value is established. Of 32 teams, the team who pays market value in free agency, is the team that is willing to pay more than 31 other teams. You gloss over that unless you’ve rationalized why Bill passed on Julio Jones with the same reasoning, also known as The Winner’s Curse. Proving that the Patriots didn’t overpay based on market value is nonsensical. No one has ever overpaid in that sense. Every free agent signing made sense if a team was willing to offer it. This is why free agency is often a terrible idea when it comes to expensive players. That’s an idea Bill himself subscribed to for many years.

As for Jonnu Smith, there’s so much irony when you cite his five year resume and track record, which is exactly what I’ve cited as why he’s closer to a JAG than an elite player as his contract would indicate. Of course he isn’t as terrible as he was yesterday. Sure, he’ll have some good games and make some big plays. But his floor and ceiling are both so much lower than his contract is calling for, and we saw the low floor yesterday.

1632758174556.png

I think it was evident yesterday our OL Isn't as good as advertised and McD isn't doing a good job with the offense.

The issue posters are having is every other post from you is "McD has to go." People definitely get your stance, and a lot may even agree with you, but you don't have to repeat it ad nauseum.
This. Sometimes I agree with his points about our offense play calling just seems a bit predictable to me....just do not want to read the same stuff in every thread
Probably good for your mental health to stop obsessing over McDaniels. If he's as bad as you say, he'll get himself fired.

The problem here seems the weapons need more time to get separation than the O-Line can block sometimes. Or maybe Mac's processing i don't know. probably a combination of things which lead to the feeling they don't block well.

The problem here seems the weapons need more time to get separation than the O-Line can block sometimes. Or maybe Mac's processing i don't know. probably a combination of things which lead to the feeling they don't block well.
Mac didn't look good to me and neither did Winston. Both throw up balls and prayed on a TD because that's all they could basically do. Mac at least is a rookie and has an excuse though.

Mac didn't look good to me and neither did Winston. Both throw up balls and prayed on a TD because that's all they could basically do. Mac at least is a rookie and has an excuse though.
I think these are typical rookie mistakes he will master them with more experience. He may tried to force a bit too much because the offense couldn't get it done no matter they tried

Uptown, I think most of us expected our line to be a top 5 unit this year, especially when Brown is in there...it hasn't played like a top 5 unit so far...Are they the worst in the league, as Evan points out, no, but still think we need and will see improvement from this unit during the year. Once Brown gets back, I expect to see a huge improvement in play.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back