PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post-Game Thread - Pats @ Raiders

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BS

Go search the game day threads if you like, but don’t spout nonsense.

Yes, BB is the head coach and has final say, just like every other head coach. It’s been pretty well documented though that he was pretty hands off with McDaniels once he became established.

But go ahead, find something to continue your argument, as you always do.
It is not documented at all.

Well it’s easy to find things to continue arguments when you have a weak one.

Apologist doesn't strictly mean "to apologize for" it's another word for defender/explainer of a position
I understand how folks typically use "apologist", my point was that it's unclear what needs to be defended or "apologized for" (not that it matters much at this point)

Agree, the talent it there, that poster is just trolling. They need to communicate better and have Wynn stay healthy and Strange get a little more experience.
The longer they play together,the better they'll get. Health is the key. Brown and Wynn have had injury issues in the past. We need to keep the starters on the field as much as possible. If that happens, we'll have a very strong ol by end of season.

People really are regretting the team letting Stid go? Lol. Short memories...

Stid is not an NFL starting QB and Bill if he thought he was had no business thinking that.

People really are regretting the team letting Stid go? Lol. Short memories...

Stid is not an NFL starting QB and Bill if he thought he was had no business thinking that.

Yeah Sb, the fans have short memories. If our offense gets off to a slow start, you'll have fans wanting McDaniels back and you and I know that over the past few years, nobody in the gdt took more abuse than Josh did. lol

Last edited:
Yeah Sb, the fans have short memories. If our offense gets off to a slow start, you'll have fans wanting McDaniels back and you and I know that over the past few years, nobody in the gdt took more abuse than Josh did. lol
To be fair, we really wanted to see Stidhim play over Cam in those last few games.

Come on now, the game day threads are searchable.

Yes McDaniels is a good coach, that’s says nothing about whether the guy who follows him is. And he IS a good coach too.
BB runs the show, this is a team where the offense is handed to the coordinator and the HC doesn’t pay attention, quite the opposite actually. Everything McD learned, BB taught him, and everything he did was in conjunction with and under the supervision of BB.
Any clue as to why they held onto Josh and even made him an offer to entice him not to take the Colts job instead of just going with someone else who's cheaper at OC considering, you know, it's all Bill and under the right amount of supervision and with enough time pretty much any capable coach who learns from him can run the offense? I have to be honest, the "Bill can make it work with any capable QB/OC/DC/team" arguments are growing more and more tiring by the day.

Any clue as to why they held onto Josh and even made him an offer to entice him not to take the Colts job instead of just going with someone else who's cheaper at OC considering, you know, it's all Bill and under the right amount of supervision and with enough time pretty much any capable coach who learns from him can run the offense? I have to be honest, the "Bill can make it work with any capable QB/OC/DC/team" arguments are growing more and more tiring by the day.
Seriously? Wow.

YES!!! I wanted to at least see him in a game where he was the week long starter. At least when he played he looked like a QB throwing the ball.
Yes he did but that's a really low bar if you're comparing him to whatever that was that Cam was doing.

I didn't need to see any more of Stid it was obvious the team already knew what they had and he just wasn't very good if you're looking for a starter.

YES!!! I wanted to at least see him in a game where he was the week long starter. At least when he played he looked like a QB throwing the ball.

I think at that point Stidham still had a lot of maturing to do. Belichick values guys earning their roles quite a bit, and if Stidham wasn't outcompeting Cam (who was well liked/respected in the locker room), he didn't want to hand him starts just to see what would happen. In the end, we probably dropped 3 spots by winning that game, and would have likely taken Mac at 12 instead of 15 anyway. So in the grand scheme of things, I'm not sure it would have mattered all that much.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Agree, the talent it there, that poster is just trolling. They need to communicate better and have Wynn stay healthy and Strange get a little more experience.
How about both getting a little Stronger or is that too much to ask??

How about both getting a little Stronger or is that too much to ask??

I think it's a hard thing to ask mid season. I would expect Strange to be stronger in year 2 though, once he's had a full year in an NFL offseason conditioning program (similar to Mac's apparent physical changes from last year).

Im not saying Stidham would beat out Jones today, my point is I would take Stidham over Hoyer and Zappe.
I didn’t understand using the draft capital to take Zappe when we had Stidham sitting there.
Honestly we could of taken another wife out or o line over Zappe which is what I preferred.
What has been surprising is the lack of anything I’ve seen from Pierre Strong I thought it was a great pick but based on the sample size looks closer to a easy cut.
That's a really good point Stidham looked very much improved and threw to football way better than Mac. Mac didn't look comfortable and I don't think he has "It" right now. We really REACHED for Zappe should have Drafted someone with more upside he's not looking like a good pick he's leagues behind Hoyer.

It’s disappointing that we didn’t double up at wr with doubs at that pick. Especially with the amount of time we spent scouting him pre-draft. He looks like he’s going to help GB right out the gate.
Yeah Romeo Doubs was right there for the taking and though he's a Hot Head George Pickens would have been a much better pick than Tyquan Thornton for us.

That's a really good point Stidham looked very much improved
Eh I didn't really see any improvement. Looked like the same Stidham to me.

Agreed though about Zappe I don't think he's a the type of QB that really has a chance to push Mac competitively.

Eh I didn't really see any improvement. Looked like the same Stidham to me.

Agreed though about Zappe I don't think he's a the type of QB that really has a chance to push Mac competitively.
Well if stid was not improved then our starting defense is in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore