PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Saints beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I'm not talking pre-season. Durant SUCKS. Herron SUCKS. This has been apparent in 3 NFL game weeks that weren't needed to reach the same conclusion. You waiting 15 more weeks before you're slow, isn't going to help with the solution. This OLine is maybe the worst in the league with the current lineup.
They were not the reason we lost today. They are backups. Brown returning changes a lot.

Mac may be permanently mentally wrecked running for his life every week.
If that is the case he should be cut tomorrow. We don't need a mental midget as a franchise QB.

They were not the reason we lost today. They are backups. Brown comes back changes a lot.

If that is the case he should be cut tomorrow. We don't need mental midgets as a franchise QB.
This. I cna tell you, he is not that under pressure. lol He tends to hold the ball a bit too long at times, but he is not just under constant Pressure.

I think they mean as a head coach. I mean JG has 2 rings as a QB too.
Brady was a HC? The team's win and those on the team get the rings.

I have been big fan of Bill Belichick, I still am. I,for the most part, have been a fan if Josh McDaniels as OC. I support BB's other coaches.

The first 3 games of this season have me disappointed that the only positive thing I see or read about is how Mac Jones is a good rookie QB. After all the offseason acquisitions of players to improve our defense and offense I am disappointed with the Patriots performance to date. After 4 games I except us to he 1-3 instead of 2-2 or really 3-1 because we could have won today and should have won game 1. The entire performance is unacceptable. Just imagine if Newton was the QB. Everything would be a **** show.

How many other excuses until people realize Josh McDaniels is not a good coordinator. Can't blame Cam now. Brady carried this fraud oc for 15 yrs. Our rookie QB is getting killed by all the terrible calls and no answer for bad pass protection.

Not on day 1, but after a solid draft and spending more than $200 million in free agency, I expected they would be much better than last year with a good chance at the playoffs. The optimistic outlook is still possible but looking highly unlikely. So, yes, with this historically bad start (losing the first 3 home games has not happened in Gillette or since BB arrived), expectations have shifted.
You're already penciling in a loss next week? First time the Pats won the SB they started 1-3.

They were not the reason we lost today. They are backups. Brown returning changes a lot.
If that is the case he should be cut tomorrow. We don't need a mental midget as a franchise QB.

Ok I see you're a homer stooge. The OLIne absolutely is a key reason they sucked once again today. Stop pretending it's fine !!

Imagine being Karras watching these crappy guys keep playing every week for no good reason. Makes zero sense.

This. I cna tell you, he is not that under pressure. lol He tends to hold the ball a bit too long at times, but he is not just under constant Pressure.
Way too many hits. Way too many hurries. It's a combination of things. Guys not getting open. Wrong protections called. Mac unsure.

For perspective, in 2001 Brady was sacked 41 times in 454 dropbacks. That is a big number.

He's a rookie. This is what happens.

Ok I see you're a homer stooge. The OLIne absolutely is a key reason they sucked once again today. Stop pretending it's fine !!

How about you place some blame on your 60 million dollar TEs who can’t find the endzone

In 2001 you were allowed to hurt the QB and face target WRs. Remember the hit Bledsoe took in 95 vs SF? Different nfl back then

put 01 brady under today’s rules and he throws for 30 TDs

Vince Wilfork intentionally elbow dove into JP Losmans knee. It was hilarious. The young posters here don’t remember that one

Way too many hits. Way too many hurries. It's a combination of things. Guys not getting open. Wrong protections called. Mac unsure.

For perspective, in 2001 Brady was sacked 41 times in 454 dropbacks. That is a big number.

He's a rookie. This is what happens.
Exactly, Young QB's take a lot of sacks. Its just a faster game right out of the shoot. Some of his passes have been late too. At some point it slows down to you and you get better.

How about you place some blame on your 60 million dollar TEs who can’t find the endzone

I absolutely do call out the total lack of TE targets in the red zone!! Another reason the oc is a moron. As of last week only 1 total TE target, total, in the red zone. Meanwhile Brandon Bolden gets 2 red zone carriers for negative yardage ??? This oc has had no idea how to use 2TEs going back to his entire existence.

Imagine being Karras watching these crappy guys keep playing every week for no good reason. Makes zero sense.
Nobody is saying its fine, but it was not awful. I think Mac took like 3 sacks, and 2 of them was because he held the ball. You are not going to get 5 seconds to stand back there and look over the field. You have to call routes, notice the blitz, move some protection around, get rid of the ball fast. You have to help the line. I have seen lines that look horrid and then you put a vet QB behind it and its good all of the sudden.

Belichick’s record without Brady takes another L. Scary when you look at it. Doesn’t look like next week will get better either…

I absolutely do call out the total lack of TE targets in the red zone!! Another reason the oc is a moron. As of last week only 1 total TE target, total, in the red zone. Meanwhile Brandon Bolden gets 2 red zone carriers for negative yardage ??? This oc has had no idea how to use 2TEs going back to his entire existence.

I am not sure McDaniels is saying, hey dont throw to the TE's throw to boldin, sometimes thats what the QB does. I am not a huge fan of McDaniels, but he has been here a long time and was the OC when the offense was great. Sometimes its really about execution or lack of execution.

In 2001 you were allowed to hurt the QB and face target WRs. Remember the hit Bledsoe took in 95 vs SF? Different nfl back then

put 01 brady under today’s rules and he throws for 30 TDs
I know it's beside your point, but today's rules keep Bledsoe healthy and TFB off the field for his rookie deal.

Nobody is saying its fine, but it was not awful. I think Mac took like 3 sacks, and 2 of them was because he held the ball. You are not going to get 5 seconds to stand back there and look over the field. You have to call routes, notice the blitz, move some protection around, get rid of the ball fast. You have to help the line. I have seen lines that look horrid and then you put a vet QB behind it and its good all of the sudden.

He took 11 QB hits, 18 QB pressures, and even rushed 6 times!! Watch the replay, he was running for his life all day. Did you not see how his first INT happened, he was literally hit on 3 straight crappy pass plays in a row.

On one hand some morons criticized Mac for throwing too quickly last week, now idiots are complaining Mac was taking too long to throw ??? Mac can't win with morons who don't get the OLine is total garbage and he has absolutely zero time.

Last edited:
I know it's beside your point, but today's rules keep Bledsoe healthy and TFB off the field for his rookie deal.
Probably not true if you believe Belichick. Also that hit on Bledsoe was not illegal.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back